Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: International Lawn Steel shooting

Hello B1GB1RD and Pee Wee. Family owns the Oak Hill Fish Camp and I've got my RV all set up at their place on Halifax. I'd like to check out your shooting range and meet some of you when I'm down that way again. Looks like the range is coming together nicely. Gp

Quote Originally Posted by gpidaho View Post
    Hello B1GB1RD and Pee Wee. Family owns the Oak Hill Fish Camp and I've got my RV all set up at their place on Halifax. I'd like to check out your shooting range and meet some of you when I'm down that way again. Looks like the range is coming together nicely. Gp

Wow I shrimped and fished out of Oak Hill fish camp all my life until it closed to the public some years ago. You are invited to be our guest and come shoot with us. All you need is a few rolls of nickels. Big Bird and I will set you up with everything you will need to shoot. Private message either of us for contact information.
    You are only about 30 minutes away from the club. When do you think you’ll be down this way?
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Yes I’m healing 3rd day after. The doctor said about 2 to 3 weeks healing time. Man did I miss shooting yesterday. I will go spectate Saturday. I talked to Mike yesterday and he is walking on his new knee without Walker or cane. He said he went to the grocery store with his wife but overdid it. He is jonesing to get back shooting but still can’t get in his truck yet. Mark is getting a second opinion about whether he had a seizure as all test were negative but the neurologist told him no driving for a month.
    Greg’s back is flaring up but he is powering thru. Nancy’s head is healing, got stitches out. Getting old is not for sissies. I love this game, see you at the range.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Pee Wee: Thanks for the kind invitation. Let me assure you that the Oak Hill fish camp is open for business and you won't believe the new look of the place. Chrissy and David Carnes own and operate a very tidy and guest friendly operation. Check out their wed site for information. I'm trying to get a flight down for a couple weeks this summer but it depends on price. I'll be down for sure this October. I'm getting old enough and have lost my joy in winter sports LOL I'll be down all winter. Have to come home when my daughter gets tired of mowing the lawn. I'll make contact when I know arrival dates. Thanks again for the invite. Looking forward to putting faces to my fellow Boolits members. Gp

HEY ROY, guess what we get to do tomorrow, we get to go shoot!!!!! Hope to see everyone there!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Pee Wee: Thanks for the kind invitation. Let me assure you that the Oak Hill fish camp is open for business and you won't believe the new look of the place. Chrissy and David Carnes own and operate a very tidy and guest friendly operation. Check out their wed site for information. I'm trying to get a flight down for a couple weeks this summer but it depends on price. I'll be down for sure this October. I'm getting old enough and have lost my joy in winter sports LOL I'll be down all winter. Have to come home when my daughter gets tired of mowing the lawn. I'll make contact when I know arrival dates. Thanks again for the invite. Looking forward to putting faces to my fellow Boolits members. Gp
    We stayed over there a lot when we had the camper and boat, but their cabins are nice as well, look forward to you shooting with us one day!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Thank you B1GB1RD I've made good friends in Oak Hill Love the rural feel of the little town and being so close to the inter coastal waterway. Looking forward to meeting your group. Gp

Pee Wee- B1GB1RD I have an Idaho friend that now lives in Jacksonville that's making a road trip out here to Idaho. Give me a feel for the sort of handguns that are common in your game.I have quite a few single actions old styles and new. I could maybe send a few down to Oak Hill with Kathy when she heads back. Gp

lots o variations, we have a python, bunch of 10" thompsons, couple of raging hunters, black hawks, red hawks, smith and wessons, 27. 686, 14, all kinds of neat guns. We have a 850 fps & 160gr small caliber and a 250gr large caliber rule so most shoot 7 1/2 - 10" bbl, also have a 10" rule. Hope that helps, most are shooting 155-158 38/357 or 200-225 44 or 45lc
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by B1GB1RD View Post
    lots o variations, we have a python, bunch of 10" thompsons, couple of raging hunters, black hawks, red hawks, smith and wessons, 27. 686, 14, all kinds of neat guns. We have a 850 fps & 160gr small caliber and a 250gr large caliber rule so most shoot 7 1/2 - 10" bbl, also have a 10" rule. Hope that helps, most are shooting 155-158 38/357 or 200-225 44 or 45lc
    Thanks I have Blackhawks and a few 38-357s I'll look the options over before my next trip down. Gp

Thanks I have Blackhawks and a few 38-357s I'll look the options over before my next trip down. Gp
    3.1 - 3.4 grains of bullseye or promo and you are close

and BTW now that I have an inside source Im going to use you for weekends at the cabins...lol
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

B1GB1RD Chrissy and I have already had a conversation about that and discussed a way to make you feel at home over there. Look over the web site for openings and I'll see what I can do to get you a deal. I love my Idahome but lots to miss about coastal Florida. No palm trees up here! Gp

was looking at the flounder cabin as there will be my wife and I and my son his wife and 2 kids, it looks perfect for us, and we have a 21' center console we park at the dock.
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by B1GB1RD View Post
    was looking at the flounder cabin as there will be my wife and I and my son his wife and 2 kids, it looks perfect for us, and we have a 21' center console we park at the dock.
    I would like to get in on this deal also. I would love to spend a couple day over there when the mango snapper are running.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Good luck on your tunnel job, had mine done a few years ago. While doing the recovery thing, got a couple of Action shooting gloves, best I could find, now out of business, they have gel padding that covers the nerve channel in the heel of the hand. If you had the palm nerve done, suggest you get a good padded shooting glove before you go back to shooting.
    Wife had her elbow done, we were kind of crippled up for a bit.
    Get well.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

B1GB1rd and Pee Wee: The Flounder cabin was totally remodeled just last fall and would be great for family's I think it sleeps up to 10 people. Be aware that deals are up to Chrissy as she is co-owner and money person of the operation and I'm just the old father-in-law LOL but I have put in a good word for my Boolits friends and I'm sure they would make you comfortable there. Covered boat mooring is available (first come first serve) + a couple other spots to tie up. Good fishing right off the bank for snook and red fish. Hope to see you there this fall. Had my Uberti 1871-72 reproduction 38 spl to the range today for the first time and was very pleased with it. It's at least as accurate as me (At 73 and shaky I realize that's not a big endorsement) but it was a fun handgun to shoot. Gp

Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    I would like to get in on this deal also. I would love to spend a couple day over there when the mango snapper are running.
    Lots of little snapper over there around the edges. Great eating little fish! I'm just starting to learn the ins and outs of Florida fishing. My only saltwater fishing experience is west coast offshore for tuna or salmon. Check out the web site and hope to see you there. Gp

73, youll fit right in with this group, im the youngin at 57, bunch of retired and ex military, you will be hooked when you come, trust me!
    And Ill buzz her and check on availability, just need some weekends to relax sometimes, thx!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

I’m the oldest at 75, be76 in July, but your only as old as you feel. In side I’m still 19. I did go out and watch today. Hopefully I’ll be able to shoot next Tuesday, hand coming along nicely.
    Rapier, good suggestion I’ll look into that. Gpidaho Robert booked in July, if my wife can get off of work I wanna do same.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Hey peewee, Eddie +113 today, oh my, I thought I was good at +32.....WOW!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast