Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: International Lawn Steel shooting

Hey TCLouis
    Don't mean to ignore your querry, I'm retired and very good at doin nothing. I have a lot of information concerning Lawnsteel ammunition. My experience covers loading for the following handguns.
    S&W models; 17, 19, 27, 29, 66, 459, 686 and 745
    Colt models; combat masterpiece, police, officer, trooper, python, anaconda and 1911
    Magnum research models; lone eagle and desert eagle
    Ruger models; old blackhawk, new blackhawk, security six, speed six, gp100, old super blackhawk, new super blackhawk,
    Redhawk and super redhawk
    Thompson Center contenders, Uberti, cowboy and rolling block. High point 9 & 45.
    Calibers loaded for Lawnsteel; 32, 38, 357, 40, 44 and 45.
    My personal favorite powder is Alliant Promo. I have come up with a Promo load for all calibers shown and have fine tuned a load for each of the handguns listed. There are half a dozen powders which have shown to perform just as well. Expense is a factor in my choice and I load efficiently. Cast bullets have been a mainstay for me well prior to my first championship title. My experience has also shown me that without a doubt, every firearm is different. If a revolver is the subject being loaded for, then you probably have several cylinders with subtle differences within. Lawnsteel bulleteers are very aware of each indivdual cylinder characteristic and address their situations knowing full well the ramifications. While my loads are all considered quite mild, identical performance from same model handguns cannot be expected. Another critical factor lies with the indivdual doing the loading. Admittidly, my loading process is fraught with redundant, anal, unnecessary, repetive, silly, nit picky and stupid(I'm told) behavior.
    The bullet of choice has a 2 ogive nose radius and a meplate one half of slug diameter. Lee, Saeco and Lyman all offer an off the shelf in .358" that weigh in around 160gr and fill the Lawnsteel bill nicely. As Duke noted, an alloy softer than Lyman #2 not only obturates better but also carries steel well at the lower velocities. The 38/357 slot will get most of the attention here as big guns have the mass to carry steel regardless. When softer alloy is used, bullet weight comes up. Lawnsteel demands the weight limit must be met. This is done with careful balancing of added tin. Ductility is the reward here and also improves the outcome.
    OK now, here are some examples of what works;
    All following loads use a Lyman 160gr round nose flat point, 60% fill with "Best lube"
    New model blackhawk ss; 3.5 gr Promo 835fps avg dev 11fps(all 6 cylinders 18 shot string)
    38 spec cases of same headstamp used
    S&W model 66 6"; 3.4 gr Promo 820 fps avg dev 15fps(all 6 cylinders 18 shot string)
    N/m Blackhawk 6 1/2"; 3.2 gr Promo 815 fps avg dev 12 fps(all 6 cylinders 18 shot string)
    Contender 10" 38 spec; 2.85 gr promo 814 fps avg dev 7 fps(21 shot string)
    Contender 10" 357; 3.05 gr Promo 809 fps avg dev 6 fps(21 shot string)
    (Bullets sized to .356" after slugging revealed tight bore)
    Colt python 6"; 3.4 gr Promo 810 fps avg dev 22fps(all 6 cylinders 18 shot string)
    Uberti rolling block 10"; 2.9 gr Promo 809 fps avg dev 7fps(21 shot string)
    357 mag cases of same headstamp used.
    *Uberti rolling block 10"; a 205 gr Saeco rnfp 2.6 gr Promo 789 fps avg dev 9fps(21
    shot string) 357 mag cases of same headstamp used. Same OAL as standard ammo and
    point of impact is 2" high of same point of aim at 75yds. Considered a "cheater bullet"

In 44 I use an antique Ideal/Lyman that drops a 216gr semi wadcutter Keith type bullet.
    N/m Super blackhawk ss 7 5/8"; 5.1 gr Promo 812 fps avg dev 13 fps(all 6 cylinders 18
    shot string) 44 mag cases of same headstamp used.
    O/m Super blackhawk 7 5/8"; 4.9 gr Promo 811 fps avg dev 7 fps(all 6 cylinders 18
    shot string) 44 mag cases of same headstamp used.
    Lone Eagle 10"; 4.1 gr Bullseye 801 fps avg dev 8fps(21 shot string)
    44 mag cases of same headstamp used.

These loads are tested thoroughly and currently in use. Promo loads are subject to change slightly when exhausting a keg and then loading from a different keg. It is the nature of Promo and part of the trade off for the reduced price. Even when lot numbers are identical, chrono work will generaly reveal a speed change on a given volume load. Volume load charges must also be weighed for comparison.
    There are no secrets a true champion will need or use to win. I hope I have been of help.
    Roy

Boolit Master

Thank you gunarea.

With all of that I am all ready to compete with no range available to do so.

Think I will go re-watch the video
    Last edited by TCLouis; 10-09-2014 at 10:22 PM.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Hey TCLouis
    Practice on paper plates set from 45 yds out to 75 yds. Read the Lawnsteel rules. Watch the video. Read the Lawnsteel rules. Get you a good heavy duty lawn chair with effective slide locks.Read the Lawnsteel rules. Watch the video. Read the Lawnsteel rules. Someday you will come close enough to warrant a visit to one of the ranges which offers Lawnsteel. You just let me know. Time expended trying to learn how to play the game is best spent without costing a shot. Adjusting to the shooting postures can be done while watching TV. Practice, dry firing for smooth trigger control prior to active live fire has advantages. Read the Lawnsteel rules. Watch the video. Read the Lawnsteel rules.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention in my last book, how many loads I worked up that were not too good.
    Roy

Hey Boz330
    Rusty is here with us playing Lawnsteel. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tourney 006.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	118626
    He loves this game! That was a first place at the 2012 Ruger tournament. He and Clarence played in a shoot out that lasted a combined 41 shots of no miss. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010099_(800x599).jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	396.1 KB 
ID:	118627 Clarence is the guy Rusty is hugging. The Ruger tournaments were a direct result of Rusty's effort in getting Ruger to give permission for corporate sanctioned tournaments. Rusty also sweet talked the (female) Ruger represenative into supplying Ruger awards. Woohoo! Give him a call and ask about Lawnsteel.
    Roy

The day went great, I have my 38 dialed in. My loads of 3 grains of bulls eye worked out great. Once I got the sights dialed in during the first game, it was accurate from there on out. The last thing I will to is do a crono on them to get the fps number. I had the best day of on target shooting that I have had since I stared playing last month. we played four games, so on the 4th game I decided to shoot my 44 barrel, so before the game Roy said let me see your barrel, he put on a make shift front sight and it worked great, it only took 3 shots to dial in the sights. So here is how I modified it to replace the make shift sight that Roy put on for me to try. He said to build it up with jb weld. so I made a mold on the sight and filled it with jb weld, it came out great. I did all the measuring of the make shift and then once everything was set up remeasured it and it came out perfect. So for right now I am not changing anything with the 38. My next project is to start to load my own 44 brass and get my load working for this barrel. I have maybe two games worth of ammo left from the batch that Eddie made for me. I am going to schmelt lead on sat to get ready to start to cast my own boolits, got most of the stuff that I ordered this past week, and should have molds and lube sizers for the 38 and 44 here next week. I have about 320 pounds of wheel weights sorted and ready to go. We also have a lot of range lead to schmelt later when Eddie gets back. Orville is going to help me get the right BHN for casting the Boolits when we get everything ready to go. Speaking of Orville, he tried out some new loads on Wed. and was struggling with them, so on the next game he changed back to his old loads and could not miss. Roy and I kept saying who are you and what have you done with Orville. He started the day out sitting next to Roy and could no hit a target. Then when he moved to the other end of the firing line we kept telling him that he was doing better because Roy could not harasses him from that far away. Oh yes that is part of the game, and Roy is the master at it. He is one nickel grubbing son of a gun. He will give you the shirt off his back, but he'll screw you for a nickel in the game. We had a new shooter, actually I brought him. He got interested after I told him about it. So I let him take my position after the first game, then Jack loaned him a gun and Gary had to go so he left his chair and table so Okie could use it. So Okie is sitting next to Roy and everytime Roy would knock down an arbitrary target he would hold out his hand to Okie and Okie would give him a nickel. finally we had to tell Okie not to do that. Man what a guy will do for a nickel. I love this game, see you at the range
    Pee Wee

THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME THREAD EVER!

