Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Repackbox Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Bye Dad, I'm sure gonna miss you...

Sorry for your loss, remember all things you did together - that never goes away - and leave a good memory for those you care about.

Yes, the good things. Recently I had occasion to pass through a favorite old hunting area, and the days of great-grandpa, grandpa, dad, and all the rest of the family hunting together on the holidays came back to me. There's really no sorrow that great-grandpa and grandpa are gone, nor is there any that dad soon will be, there are places much better than this world.

Boolit Bub
    You truly have to count your blessings, I am sure that you have many fine memories with your father that you wouldn't trade for anything else in this world. I lost my dad 15 years ago when i was four years old and amazingly i still have a few of those memories shooting little .22s and fishing imprinted in my mind. those are the ones that i look to the most when i really need that something to get me by. even though he is gone i try every day to make him proud. My most prized possession that I have isn't money, or all the pistols that I call baby, or even my truck. Besides the memories its the .270 that my dad left me and the last few rounds of ammo he loaded for it, that one day, when Im ready, I will take hunting with me just as he did so many years ago.

lathesmith,
    I just noticed this. I am so sorry for your loss. I know what its like to lose your Dad and buddy. Prayers for you and family. Funny how a brother on here hurting can afect us all. Chin up and carry on.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

I know how you feel, I lost my dad in 05. I am so glad he got to know his grandkids. Your description sounds like your talking about my dad, he is the one that passed on the love of guns and handloading/casting to me. He is sorely missed but I remember him daily and have many of his ways, as I'm sure you have also from your dad.
    As someone said earlier remember the great time you had and he will never be far.
    And I am sorry for your loss.
    JE
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Chris,

Sorry for your loss mate.

Rob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12