WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Don't overlook a great library......

Boolit Master

Don't overlook a great library......

Try punching various things that you are curious about into the Search Function. You can find some interesting stuff in there. I did it for an hour today, just for laughs, and found some really interesting threads. It'd be a great way for newer guys to pick up a lot of info that they wouldn't think to ask about yet.
    Qajaq59

One slow hit is better then 500 quick misses. "It ain't the noise that kills 'em!!!!"

Boolit Master
    I've spent a lot of time here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/arch...x.php/f-8.html
    You'd be amazed at what's been discussed, and the information and knowledge is mind boggling. Seems the more I learn about casting, the more interesting the archives become. Many times, I will include the link when replying to a new member's initial thread.

Recently, I bought a brand new, never seen lead, but long discontinued Lyman mould and ran a search on it. Yep, there is was.

Two more reasons why Cast Boolits is tops.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Something else I discovered. If your search results here don't pull up what you want, do a Google search on it. Usually, it will bring you right back to CastBoolits!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

In Remebrance

Quote Originally Posted by 462 View Post
    I've spent a lot of time here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/arch...x.php/f-8.html
    You'd be amazed at what's been discussed, and the information and knowledge is mind boggling. Seems the more I learn about casting, the more interesting the archives become. Many times, I will include the link when replying to a new member's initial thread.

Recently, I bought a brand new, never seen lead, but long discontinued Lyman mould and ran a search on it. Yep, there is was.

Two more reasons why Cast Boolits is tops.
    I was wondering where the really old stuff was! I didn't see a search feature. Too bad.

I spent about a year using the search function as a "lurker" several years ago before I joined the forum. This forum has been a great resource to me. I have directed a number of my friends here too.

Boolit Master
    Seems the more I learn about casting, the more interesting the archives become.
    Exactly!