Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Sceery Latex Hheeellllppp!!

Sceery Latex Hheeellllppp!!

Does anybody know where I can get the 2" square latex pieces that Sceery uses for their mouthpieces on their elk calls? Scerry tells me that they'll send them up at three dollars a piece. In other words, about twenty dollars a day, just to practice, or, and I quote: "I can sit in the bush and cut up something called 'gold coin condoms' because they're the right thickness of latex". People on this board who know me know what my reply was to that. Glorious retailer tells me without the knowledge that my wife is a nurse, and there is every type of latex glove around this house, that medical latex gloves work. To the good Mr Bulls**tting retailer, which is as close as you can get to a supervisor, obviously wasn't aware of that before he tried to bulls**t me once again. He did kindly offer, however, to exchange it with once again, my express post rates etc etc down the toilet. Does anybody frickin' know where I can put my hands on these latex pieces without condoms...and the right thickness???????? RANT OFF....PS.Out of all this I guess its sceery himself I'm most peeved at. .0045" thick latex,as fragile as it is. You lay out 60 can $ to own this combo pack and he cant swing more than 2 2" square pieces...Is latex that expensive Sceery???????????
    Last edited by charger 1; 07-15-2006 at 06:31 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I knew that condoms could be used but not which ones. You might want to pose your question over at Preadator Masters, http://www.predatormastersforums.com/index.html

Bigscot

Boolit Master At Heavens Range 2007 cherok9878's Avatar
    Charger, there is a product that Dentist sometimes use, Dental Dam, I think. It is pretty thin. Ran into a guy at a gunshow that was making turkey calls using the stuff. Indicated he got it at drug store. Dont have any idea this is what your looking for, just thinking out loud........larry

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by charger 1
    Does anybody know where I can get the 2" square latex pieces that Sceery uses for their mouthpieces on their elk calls? Scerry tells me that they'll send them up at three dollars a piece. In other words, about twenty dollars a day, just to practice, or, and I quote: "I can sit in the bush and cut up something called 'gold coin condoms' because they're the right thickness of latex". People on this board who know me know what my reply was to that. Glorious retailer tells me without the knowledge that my wife is a nurse, and there is every type of latex glove around this house, that medical latex gloves work. To the good Mr Bulls**tting retailer, which is as close as you can get to a supervisor, obviously wasn't aware of that before he tried to bulls**t me once again. He did kindly offer, however, to exchange it with once again, my express post rates etc etc down the toilet. Does anybody frickin' know where I can put my hands on these latex pieces without condoms...and the right thickness???????? RANT OFF....PS.Out of all this I guess its sceery himself I'm most peeved at. .0045" thick latex,as fragile as it is. You lay out 60 can $ to own this combo pack and he cant swing more than 2 2" square pieces...Is latex that expensive Sceery???????????
    You might try some nitrile gloves. Cheap, and available from Harbor frieght, and probably Wally World. I keep some around for working with stains and finishes.

Boolit Buddy
    well hell.......go to lovers lane and you can get all the once used rubbers you'll ever need.....that ought to be cheap enough and figure it's like scarfing brass at the range. HAR! damn when I was many years younger and sowing wild oats, the favorite place had a tree whose limbs were covered in rubbers. hanging like christmas tree ornanments! I had this hot little filly there one night and as we pulled in she said....what is all over that tree? i said......oh, I'll show you when we get ready to leave.....we added a couple ornaments to the tree with a giggle. Which causes me to recall..30+ years ago, rubbers came in a small round box....3 for a 50 cents at any country store or gas station...and they didn't come from a machine on the bathroom wall....you just asked for some 'rubbers'. The little bastard pumping gas would always look at your date and grin. hehehehe.....where has the time gone?
    I'm shufflin' thru the Texas sand..... but my head's in Mississippi

Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Quote Originally Posted by Jumptrap
    well hell.......go to lovers lane and you can get all the once used rubbers you'll ever need.....that ought to be cheap enough and figure it's like scarfing brass at the range. HAR! damn when I was many years younger and sowing wild oats, the favorite place had a tree whose limbs were covered in rubbers. hanging like christmas tree ornanments! I had this hot little filly there one night and as we pulled in she said....what is all over that tree? i said......oh, I'll show you when we get ready to leave.....we added a couple ornaments to the tree with a giggle. Which causes me to recall..30+ years ago, rubbers came in a small round box....3 for a 50 cents at any country store or gas station...and they didn't come from a machine on the bathroom wall....you just asked for some 'rubbers'. The little bastard pumping gas would always look at your date and grin. hehehehe.....where has the time gone?
    Interesting,and packed full of information..Thankyou

Banned

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by charger 1
    Interesting,and packed full of information..Thankyou
    Just like you.
    I'm shufflin' thru the Texas sand..... but my head's in Mississippi

Thankyou men. Thankyou too Jumptrap
    Last edited by charger 1; 07-16-2006 at 04:54 AM.

Boolit Master
    Might check one of those exercise bands in the exercise section of Wally World. A whole long roll of latex. Maybe a little thick, I couldn't really say.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Boolit Buddy

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jumptrap

Thank you for sharing that.
    Paul B.
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS AN OXYMORON PROMULGATED BY MORONS.

Boolit Master

Latex

You might try a Magic store. I had this trick once that used latex squares stretched ove a coin so thin that you couldn't see the latex. They were 3" X 3" squares ar thereabouts.

You could buy liquid latex and pour you own? Model makers use it to make moulds for casting.I have seen it in pint jars in the 10 buck range at hobby shops.Heck you could even make your own custom fit condoms
    If shooting,fixing,making and thunking were easy.Everyone would be doing it.

There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental,
    justifiable, and praiseworthy.
    - Ambrose Bierce

Jim

I don't know what thickness you need, but McMaster-Carr carries natural latex rubber film. The 0.004" thickness stock is 6" wide and is $1.79 per linear yard. They go from 0.004" to 0.014" in 0.002" increments. They have it up to 0.050" thick too. Their address is www.mcmaster.com