It has me wanting to buy land (even more than before) to get my own range set up. I LOVE it. Keep it up guys (and gals)!
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

In Remembrance

I'm hoping Pee Wee (Keith) holds off smelting Saturday. He has no formal training in doing this, and there are tons of mistakes to be made. He's already done a good thing: sorting the wheel weights by metal. Don't want any zinc in the mix. But, the cleaning up of the molten lead takes some knowledge. He's best to wait for some of us to assist him.

Gunarea, could you please address my post:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post2954295

Especially important for the new guys. I know it's not your nature to be verbose. You are much better at quick, witty, funny jabs... But there is an audience awaiting your input on strategy.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

I would like to thank Orville for taking the time out of his busy schedule to come and spend the day teaching me how to smelt my wheel weights and my pure lead into ingots. It was harder than I thought it would be, but I still had a ball doing it. Can't wait to do all the range lead that we got last week. I will then have all the mix I will need to make the bhn boolits that I will need for my loads that I will be shooting. Orville showed me how to process the lead from start to finish. Showed and told me what the different colors are when they showed in the pot and what metals they are. how to flux and what to use for the first stage thru to the final stage of fluxing. How to manage the lead while fluxing, How to ladle from the pot to filling the molds. I ended up with some nice clean ingots. We used his pot that he made from an old lp gas tank, it holds about a hundred pounds. He gave me an lp tank to make my own pot. I feel very comfortable that I will have no problem when I smelt on my own. I had 4 lee ingot molds and 4 muffin pans, save your money and get the muffin pans from the dollar tree. Pour half way, makes perfect size and weight. Also had me leave small puddle in the bottom, once it cooled take out and label which kind it was. This fits the bottom of the pot perfect, he said that this will make smelting easier next time. It will melt quicker and help to melt the same like mix next time quicker. All this so I can go shoot lawnsteel on wed. See you at the range.
    Keith

Alright now Duke;
    You’re scaring folks. Rod Berkheimer, a nationally ranked shooter, upon his first visit exclaimed, "it's virtually impossible to miss". Oh yeah, Rod is our association match director and literally does love this game. Hitting the targets is not so tough. A chicken target will fall with nearly any bullet contact. I personally demonstrated just last Wednesday how a Ram will fall to an errant hit in the darn foot. It was quite accidental and cost me foul nickels for which everyone loudly thanked me.
    As to the challenge available, individual independent stupidity will find a warm welcome here. Mr. Berkheimer has competed with his "32 vicious" at legal velocities. One of my greatest acts of arrogant ignorance was to compete using 96 gr 44 roundball. Tom Smith fared well with a 6.5mm tcu employing a special 150gr cast projectile. Robert Francis was boss shooting a 7x30 Waters although he folds like paper in every state match he has entered. My other miserable showings were a Desert eagle, 459 S&W, XP 100, H&R 999, and a list I am proud to be ashamed of. While I may be of use for those wishing to be proficient at Lawnsteel, my greatest strength would be an extensive experience of what doesn't do too good.
    There are a few other quirky fun things in Lawnsteel. Any target with three unsuccessful engagements is considered elusive and therefore of mock value even though it will not yield greater nickel harvest. A loud statement of "that didn't seem so hard" being the reward of a fruitful mock.

As for actual strategy, I would have to say there may be several. The mind of the Lawnsteel player has been a subject of study by myself for almost thirty years now.
    First, make an effort to take the most challenging shot available. Although it appears as an ego announcement, this will cause the shooter to more fully concentrate and focus.
    Next comes chicken****itis. This defensive type of engagement is always aware of possible collateral damage within the cone of error. In Lawnsteel there are generally many options when choosing a target for engagement.
    Jethro Bodine carnival freak show shots. A hit off center will cause some targets to spin wildly off to one side. There can be two explanations. The shooter purposely tries to get enough movement so as to cause a neighboring target to fall or turn out of viability. The shooter failed to hit the target squarely.
    Psychological attack. Two types exist in Lawnsteel, local and general. Loudly asking a fellow shooter for a complimentary sniff of a suspected body part being infected, can be both types simultaneously. Momentary distraction in an effort to break concentration can be effective.
    Power!
    If you can’t hit em good, hit em hard. Large caliber permits projectiles up to 250 gr in weight. Speed limits are reduced slightly but it is a simple equation; mass X velocity = whomp. (duhh)
    I'm letting the cat out of the box next. A couple silent personal games are played by seasoned Lawnsteel shooters unbeknown by most. One is the food group game, get one of every target group. It is extremely difficult to execute even when unknown and virtually impossible to complete when discovered. Then there is flocking. Getting all of any single group of targets or all of a number. These games do not net the player anything but personal satisfaction and occasionally accolades. Another favorite is toppling targets which obscure other targets and rendering otherwise challenging targets to a level virtually impossible to miss. I have watched the really good shots engage only the very most challenging targets and removing the challenge disgruntles them. Discovering the intent of one of these silent challenges can be difficult and rewarding with no verbal exchange being used.

