RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication

Thread: DEADBEAT - Singleshotbuff

In Remebrance

DEADBEAT - Singleshotbuff

Last edited by 45nut; 07-02-2010 at 05:22 PM.

I will say to any future Honchos that the patience of this bunch of people is quite remarkable IMHO.
    Remember the average response time of a 911 call is over 4 minutes. The average response time of a .357 is around 1300 F.P.S.

Boolit Buddy
    Wow that's amazing i'm so sorry that happened!
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.

Boolit Master

When people send me money in the mail I always ask for a personal check. USPS Money Orders sound like a good idea, but look what happens when things go wrong? At least with a check you can cancel it, and you can see when it clears(or not). With a MO the other side can always just say they never got it and you are SOL until you file a fraud report with the USPS. And God Forbid you should lose the receipt!

Boolit Man
    This info is "too little, too late" but might be of some use to someone in the future.

The honco of this buy stated that he had sent the money order payment via Priority Mail. That means that a Delivery Confirmation number was automatically assigned to that parcel and is retained as a record for a period of 6 months and if a signature was required at time of mailing the information is retained for one year by USPS.

If the honco or someone had received the confirmation number from the honco in that first 6-12 month period and accessed the USPS web site with that number it would have at the least shown one of the following: the number was a valid number, it was a valid number but had not been delivered (more than likely this would have meant it was lost) or it would have shown a delivery date, what zip code delivered to, City, State and time of scan when delivered.

This would have shown that particular parcel number was not active, was active but had not been delivered or had been delivered: hopefully to the right address.

Not getting into the Postal Money Order part as the above pertains to the mailing, delivery and acceptance issues. I will only state "as bad as I dislike using PayPal" at times it does have some advantages.

Hope the above might help someone, sometime.

I do hope that all buyers have received their refund by now.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=56950
    My feedback !

In Remebrance

Nope, not a sign of any type of refund or further explanation/excuse.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by azshtr View Post
    The honco of this buy stated that he had sent the money order payment via Priority Mail. That means that a Delivery Confirmation number was automatically assigned to that parcel and is retained as a record for a period of 6 months and if a signature was required at time of mailing the information is retained for one year by USPS.
    Thats not true .
    I mail alot everyday thru the PO and UPS . To get a delivery confirmation on a Priority Envelope you pay and additional $0.75 . If you however have "Pick and stick" on your office PC/Printer you automatically get a confirmation number . "If" and it's a mighty big if . If he actually sent the check and went thru the window at the PO , there would be no confirmation number unless he paid the extra $0.75 .

By no means am I sticking up for SSB as he strung me along like everyone else . I was fortunate in that I started sending him stuff everyday for awhile and he sent me mine just to shut me up I think .

I was in the Philippines last spring when he "claimed" they had never recieved the MO and I told him to not worry about paying me until I got back in the country . That was may/june of 2009 . I let it go about 3 months and then started sending stuff every day as I said . Finally he "claimed" to get the refund and with a steady barrage of PM's I got mine 4 months after he claimed to get the return .

This Group Buy and a couple others I've been in for other reasons have soured me totally on the Group Buy thing .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Man
    To 6pt-sika and others who read my post.

I stand corrected, 6pt-sika is correct in that if you don't pay the .70 cents at the Post Office for Delivery Confirmation on a Priority Flat Rate Envelope then it is not tracked.

Not an excuse but a lack of thinking on my part as I haven't paid for Delivery Confirmation in the last 4 years on Priority as I purchase online at Stamps.com, PayPal or the USPS Internet site which all have no extra charge for Delivery Confirmation on Priority Packages shipped in the U.S.

My humble apology.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=56950
    My feedback !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by azshtr View Post
    To 6pt-sika and others who read my post.

I stand corrected, 6pt-sika is correct in that if you don't pay the .70 cents at the Post Office for Delivery Confirmation on a Priority Flat Rate Envelope then it is not tracked.

Not an excuse but a lack of thinking on my part as I haven't paid for Delivery Confirmation in the last 4 years on Priority as I purchase online at Stamps.com, PayPal or the USPS Internet site which all have no extra charge for Delivery Confirmation on Priority Packages shipped in the U.S.

My humble apology.
    No apology needed !
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Good gravy!
    Was there a final determination that the guy really only paid 2-3 guys back? I think it is pretty clear that he "borrowed" the money initially, then the amazing part to me, he kept coming back with wilder and wilder stories for two dang years. If I was going to steal the money, I would have just disappeared. Kinda hard to figure, so maybe he was gonna try to pay it back, then just talked himself out of doing the right thing?

MICHIGAN,but rather be in alaska,or montanna
    IMPORTANT INFO!FOR ALL OHHHHHH MY GOD!!!
    I JUST HAD TO AD MY 2 CENTS WORTH,,, WHAT A SCUMBAG!!! i read this whole story last night, from the very start to its currant. i have to speak out here,,as i have joined this site not to long ago,i have found it to be the best on the web. the folks in here are top drawer,kind,friendly,unjudgemental, as well as just plain hard working,fantastic people!! i was shocked,mad, upset,and down and outright pissed off. and the time frame of this was wayyyyyyyy to generious of fellow members. from every reply i read,his responses i was getting more upset. as i felt for these hardworking trusting fellow members. so before replying to this thread,i wanted to sleep on it,before adding my 2 cents worth. i have a buddy who is also a member here,,and he happens to be a fellow member,caster,shooter,hunter and one of my closeest friends. he is also a laywer! id like to with permission of all who were affected by this guy to go to him on your behalf to see what he can,and would suggest to do. i agree with some of the member who suggested to press charges on this guy. i got sooo mad reading this,id like to help myfellow member here,get satisfaction!!! i would advise this action not to go unpunished!! as most of you have not been paid back,,id like to see everyone of yous get back what you lost to this low life. my humble opion it was all a scam! his excuses,and pittyful replys were both sorry,and unforgivable. as for some of yous who were lucky to get your money back,,,consider this,,it was his way of lieing to cover his wrongful actions to try to show he was sincere. witch in my opion he was ,or has done this before. so in that being said,,id like any who agree to pm me,with there names and contact info if they would like to pursue this. as you gentleman have sent him your money,i asume you have his info,name mailing info,,adress,phone ect. it will be very easy to track him down,as with my buddy,and fellow member being a laywer,and i use to be a private investagator,im sure we can get this scum bag,and stop him from doing this again. id like to hear from yous on this.

In Remebrance

This guys name was Shaun Coleman and I'm still out $140.00.

Banned

It's not the money so much, although everybit counts. It's the breech of trust. The folks on this forum depend on trusting one another to some extent, especially so in group buys, trading, and pay it forward. It hurts when someone abuses trust. It hurts us all.