Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: JES Reboring

Boolit Bub

JES Reboring

Deleted
    Last edited by fstreed; 04-03-2010 at 11:25 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Boolit Grand Master
    JES is good, I have nothing but good things to say about Jesse. I've seen 4 rifles that he has done, each one of them are " tack - drivers ."

Boolit Master
    I am sooo glad I saw this, thanks for posting it. Looked at his website, really got my mind spinning. A .35 Russian?! I gotta talk to this guy.

Boolit Master

Anyone have contact info for JES Reboring. Ive got an 03 spingfield I'd like to convert to 35 Whelen. Thanks
    Last edited by square butte; 10-29-2012 at 07:40 AM.

I just received my Marlin 336W back from JES, rebored to .375 Winchester. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, since I'm still rounding up brass, etc.

The workmanship is excellent and the turnaround time was less than a week.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Yes, There was a 35 Russian and the first V V powder phamphlet has the loads for it, also for the other Russian wildcats for the Mosin. Bvt
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Whats a typical ballpark figure for having a rebore and chamber job done on a barrel ?

Boolit Buddy
    Talked to Jesse last week about doing a 94 to 38-55 from 30-30 he quoted $225 and that included the return shipping. Tom

Thanks for the information .

Boolit Master

+1 for JES Reboring. Been reading about him here, seems a few guys including one of my favorite mold makers had him do a rebore and everyone has been very happy with his work.

I have a question, have done the research on it but what is your opinion?

I have an older (early 90's) Model 94 30-30 I picked up for a song and a dance. I'd like to have it rebored to 38-55 but there's the brass issue (expensive). He has another caliber listed; 35/30-30 which appears to be a blown out 30-30 case to accept 35 cals and it almost matches 35 Remington ballistics. Whaddya think?

Also on the .358 and .375 Winchester reboring wouldn't that take a Winnie big bore action to do that to? Didn't they beef up the action for that one a bit? Not sure on that.

Still can't figure out why the .307 Winchester didn't go over bigger than it did.................

Thanks,

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    38-55 cases are not very expensive and all over. Or get somebody here to reform 30-30 in their RCBS dies for you. Or fire form them yourself. BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT