Snyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Double Action Postal Match

Slughammer,

What range do you want the Nagant revolvers shot at?

I have one it shoots well.

Tim.

Boolit Grand Master
    A Nagant M-1895 fired double action needs a target distance in feet--not yards. Single action, I can hit 6" plates at 35 yards pretty consistently.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    25 yards was pretty easy, but 50 with irons was a little tough. I shot 44 mag, 45 LC and 38. The only target with 12 holes in it was from the 45 colt.

All I have left are 25 and 50 yards with a scope. This will be with my 44 SRH.

David

Quote Originally Posted by twoworms
    Slughammer,

What range do you want the Nagant revolvers shot at?

I have one it shoots well.

Tim.
    Shoot one of the main matches from the first post. Probably the 15 yard normal gun match and the 50 yard He-Man Iron sight match.

Quote Originally Posted by David R
    25 yards was pretty easy, but 50 with irons was a little tough. I shot 44 mag, 45 LC and 38. The only target with 12 holes in it was from the 45 colt.

All I have left are 25 and 50 yards with a scope. This will be with my 44 SRH.

David
    Sounds great David R. I have a range session scheduled for tomorrow. I planned the match to end when my kids started up school again, that way I'll have time to score the targets. Now tomorrow is time to shoot some!

Boolit Master
    I have not shot my own 50 yard off hand rifle match yet.

This one is fun, thanks. If it wasn't for you, I wouln't have a snubby.

50 yard double action Iron sight........11 5/8" unofficially.

David

My hand hurts!

I have not shot my own 50 yard off hand rifle match yet.

This one is fun, thanks. If it wasn't for you, I wouln't have a snubby.

50 yard double action Iron sight........11 5/8" unofficially.

David
    I shot enough of the 50 yard iron sight match to make my hand hurt. Seemed I always flubbed a shot somewhere in the string and I had to try and do better. The one in the picture is 11 3/16".

After beating my self up, I borrowed a rifle and shot your 50 yard match to unwind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 50 yard He-Man.JPG  

Boolit Grand Master

I was at the range with Slughammer and tried the He Man contest... Turns out I'm more of a she man. I never got more than 11 shots on the paper.

I did get a decent 50 yard rifle target to send in though.

Boolit Master
    Geez Slug, you beat me by 7/16" SEE they are close. Should I shoot another one? I too had ONE shot way off in the blue yander that killed my group.

He Man with scope could be good for me. My SRH has had a scope on since it was new a bunch of years ago. I took it off this year to shoot silly wet Iron sight. Now it can go back on.

David

I'll try and shoot it at 15yards.

Thanks.

Tim

... Should I shoot another one? I too had ONE shot way off in the blue yander that killed my group.

David
    Absolutely, shoot as many as you want. It's all about getting out and shooting. I ain't done yet, I hope to get my act together and get my shots together. To say that I am thoroughly challenged by the double action 50 yard shooting is an understatement.

I hope nobody thinks they have to declare a target in advance. C'mon guys take a bucket of ammo to the range and get some shooting done. (see post #1 for the details).

Boolit Master
    I will gladly shoot more!

Boolit Grand Master
    Buckshot and I gave the 15 yard normal gun venue a try yesterday, and he has a right nice target to send along, courtesy of his K-38. I'm going to try another gun or ammunition type, my Model 16-4 x 6" showed a definite dislike for the Lyman #313631's yesterday.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Count me in. I'll dust of the Smith Mountain Gun and the 357 Blackhawk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by LGS
    Count me in. I'll dust of the Smith Mountain Gun and the 357 Blackhawk
    You have a double action Blackhawk? You need to take that one over to Bad Luck Bill's Single Action Duelist match.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Slughammer, Several attempts at the 50 yd. DA "He-Man" match were hysterically amusing. Decided to not waste your time with targets showing very few hits.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Bigger Paper

Quote Originally Posted by NVcurmudgeon
    Slughammer, Several attempts at the 50 yd. DA "He-Man" match were hysterically amusing. Decided to not waste your time with targets showing very few hits.
    Curmudgeon, just use the white side of some gift wrap. I got one target submitted for a little over 30"; just beat that.

Kenjuudo sent in a couple targets for the 15 yard match. (along with a bribe that was gladly accepted.)

Boolit Master
    I have all but the 25 and 50 yard scoped HE MAN match. I have some nice groups. The S&W 45 colt just seems to shine in this match. It has beat my K38 and Ruger SRH every time. Yesterday I put the scope back on the SRH and shot one group at 50. 3 hits on the paper. I shook the gun and the scope was rattling. I tightened it up with a quarter and resighted it. Ran out of boolits. You can bet I will enter every match. Wait till you see my regular gun group. ONE Long hole group with the S&W.

This is a BLAST!
    David

Boolit Buddy
    I got the He-Man Irons, and snubnose shot yesterday. Not as good as I've done from the bench before, but not too embarassing, LOL. At least I kept them all on a paper plate (Barely!).

Where do I send them to?

Quote Originally Posted by Edward429451
    I got the He-Man Irons, and snubnose shot yesterday. Not as good as I've done from the bench before, but not too embarassing, LOL. At least I kept them all on a paper plate (Barely!).

Where do I send them to?

The earth moves when you stand up Huh?

Sent you a PM with my address.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast