Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Why I don't like inlines - GRAPHIC!

I just love my new Savage 10ML-II. The workmanship is amazing.

well, basicly, you HAVE to be SMARTER than the equipment you opperate! if you are not, these kinds of things will happen to you. it really doesn't matter if it was an inline ml or not. ANYTHING to do with guns, it is better to err on the side of safety!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by XWrench3 View Post
    well, basicly, you HAVE to be SMARTER than the equipment you opperate! if you are not, these kinds of things will happen to you. it really doesn't matter if it was an inline ml or not. ANYTHING to do with guns, it is better to err on the side of safety!
    I think that says it all. I shoot and hunt with traditional caplocks and patched balls, and I shoot and hunt with a T/C Omega with Powerbelts. I wouldn't give up either. Smokeless inlines? Not for me, but to each his own. If you don't know what you're doing, it's just as easy to blow the barrel off of a centerfire bolt rifle.
    "Feel the heart of the hunter - feel the thrill that will cleanse the soul."

Smokeless inlines are safer than any other type of muzzleloader. If you don't know what your doing you shouldn't be shooting firearms.

Waksupi, I'll submit this incident has nothing to do with why you hate inlines. Eh?
    "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." Understand?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underclocked View Post
    Waksupi, I'll submit this incident has nothing to do with why you hate inlines. Eh?
    I don't know if I would go so far as to say I hate them. Aesthetics aside, the problem I see with them, people who know nothing about muzzle loaders, or reloading, buy these with no instruction or common sense. The same person who is afraid to handload cartridges, will buy one of these, and merrily pour powder down the barrel. It seems peculiar over the years, I see more pictures of blown up inlines, than traditional type black powder arms. I have shot at national and international level for thirty years, and ML's for nearly 40 years. I have personally only seen one gun blown up in that time. And that was from pure carelessness, the same that causes inline disasters. Black powder is more forgiving.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Black powder is more forgiving.
    99.9% of all inlines shoot blackpowder.

Boolit Buddy

Hmm ? Comment on "Flintlocks"? that Gent may wish to go watch the videos posted on the reliablity of them, "inlines safer" ? Now how does he conclude that?

Inlines are safer because they are less complex. In fact they are about as simple as it gets. Most of them will withstand more than 135,000 psi.

Boolit Buddy

Well I never thought any of my Caplocks were to complex .
    " I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it. " Matthew Quigley

Boolit Master
    If you load any rifle incorrectly it'll blow. I can't see where it being an in-line has much to do with it.
    Qajaq59

One slow hit is better then 500 quick misses. "It ain't the noise that kills 'em!!!!"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345