Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forster Tap 'O Cap

Boolit Grand Master

I bought one years ago but unfortunately BP was scarce where I was located at the time and so were quality caps. I did make a bunch though and now I just use them to dry fire before shooting to save money on real caps. I have been thinking of trying it again though now that I have the real stuff.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Master

what about a mixture of strike anywere matches and 4f black powder
    Last edited by wgr; 01-09-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by wgr View Post
    what about a mixture of strike anywere matches and 4f black powder
    Tried that: hangfires.
    Had pretty good results with the white tipped strike anywhere matches.
    Just cut the white tips off and put 'em in the cups with a small spot of super glue.
    The little pellets out of the red plastic cap wheels work very well except for gawdawful fouling.
    (O)(o)
    ---0000-(. .)-0000---

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenChef View Post
    The shortage of caps is what driving me tword rock locks While I still have a couple rolls of RWS caps I just don't like running low... Flint and such is still scroungeable
    I've always loved rock scratchers. They take a bit of skill and sometimes downright alchemy to fit and get exactly right but when the stars come together they are a thing of beauty and far faster than most people think.
    "Investment" is the new "Throw money at it!"

Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents!
    Oh my!

Boolit Bub
    I use one for my C&B revolvers. It sure saves money for me, and they set off Pyrodex P fine so far. I've never tried it for a rifle though. The paper caps can be hard to find. I figure that if civilization collapses, at least I'll be able to feed some of my guns with an adequate supply of lead, powder, and paper caps.

Boolit Master

Well all of this talk of the tap o cap seems to be for not. I has been discontinued by Forester Products Inc. I was going to buy one just to make the cup, there are lots of things that can be ordered to make it go "bang." I guess it is up to Pat now to get his into production.

Best wishes,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Buddy

It's easier to buy percussion caps than it is to buy the rolls of paper caps.

If one is preparing for the day that percussion caps are outlawed due to future legislation by the CommieCrats, then best go with flintlock firearms. Also, don't just passively wait for that day to happen, get politically active.
    Last edited by Sixgun Symphony; 02-20-2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Boerrancher View Post
    Well all of this talk of the tap o cap seems to be for not. I has been discontinued by Forester Products Inc. I was going to buy one just to make the cup, there are lots of things that can be ordered to make it go "bang." I guess it is up to Pat now to get his into production.

Best wishes,

Joe
    This may be an old thread, but the dream of obtaining a Tap-o-Cap still shines bright. I contacted Forster last week about it and here is there response- good news!

" Oct 24 at 6:09 AM
    We do have plans to re-introduce the Tap-O-Cap tool at some point. We had hopes of having the tool available by now, but due to the extreme volume of orders and backorders we have worked with over the past couple of years, time has not allowed us to begin production of the Tap-O-Cap again.

Users of the tool were having problems finding good firing toy caps and it was causing us a lot of issues. We just decided it best to discontinue the tool in hopes of finding caps that would work well with it again. We have found that there are good caps out there again and will be bringing the tool back as soon as we can.

Thanks for your interest. I’ll add your contact information to the growing list of those that have contacted us with interest in the Tap-O-Cap tool. You will be notified when we have it back in stock."

OldFrenchy

That's good news for all except the guys getting $100 for them on Ebay!

-Nobade

I hope Forster starts making them again..... but I would be VERY surprised if they offered them at the old price of $35.
    "Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto."

- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Man
    I also asked Forster about tap-o-cap couple months ago and received about the same answer. So please guys if you have interest in this tool send emails to Forster, let's push them to make it asap. I'm sure they will do it when see enough buyers.

If you guys are interested, contact me. I started making a #10 and #11, as well as a musket cap maker. See info below.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    -Thomas Jefferson
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Are you guys still having trouble getting caps?...I went down to outdoor world and bought a 1000 each of #10 and #11 and when I went back next day the shelf was full again...this is Fort lauderdale

Banned

It has nothing to do with getting them for me it is one more thing i can do for myself.

Andy

Boolit Man
    Independence is most important for me.