RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233

Thread: International Lawn Steel shooting

A couple of questions:
    FYB is pretty well known and referenced in the ILSA rules, but can you further explain how MOCK plays into the sudden death shoot out?
    Also, when we draw the scramble slips, do we keep those to ourselves until such time that we call and hit one of the targets on a slip? In other words our slips are kept secret?
    Lastly, do you want the tournament announcement distributed on the group text?

Sure. The MOCK reference indicates that a missed target of the first party will be the intended target for the second party in sudden death. Being a commemorative type function, the award list will be large and many ties are expected.
    It is best and advisable to keep scramble slips unknown to others. Rat ******** will take those targets as an option to eliminate and therefore lower the overall total of successful scramble slips. These seasoned competitors have memories like a steel trap, unfortunately the steel has severely corroded over time and the memory portion will also be a part of the actual play. This is not a team sport!
    Please let all know about the upcoming tournament.
    A side note is Gary McLoud(RIP) was the author of the "NUMBERS" version of Lawnsteel, the game.
    Thanks. Roy
    Shoot often, Shoot well.

Oh this is going to be a blast, beware the evil backstabbing that will occur..... BE THERE!!!!!!!!!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Wwwwwwwwwwwhat?????????????
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Another beautiful day shooting lawnsteel. We had 11 people B1GB1RD and I had a good day
    We almost had a perfect game in game 2 for me and game 3 for him. I missed one shot and he missed one shot. A great time was had by all.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Another beautiful day for lawnsteel. We had 14 shooters today, B1GB1RD and I shot beside each other today on line 3 and he made an incredible shot today, on the rams there is a hole in the horn twice the size of a golf ball laterally and just small enough vertically to hold a golf, and B1GB1RD called the golf ball said he would leave the ram standing and hit it dead center and left the ram standing. That is a great shot. No nickel tho. We as a whole had a line of good shooters. Some really good fuzzy butt shots were made. Nancy shot on the line of 4 and 2 were visitors and she took her line to the cleaners and took home a boat load of nickels. A good time was had by all.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Another beautiful day for lawnsteel. We had 14 shooters today, B1GB1RD and I shot beside each other today on line 3 and he made an incredible shot today, on the rams there is a hole in the horn twice the size of a golf ball laterally and just small enough vertically to mold a golf, and B1GB1RD called the golf ball said would leave the ram standing and hit it dead center and left the ram standing. That is a great shot. No nickel tho. We as a whole had a line of good shooters. Some really good fuzzy but shots were made. Nancy shot on the line of 4 and 2 were visitors and she took her line to the cleaners and took home a boat load of nickels. A good time was had by all.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Holy Crap!!!
    Captain Happy has come up with yet another tournament format unique to the shooting world. A combination Easter egg hunt, numbers game and scavenger hunt thrown together with range transient's, gypsies, homeless shopping cart people moving about, semi capable. Now our benevolent, humble, unassuming Rangemaster will allow ignorant guideline infractions, rampant rules violations and outright cheating transgressions to be forgiven. Oh, the humanity!! Near capacity pre registration indicates a true passion for deviant behavior. There will be a light lunch provided by a small group of our beloved members. A big thank you goes out to them and for all the volunteer work done to make this a memorable tournament.

This is 38 caliber fun at distances, unbelievable to the masses, intimidating to the rookies and laugh out loud funny to regular folks shooting Lawnsteel. Skin so thick that verbal attacks are less annoying than mosquitoes. Some of us can't see, some can't walk, most can't count to six, some can't count to one! Yet here we are playing the same game, in the original design as given some thirty years ago. The only firearm shooting sport that as of this writing, employs 100% home cast projectiles and home loaded ammunition. CAST BOOLITS, yer still about ten years behind us. WOO HOO, I love this game.
    Roy
    Shoot often, Shoot well.

Tribute tournament to Gary McCloud: Our dear friend who passed last month and author of the numbers game. So in his honor all three games played were the numbers game.

Holy Crap, what a funtastic game, I’ve never had so much fun and with a gun. I am so privileged to know these wonderful people. We had 18 shooters show up for the tournament but Randy couldn’t shoot due to the arthritis in is shooting hand so he spectated. Each shooter drew 10 target slips which a random target assigned on it, 3 games 1 at each station, the one with the most hit targets drawn wins, ties would be sent to a FUB shoot off. As it turns out I won out right with 8 targets out of the 10 accomplished. There was a sudden death shoot off for 2nd-9th place with Rusty taking 2nd and Tallen in 3rd. A good time was had by all, good food and great Fellowship.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

And I will say it here, my wife Mary (AKA B!GS CHICK) came out in 4th after the shootout, yes, 2 spots a head of me in 6th, so to say I am proud of her is an understatement, great shooting, great fun, great people, great day!!!!!!!!!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Regular Tuesday morning shoot in the AM, suppose to be mid 60s to start and mid 70s to end, going to be great! Lets try for that perfect game tomorrow PeeWee!!!!!!!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Well no perfect game. But still had a blast. New terminology made up buy B1GB1RD and Kenney, we now have BroJoe, I’ll explain it if you want to know what it is let me know. We had 12 shooters and Randy spectated due to his sore thumb, Paul and Greg out. A good time was had by all.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Another beautiful day at the lawnsteel range. We had 13 shooters today so we broke into 3 lines of 4,4,and 5, I was on the line with 5 and the first game we shot really good. We finished our game in 12 rounds. There were only 7 missed shots. Typically a game is 18 to 20 shots. We basically traded nickels, 2nd 3rd and 4th games were also low shot games. Total of 56 rounds for all 4 games. Best 4 games for me in a while. Some incredible fuzzy But shots were made thu out the four games. I had a great time, as always. On to next Tuesday.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233