Load DataWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Another Piece of an era moves on. Clyde Pugh

Another Piece of an era moves on. Clyde Pugh

http://news.oldva.org/?p=26646

Most readers have no idea who Clyde Pugh was but in many ways, Clyde was the very best of Virginia. He certainly was the best of Old Virginia.

Clyde lived in Bridgewater and passed away yesterday from cancer. For over forty years he had fought health problems and overcome them.

As is typical of mountain people, he never let his health stop his love for the outdoors or his enjoyment of life. I remember a time after he had his heart attack , when he really couldn’t walk to his deer stand. Instead of missing a season, he propped a ladder against the cabin and shot a deer from the roof.

He was an extraordinary business man. When I first met him, he was in business with Frank Whitmore selling Real Estate. Frank, who is long since gone, and Clyde split up. Clyde started Old Dominion Reality which grew into one of the most prosperous companies in the area. Clyde never forgot his roots though.

He and his wife Eunice had two sons, Barry and Michael. Both have grown into successful men and Michael followed his father into the Business.

There are very few like Clyde left in this world and the loss of his knowledge, skill and spirit is a dark spot on our state.

Here’s to memories of Flagpole Knob, Elkhorn, Highland, big game hunts and sparkling trout streams.

On to greener fields and taller trees,

Godspeed my friend!

Moderator Emeritus

Rest in Peace Clyde.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range 257 Shooter's Avatar
    What an excellent memory of a friend. Clyde left a mark that is to be admired, emulated and looked for in others.
    In God WE Trust!
    NRA Life Member
    "I'll keep my guns, my money and my freedom, you can keep the change!"