MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MiHec's 9mm HP 125 gn Cramer style

been playing around

Attachment 24818

Attachment 24819
    see the thread under cast boolits , hollow point mod
    they shoot very nice !!
    Last edited by Digger; 01-23-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    whats that HP 9mm cost?

Miha just completed another group buy with this mold , slightly different design to include the penta hollow point.
    Very nice mold and boolit ....priced at $ 108.00 us , ... please correct me if I am wrong by any one else out there ..
    You can chase down that thread in the group buy /waiting /delivery forum , looks like it did very well.
    digger

Boolit Buddy
    Digger, $108 is the correct price.

Here is the link to the last GB: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=90488

340six, you could try sending Mihec a PM. His last post in the above thread, on 10/30, stated that there were a few extra molds available.

Boolit Master

I have Mihas new mold with the Penta pin, cast a buch with 50/50 ww and soft lead and the feed and shoot great from what my friend has said, I havent had time to shoot any yet.
    He shoot them through 5 milk jugs full of water and it stopped in the 5th 2 petal broke off one and the other stayed intact and opened perfect opening up to just over .460.
    He uses light loads so I wouldnt think these were going over 700-800 fps.

Boolit Buddy
    Winchester, VA, but I'm from the better Virginia...WEST Virginia

Re Re Re... Rerun of Miha 9mm 125gn HP mold

So I decided I would just take a stab at some boolits with this mold tonight. I had a Lyman 429 that used to stick terribly. One day at the end of a casting session I decided to pick up the Lyman 429. I didn't warm it up at all, and after several throws it was dropping shiny boolits with no sticking.

Because of that odd success I decided to try this Mihec without cleaning, my last Mihec I had some sticking on the pins after cleaning. I heated up the Lee with the mold on top and started casting. First batch were wrinkled, but didn't stick on the pins at all! I turned the pot up to 9 and kept casting. After another couple dozen or so they were coming out great! All of them jumping off the pins! I was ecstatic because with every other HP mold I own I haven't had a session without terribly sticky pins so I just made myself a nice little pile since things were going so smoothly.

I did get some finning on a few, I didn't add anymore tin from the last time I cast, maybe the higher temperatures?

While I was casting I also noticed something that I have never seen before, my melt was molten red. I was casting after dark under lights, but I notice in the shadow that the melt was red hot. I had about a half inch layer of ash on top of the melt, was it possible that my melt was super hot or is it normally molten red in the dark?

Just thought I would share my success without cleaning and high temps.

Another great one, thanks Mihec and Dannix!
    Last edited by Christorbust; 06-27-2012 at 02:32 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234