As any Lawnsteel shooter, I will answer honestly to all questions about my ammo manufacture. There is a Lawnsteel secret! This is not going to be a sales pitch nor platform for argument or even disagreement. Lawnsteel players whom engage reloading and casting seriously are eventually gifted with this secret. It will be my pleasure to enlighten anyone who shoots Lawnsteel.

I sincerely hope my mussing will be at least entertaining if not helpful or enlightening. Please let me know what I can do to heighten enjoyment of your Lawnsteel experience.
    How was that Duke?
    Roy

What the Champions shoot and how they shoot it
    Wonder what those guys do to beat you? Wish you knew their bullet formula? What would you give to know?
    Clarence Swimm Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47b8db25b3127cce98548a90c22f00000017100QcMWrluybsT.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	118903shoots a Freedom arms revolver chambered in 357 magnum but shoots 38 caliber home cast bullets that aren't going 800 feet per second. He has placed somewhere in the top three spots in every Lawnsteel sanctioned event. His chair of choice is a lawn lounger. Like a moth to flame, he will completly miss a target in an attempt to make a carney booth shot and knock down two. His cheater gun is a T/C, in which he carefully rotates cartridge headstamps, thus imparting a curve into the bullets trajectory to make trick shots at obscured targets, .
    Talon Waddoups, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47b8db24b3127cce98548a8f5bb400000017100QcMWrluybsT.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	118904 our 2010 Ruger Champion, won his title using a Super blackhawk in Bisley configuration. Talon also employs home cast projectiles, pushing them at an average velocity of 830 fps, measured eight feet from the muzzle. If you engage a target and do not topple it, bet the house, Talon will engage that target on his first opportunity. A young man, Talon is not intimidated by anorexic or charging targets and will repeatedly engage these targets. He sits in a folding beach chair, purchased at Wal-Mart. Go get you one.
    Mike Bradtke's Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47b8db25b3127cce98548ab7433800000017100QcMWrluybsT.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	118905caliber choice for all divisions of Lawnsteel is the old standby, 38 caliber. Mike also chooses not to push velocity limits, his home cast, 38 caliber, 160 grain truncated cone, runs around 825 feet per second with an average deviation of 11 feet per second. Definatly not a cheater, no matter what division he may be competing in. Mike is a steady handed player that suffers from Chicken****itis and generally will select targets with little or no potential for collateral damage. A Rangemaster, Mike knows Lawnsteel inside out and is a Lawnsteel purist. He puts his butt into an old broken down Wal-Mart beach chair and fires a revolver with no use or need of a blast shield.
    Then we come to one of Lawnsteel's most prestigious medal winners, Rod Berkheimer. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tournament 002.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	118906 Only recently has Rod picked up enough empty aluminum beer cans from the roadsides to buy his way out of a old broken down green resin patio chair using the pad from some other busted down piece of s#%t lying around. He also used a non-matching poolside stool as a foot rest. WARNING!This seemingly harmless ragamuffin, will beat you like a rented mule! Rod will appear to adjust the sights on every firearm he brings to the line, this ploy lulls many competitors into a false sense of superiorty. Rod often fires his Ruger Redhawk, also in an effort to ellicit sympathy from the unsuspecting.
    Our beloved Rangemaster, Roy Kramer, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roy.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	118907 is the most humble and unassuming individual to ever grace a Lawnsteel firing line. One of his guns is an antique Ruger, fourty years old, complete with rust and discoloration. His friends, all four of them, gave him a single shot gun, it accepts 38s. With high hopes they might be responsible, for Roy not hurting himself, with the use of a modern firearm. He is an old guy that takes a supplement similar to Geritol, which allows him the mental perflaxation needed to shoot perfect games. Non prescription, pharmacutical grade, ****itol. Roy shoots slow 38s in all divisions. Using a beach chair, also from Wal-Mart, with a rolled towel for a headrest.
    Any of these Champions will gladly respond honestly and openly to questions concerning their equipment or the shooting strategy they employ. They have no desire to win by having a secret weapon or trick unknown to others. Lawnsteel champions don't want to beat you on your worst day, they will prefer to beat you on your best day.

I was out in my reloading room loading for "the game" on wed. and just realized that I am loading rounds that I cast and made myself. My how far I have come in such a short time. I have to thank Orville, Eddie and Roy, they have given me the guidance and their knowledge to make this possible in just a months time. The gratification that I am getting from this is awesome. I have gone from just shooting at targets to a skill level that only a few people reach. Not bragging, just very amazed that I am involved in this type of shooting and loading. If you had told me a couple of mo Ago that I would be shooting an ugly single fire pistol at steel targets 50 to 60 yards away sitting in lawn chair shooting low load rounds that I cast,sized and loaded my self, I would have said you are crazy . Man I love this game. See you at the range
    Keith

Its wed. I'm off to the range for anther day to play "the Game" its raining right now 7:15 AM but supposed to clear out and be sunny by 9:00 AM. I excited to see how my sight mods are going to work on my 44 mag barrel. I have loaded 100 rounds of ammo that are all mine from casting, to sizing to loading. They are all of the same head stamp (WW) also, as per Orville. Its has to do with consistencies of the brass and how the powder reacts when fired. I let yall know how the day went. I love this game. see you at the range
    Keith

Man what a great day, the rain stopped on the way to the range, it cleared out and turned into a pretty day. We had 8 shooters today, Orville had two buddies come in for bike week that also are shooters. He let his buddies shoot in his station and after three games, Gary and Jack had to go so the new shooters played the last game. I had a great day with my 38 combo. I hit some really challenging sets of the targets, ones that are set behind another, as Roy is always telling me there is room for a bullet to get thur there, man when you hit those, you need time alone with yourself. (inside joke with lawn steel shooters) The last game I put on the 44 barrel and discovered that my front sight was to wide for the rear sights, had the up and down on line but could not see side to side. That's ok because I am still working on it. Still shooting the loads that Eddie made for me, once I get the barrel sighted in I will then start to work on my own loads. Still waiting on my 44 mold and sizers, should be here in another week or so. Man I really love this game, see you at the range
    Keith

In Remembrance

PeeWee and others, like myself, are finding that the generosity of most shooters (and certainly ALL lawnsteel shooters) is boundless. Not many situations when a person will give up their seat, hand you a gun and ammo, and walk you through the fine points while you are preparing to shoot. But, that's how it is in lawnsteel. We'll share all our recipes. All our techniques. Help tweak and tune your gun. Drive distances to show you how to cast and smelt. Share endless telephone conversations on a myriad of subjects relating to reloading, shooting, guns, barrels, lead aquisition, boolit casting, powder selection, etc. All with a smile. And, without fear that we're sharing too many hard earned secrets.

It's NOT at all about competing with YOU. It's much more about competing with ourselves. It's the part of this shooting game I like the most. It's really about pushing the boundaries of MY OWN abilities and skills. I'm happy to share what I know, and have learned, mistakes and successes. Because I know that even with my knowledge, it's still you, making the ammo, holding the gun, and pulling the trigger. And, you're likely to mess up from time to time, and I'll happily take your nickels. And, as long as you mess up more than I do, I'll make more nickels than you.

The guys talk about the day (which hasn't happened for me yet) when you shoot a perfect game. That means knocking down every called target, with no fouls. While that would be a great day...... for me the better day would be the day when everyone on the line goes home with every single nickel they came with. Where the whole line shoots a perfect game. That would be an amazing moment in time.

