Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Bullet Swage

Banned

Bullet Swage

I'm looking for a bullet swage to be used in a press, with a tap-out top-punch.
    This to bump up and down a 311299, up on the nose to .304", tapering on the bands from .3085" to 310".
    Is there anyone out there who makes these?
    Thanks;
    joe b.

Banned
    I would try CORBIN.

The late Don Eagan (CBA) used to make these, but I don't know whether someone else is operating his business. Ed Wosika (CBA) also used to make these prior to selling his business. I suppose you can ask if he'll make you one. Also, why not ask Buckshot, whose workmanship is second to none?

Banned
    Corbin would be prohibitly expensive, that is even if he would make it. I made one to bump up a 7mm bullet. The hardess part is making a tool that will cut the exact same nose shape in the die. But I can't make you one, because I'm third to none, not second to none like Buckshot, so you should contact him.

Joe

Boolit Master
    Joe:

Have you had any success finding what you need yet??

IF not, PM me, or e/m would be better.

For something simple like this. you guys with a lathe, and/or mill.

Turn the exact shape you want on the lathe from a piece of high carbon steel, or drill rod IF you have it.

Then either grind, or mill exactly half of it away leaving the full shape on the other half. Then temper it real hard, a good bright red before it gets to orange or yellow color. Then quench it til cold.

Once that's done, stone the flat surface til the edge's are nice and sharp. Pilot drill your die material to a close size, then by HAND turn the chuck and ream the hole out with this "hand reamer". This should make a decent tool for swaging, sizing etc.

I got a 3' section of all thread 7/8"x14 from Wholesaletools.com for $11.70 along with an order for other stuff. Just cut piece's off it for what ever I want to make.

Joe< I'd be willing to try making ONE for you with sample's of the bullet for a pattern. No guarantee how it'll turn out, or IF I can or not. But, I'd be willing to try it once.
    George so I can:

Gun Control is NOT About Guns!
    It's about CONTROL!
    Join the NRA Today

Lm: NRA, NAHC, NAFC, N***/WS

Super Moderator

.............georgeld, just like 'D' reamer/single edge reamer or a form tool.

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance