WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: questions of jukar

Super Moderator

.............A very nice looking bit of work you've done. More then a 'bit' I realize!

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    .............A very nice looking bit of work you've done. More then a 'bit' I realize!

...............Buckshot
    I had left it for a while and just returned to it.A good bit of therapy,thanks for your remarks.
    Regards.

Boolit Master
    Tested for ignition today,getting a good shower of sparks,using a blank BP charge she ignites fast.Next Job Proofing the Barrel (fingers crossed).Looking down the Barrel the Rifling is well defined and fairly deep at 1 turn in 66"x 6 Grooves.Hopefully it will make a good up to 100 Yard Rifle keeping the charge as low as possible with a patched ball.Although not amongst the High quality range,I am quite impressed by Jukar, the kits need a bit of finesse during the build,ie wood to metal fit etc but overall I have enjoyed the experience.

Boolit Master

Close up of Lock area after whiskering the Timber.

Boolit Master

Showing some of the furniture.

Boolit Master

The Jukar Barrel back from the Proof House (it Passed OK),ready for Browning the Barrel.One Coat of Alkanhet Oil applied to the stock,more coats to follow until the desired finish.
    Last edited by Col4570; 11-04-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Banned
    excellent color for that wood!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontierMuzzleloading View Post
    excellent color for that wood!
    Yes Alkanhet does give a good colour,For the Stain I mix White Spirit(Paint Brush cleaner)with Alkanhet and some Lamp Black from the Greenhouse Kerosene (Parafine as we call it) Heater.I usualy apply two or three coats into the stock,When these have penetrated I mix Raw Linseed Oil with a little white Spirit and some Terebin Driers (Paint Hardener).I apply the final coats with some Wet and Dry fine Abrasive Paper,wipe off the excess and rub with the palm of my hand in a circular motion.I repeat a few times always wiping off the excess,then I finely hand rub when the oil is sticky prior to drying.The stock now has a penetrated layer and does not feel like it has a build up,it is easy to maintain with a little Linseed oil every now and then.
    Last edited by Col4570; 11-04-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Boolit Master

First Rusting,1/2 Pint of Rainwater,2 Teaspoons Hydrochloric Acid,1/2 Teaspoon Copper Sulphate,3 Teaspoons of Whiskey.(enough to last for many Guns).As follows:- degreased,applied solution,Scalded after 12 Hours.(one Kettle of boiling water poured over the rusted barrel).Next job to card off the Rust and repeat as many times that it takes (usualy four passes)

Boolit Master

The Rifle Completed.

Boolit Grand Master

Great job. Looks real good!
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mooman76 View Post
    Great job. Looks real good!
    Thank you,"The proof of the Pudding is in the eating" Fingers crossed.Now to try the Rifle at 100 yards when I can get down the Range.

Boolit Master
    Took the Jukar to the Range Yesterday (Sunday) at 100 Yards the first shot hit the top of the Target Frame.Experienced some Flash in the Pans and Touch Hole Blockages.Other shots where on Target using 65 grains of 3f Vesuvit Chzech BP,.437 Ball and Denim Patched.My touch hole insert had a Micro Hole so I have opened it a little.Surprisingly at 100 Yards it is shooting With little trajectory.I was using 3f for priming,I crushed some on site and had more success but the touch hole seemed to be the Pig in the Poke.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234