MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Advice needed

Boolit Buddy

Smile

Thanks, on Saturday I will try to find some neatsfoot oil. I don't know of any tack shops here, but I will find one.

Thanks again,

Bob

Boolit Master On Heavens Range. 1940-2008 Slamfire's Avatar

Underhammers Rule!

Sell that silly sidelock, and git you a real live underhammer. The old Numrich replica H&A show up from time to time on auctions sites that are firearms friendl. No lock to worry about the triggerguard is the spring. The ignition is instantaneous as the nipple screws right into the barrel. The breech plug is a 5/8 x 18 bolt with the head cut off, or if you want a REALLY big bore, say 8 or 4, turn down the shank of the appropriate size bolt. Throw away the cross pin that holds the breech plug to the frame, and substitute set screws. Just loosen them and pull one barrel out, put in a different one, and tighten the screws back up. They can be as accurate as any other rifle or shotgun, many are used in chunk guns, like those used in the Alvin York shoot at Pall Mall, TN.

Banned

I just tested the .54 barrel on the kit I assembled for my brother in law. I had some TC lubed patches. Same problem, second shot was almost impossible to get down and I had to go up the hill for my stout ramrod with a big wooden ball on the end. From then on it needed wiped.
    I got some of my Young Country lube and patch material out and didn't have to wipe anymore. If a load gets sticky, I just add a little more lube to the next patch and it clears it up.
    You just have to experiment with lubes, some work, some don't.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter1 View Post
    Thanks, on Saturday I will try to find some neatsfoot oil. I don't know of any tack shops here, but I will find one.

Thanks again,

Bob
    What is a neat? How many feet do they have? How do they get the oil out of the foot? Must the neat die? Inquiring minds....
    I clean my renegade every day, no more light brown stuff.
    I tried to adjust the triggers per instructions, screwed the little screw in all the way, it never clicked the trigger as the instructions say. I'm about to take this thing apart. Please send me your name and address and price to put the lock and triggers thing back together-I'll send the box of parts.
    Thanks;
    joe b.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456