MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Time

Boolit Master

Time

So many rifles so little time-never enough----------Mag

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mag_01
    So many rifles so little time-never enough----------Mag
    ............Ain't THAT the truth? I see these photo's or drawings of guys sitting there at their reloading bench with 50 loaded rounds sitting in the tray. Thier bench looks like you could do surgury on it and everything is so neat and stacked nicely. Then there are hunting prints on the knotty pine wall. The dude is wearing a red flannel shirt and smoking a pipe, and a cup of coffee is at his elbow while he holds up one of his new rounds and gazes at it.

ME? I look like the Tasmanian Devil, sweat popping out trying to get accomplished what I want to do in a thin slice of time. Moving junk around, lifting stuff up to see if what I need is under it . The whole shop looks like the wreak of the Hesperous.

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

And I thought I was the ONLY one that worked like that.....
    Lead.

Boolit Buddy
    I can relate ...

GOt 12 new moulds in July ... have not been to the range ONCE since then.

Sigh ......

Boolit Master

I heard that but my time constraint is due to my match shooting schedule. I have many rifles that rarely see the light of day at the range, then others that get thousands of round put through them annually. I must say though, the grass does get rather high in the yard, at least my priorities are in order.

Boolit Master

I agree with all. My problem is having too many projects going at one time
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Buddy

Smile

And, feeling guilty about my friends languishing in my safes, and inspired by this thread, I have made myself take 6 days of vacation starting the 31st. One of those days will be a Home Workday, but the rest will be for shooting. Can't wait.

Bob

Smile

TIME! Whats that? Something I lack. Eat, Sleep and Work seems to be the routine around my house. I do get to shoot once a week to keep the stress levels in check. Guess I do have time if I'm shooting.

Mike

Boolit Master

Thumbs up

All good replies and Buckshot I had to smile when I read yours---I'm in the same predicament in fact I'm going to cast some bullet's later because my bench is so clutted I cant find them so I will cast some more ---Keep a saying some day I will clean this up---never going to happen.-----Mag

Boolit Master
    I do work full time and an odd scedule at that. As of July 5th my wife and I had our first child. Before this I spent at least one morning a week at the range and had at least 3 hours at the reloading bench a week and had been that way for years. Since July 5th I managed to sneak away for one range session that lasted close to two hours.................can't wait till he's old enough to wear earplugs

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot
    ............Ain't THAT the truth? . The whole shop looks like the wreak of the Hesperous.

..............Buckshot

http://www.blupete.com/Literature/Poetry/Wreck.htm
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Master
    "Lifes Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skip in sideways, totally worn out, screamin HOLY COW.....WHAT A RIDE"

Thats pretty close to how I send my time, except when I am at college that is my vaction.

I get up early go to work get home late with just enough time to get maybe a 100 rounds of 22 or 20 rounds out of a highpowered rifle down to the target butt, always have some sort of project going. The next big one is adding a 14x24 shop off the back of the pole barn, then there is the countless roofing jobs and odd jobs I pick up. I am going doing somethign all the time, except for the hour or two before I crash that I spend on the internet.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Hopefully , I'm all done working ninety hours a week . There are times when I don't have the luxury of putting up a target . There is a steel woodcuck hanging chained from a piece of angle iron and a very large rock that get some attention on a regular basis .
    We all ge the same amount of time in a day , it's how we use it that's important

Jack

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I'm glad I quit working 16 hours a day for myself, and now get a paycheck for a 40 hour week. Still don't have all the time I want, but I do get to play much more!