We're proud of you, PeeWee (Keith). And, we are happy that you still love the game. It ***IS*** addicting. And, nearly the most fun you can have while reclined in a chair.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

What a great day, it's wed. And we had a great day at the range shooting "the game". I could not hit the side of a barn today. But I still had a fun day. Orville was on today, he's got his 38/357 barrel dialed in. He hit a couple of really challenging shots, one that he needed some time alone. It was one of those shots that he will not forget for awhile, I know I won't. My 38 mold came to day, actually two showed up, did not get the 44 mold, had to call and reorder the 44 mold and get an RA # for the second 38 mold. I can now cast my own boolits. I'll let you know how that goes.
    man I love this game. See you at the range.
    Keith

Ya, today is wed, get to go shoot "the game". I spent yesterday at the club in bay 7 painting all the targets. They had gotten really dull and hard to see from all the hits they had taken and from the muddy water that had been in bay 7 from all the rain we had. Afterwards Oriville let me shoot his sig 223 with this special bullett that he made, ( I think he is a bullet wizerd with all the knowledge and special bullets that he swagges himself) and he gave me a good lesson on how not to jerk the trigger. This is a problem I have been having, off and on, so now I have a pre shot process that will help with that. So thank you Oriville. Will let ya'll know how the day went.
    see you at the range
    Keith

In Remembrance

Dear Diary,
    One of my best days yet. Came home with a BUNCH more nickels than I went with. For months, shooting the #2 lillipop "could" get you immediately into the game. It requires two lollipops to get into the game, and jokingly, knocking down the #2 achieved that for some in the one shot. Today, I was the second shooter, and had access to the #2 lollipop, and so I asked the line judge if that got me into the game. Gamearea (Roy) was the line judge, and remarked, "Hell no! That means that you have to shoot down two MORE lollipops! Ah hahaha"

Nickel grubbing, plain and simple. I shot down two more lollipops in short order, and managed to get quickly into the game, and collected a bunch of their damned nickels. Hahaha Joke was on them.

PeeWee, after earlier successes, had a terrible day today. He needs some trigger time. He spent much of today jerking the trigger.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Well as Orville noted, I had a terrible day shooting but had one of the best days shooting lawn steel. a guy just shouldn't be allow to have this much fun shooting. Even on a bad day it was a great day. Orville had his best day shooting since I started playing "the game" he has his 38 dialed in. I have the jerks, so Orville gave me a cap to use and he and the guys suggested that I practice shooting the TV. So guess what I have been doing. hopefully by next wed I will have the bad ju ju out of my system. On a different note, I received my new molds this past week, and just waiting on the mold handles, then I can cast my own boolits and be on my way making my own rounds. I think I am eat up with it, Roy made a comment that I might have a casting problem, meaning that I may be like Eddie, I shoot to support my casting problem. I blame He, Eddie and Orville, they sucked me into this and I can't help myself, I addicted. What a great addiction.
    however, I think Orvilles plan was to get someone else into this so he would no longer be the new guy. yea that's it. sooooooooooooooo, back to the TV so I can practice some more, cause I want to be a nickel grubber to.
    see you at the range
    Pee Wee

In Remembrance

Damn......... Keith figured out my scheme to make him the new guy....... (all he has to do is bring in a permanent player who is as addicted as he is, and Keith will get replaced as the new guy.)

New guy or not, Keith, you have replaced me as the nickel fountain..... I used to go through a whole roll or two of nickels every time I played. Now, I am using the same 30 nickels over and over and over again.... Working on making the pile grow.

I am getting a strong sense that Eddie regrets selling you that Contender..... He's actively looking for another.....

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Yea, I need to find a new guy. Well, I spent the last 3 hours casting my first run of boolits both 38s & 44. They came out perfect. So I will be loading my own loads shortly. I have everything for the 38 and waiting on lube & sizing die for 44. Its on back order. This was my first time casting all with my own stuff, the 38s were easier than the 44s. The 38s took one pour to get everything right, mold came right up to temp. The 44 mold did not, I had to increase the flow of the bottom pour pot and it took 6 pours to get the temp right. I cast 500 38s and 200 44 boolits, next step is lube & sizing. Then load. Speaking of loading, I had sent off my dillion 550 to be refurbished it got back sat. I got this for $200.00, it was missing several parts and rusted, dillon charged me $67.99 for the refurb . Man they replaced every thing that was missing fixed every thing that rusted and every thing that was missing for that price of 67! See you at the range
    Keith

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast