RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: redding t-7 a good press?

Boolit Mold
    thanks for all the great input guys. it seems to be that overall people like the t-7 and like anything there are a few lemons out there.

Boolit Master

Outback Queensland, North of the Tropic of Capricorn
    Duck, I have had one for about 12-18 months and for loading BPCR, it is great. You can compress the powder, put a boolit in place and then seat and crimp without removing the case from the press. When I size, I can immeadiately expand the case neck, halving the number of times you have to handle the case. It makes loading much easier, reducing the number of times you have to remove the case from the press and then replace it.

I have modified the spent primer tube. I put a cable tie around where the tube is secured to the ram and then I cut the tube off at about 6 inches long. I then hung an old pill container on the end of the tube with some wire. It is more compact and easier to empty.

Redding may have made some lemmons, but mine ain't one of them.
    WHEN IN DOUBT, USE MORE CLOUT!

Boolit Buddy
    Duck45LC - I was just about to post the same exact question. Thank goodness for this site and all of the forum catagories. I just saw that Midway has posted them on sale for a bit under the Midsouth regular selling price. I really have no need for a new/ another press, but I very much like the idea of having multiple dies sets all set up and ready to go. I never thought much about "needing" a press, such as the T-7, but then I read the article about them in Handloader magazine (maybe a year ago) and that started the thought process/ urge to buy one. Thanks for asking the question and to all that responded - Bill L

Boolit Bub
    The T-7 is not as springy as a Lyman or RCBS turret. Actualy there is no noticeable tilt back. It does reload great rifle ammo.

Boolit Master
    I used one for years and had no complaint. Redding's customer service is as good as RCBS's in my opinion. Only contact has been about seating stems not matching a particular bullet and they sent me the proper ones free.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

Boolit Mold

Thumbs up

I just picked up one today. I have not mounted it yet but just in playing around with it a bit it seems very tight and well made. I'm not into precision benchrest shooting so I'm sure it will be fine.

I needed a single stage type press to do some of the things you can't do on a progressive such as the GRX die. I think that some of the rifle cartridges are also tough on a progressive this will prep the cases much easier and give my LnL a break.

This press will give me the ability to do those things and still be able have additional die mounted and ready to go when needed.....I think I'm going to like it.

Mike

Boolit Master

Outback Queensland, North of the Tropic of Capricorn
    I am off to load some .44mags to test some different loads. When you are doing 10 of this and ten of that, turret presses are fantastic. When I settle on a load, I might gear up the Dillon and make 500 or so.
    WHEN IN DOUBT, USE MORE CLOUT!

Boolit Buddy
    I'm sure you'll like the Redding press. And their customer service is great. Redding, Lyman, Hornady, Dillon. In my experience all the major manufacturers make very nice products and have excellent customer service.

Boolit Master
    "The T-7 is not as springy as a Lyman or RCBS turret. Actualy there is no noticeable tilt back. It does reload great rifle ammo. "

Properly put a dial indicator on it during FL sizing, you'll notice the spring then. But, if it doesn't bother you, it doesn't mean a thing.

My RC 2 press springs/deflects about 3 thou when sizing 30-06 while my cheep little Lee "Reloader" press doesn't deflect enough to measure! But I sure can't notice any of that with my old Mk-1 Eye-Balls.