WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How about another Postal Match?

Boolit Master

If we act childish does that allow us to shoot in the youth category ...Ray
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RayinNH View Post
    If we act childish does that allow us to shoot in the youth category ...Ray
    The hard part with that is . . . who decides what age group you belong in?

Just for a even playing field . . . lets use the date on your birth certificate (you do have one, right?) and figure how old a person is on the 3rd of October . . .

Is anybody out shooting?

I'm going Saturday with my wife, to get ready for the shoot on Monday July 5th!
    Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 06-28-2010 at 01:41 PM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Grand Master

I haven't got any keepers yet, but October is still a long ways off. I'm definitely in for matches 2 and 6 and will probably try not to embarrass myself on 1 and 5.

I went out Suday AM and braved the 90% humidity and have one decent target so far I'll have to break out the 22 my next outing.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master

I'm planning on 1,3,4,5,6!

Still waiting on my checkmaker for my Rem 270 so I can shoot #1

I assume that my Marlin 1894 44 mag will do better than my AK47, but I'll try both for #3 (still need a checkmaker for 30 cal too! There both paid for, just waiting for them to be made and shipped)

Plan on using a 6.5" Blackhawk with 38 spl's for #4 & #5)

This weekend I should have my new / old Rem 511P to shoot #6!

So . . . everybody . . .
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by RU shooter View Post
    I went out Suday AM and braved the 90% humidity and have one decent target so far I'll have to break out the 22 my next outing.
    I was out Sunday too, but shooting ICORE. I was using my own cast, but the "groups"were a bit over sized for mailing.

Boolit Master

OK, How's this for an idea?
    Whichever of you Fancy boys outshoots me and wins the 50 yard benched handgun class gets either 100 454424 swcHP's or 100 pieces of 45ACP brass ON ME!
    I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DanWalker View Post
    OK, How's this for an idea?
    Whichever of you Fancy boys outshoots me and wins the 50 yard benched handgun class gets either 100 454424 swcHP's or 100 pieces of 45ACP brass ON ME!
    Dan you the MAN! Thank You!

I just got a 45 1911 last night!

On my way out the door with my Blackhawk now . . . I haven't shot it in way too long!

Boolit Master

OK, NOW is the Time!

No more excuses. Tis the reason to go shooting:

More found here:
    http://www.ammoland.com/2010/05/07/n...aining-week-2/

Beat me if you can!

Boolit Master

Another reason . . .

Hey, If I can post these . . . shouldn't be to hard to beat me! These are all up close too! (We shot at 27 yards, cuz . . . that is where the shade tree was!)

All paper is 11" X 8.5"

Colt Gov Combat Commander w/ Magtec 230gr ball . . . (hey, thats all I had!) 8 shots!

I only have a 6 round mag, so these are only 7 shots . . .

Two 10 round groups, one in the triangle, the other below . . .

Hey! I had FUN!

Boolit Master

NICE!
    I see none of the keyboard commando's have picked up the gauntlet I flung down the other day.
    I was going to shoot some entries today, but the 25mph gusting winds put the skids to that idea.
    I'm going back up the mountain tomorrow to try again.
    I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.

Boolit Grand Master

October is still a long ways off.

Cast Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    October is still a long ways off.
    Yup. I'm going to try to enter a target, but I won't get to a range until Sept.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Master
    I'll get in on this in the next week hopefully. Been waiting for the heat to break.

I plan to enter all catgories open to me.
    Some where between here and there.....

Boolit Grand Master

My regular shooting partner and I took a day off today to go shooting. We do this a few times a year and head to a range about 80 miles up a toll road because they have pits where you can set up for holster work, shoot and move... all the things we can't do at the local "Bullseye" club.

Imagine our joy when we arrive and see the road blocked off with a sign saying all ranges are closed for construction.

Ah well, no worries. We'll just head on back home and hit the Bullseye club. Sure, we can only load 5 at a time but we can still shoot 50 yard offhand at the black powder range with low velocity cast and hey, it beats working.

An hour and a half later we get to find out that the black powder and high powder ranges at the Bullseye club are closed for repair as well. Not the best day for our big shooting extravaganza. Might have been nice if either club had mentioned it in their newsletters.

So I shot some 50 yard rimfire with the old iron sighted Mossberg 320B. Got a few nice 9 shot groups with a tug and 2 that were keepers. I'll have to get my scanner working and post a picture of the best to date.

Shot handgun too with the usual hideous results. No targets worth keeping there.

Boolit Grand Master

Here we go... Low end Mossberg single shot rifle , iron sights with 53 year old eyes using cheap 11 year old PMC Zapper.

This rifle sort of favors that Korean "junk." Only about 900 left out of the brick or two that I picked up in 1999.

And in case you think trying a few different brands in your rifle is wasted time, some theoretically "better" Remington High Velocity.

Boolit Master

Show and tell?

This has been one of my efforts for the October Postal Match . Working with a 174 gr. Lyman 308375 pushed by 20 gr. AA2400. Started at 50 yds. 17 gr., working each load +.5gr. increments. Groups are getting tighter with each increased .5gr. Could reach a point of diminishing returns before I get to 100 yds.

If this boolit fails my expectations, a heavy long bore ride boolit too is showing promise with the Rem M700 .30\'06. It's a real treat doing this.

Maybe some future match will feature a 50yd. bench rest bolt mil-surps, issue sights only?

With tar balls and tar patties at the shore,

Wt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cast Boolits 001.jpg  
    "Only when the Muslims (Arabs) begin to love their children as much as they hate us, will there be peace."
    Golda Mier

"Fear is a reaction, courage is a decision"
    Luca Scato

Boolit Master

Looking good Walltube!

I need to get out again, hopefully Saturday, Friday (my normal day off) I need to run across the border for a doctors apointment, afternoon down here is no fun outside!

I hear you on more catogories, but . . . we could end up with many one entries, you could enter in either the 50 yard off hand or the 100 yard bench (No requirement that says you have to use a scope)

- - - - - -

Ima, Yes different ammo make HUGE difference! I just recently got two 22 bolts (Rem 511P's), and I bought my wifes cheap cuz the last few inches were wore out from cleaning rods . . . since she is small of stature, I was gonna chop it down anyways . . . I still have not gotten around to chopping it, but last week we ran five different rounds through it, and she can shoot better than me with a messed up barrel! (No rifling at all last 2"-3"!)
    Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 07-15-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Boolit Master
    Here are my first two entries. First-

#2 - 50 Yard - Iron sight Rifle - Off Hand

Savage model 99 in .300 savage. Lasered at 56yds. Load was a ranch dog 170gr aloxed then JPW/alox dipped after loading. Loaded over 13.0gr of unique and a magtech LR primer.

Second Entry

#5 - 25 Yard - Iron sight Handgun - Off hand

S&W model 19 6" barrel. Factory sights, coated with soot to reduce glare. Mixed brass, lyman 160gr wadcutter cast of range scrap. Loaded over 3.5gr of promo lit with a winchester SP. Shot at 25yds according to the established range distances. Shot with two hand hold, fire once, rest, fire again, rest....took me about 20 minutes to fire the group.

Both targets are regulation 50' bullseye slow fire targets.
    Some where between here and there.....

Boolit Grand Master

Some pretty fine shooting there!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast