Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: 6 cav. RB/000 bucksot mold

Boolit Master

6 cav. RB/000 bucksot mold

Is there a six or more cavity mold available to cast RB/buscshot in 30, 33, 35, 38, 40 cal. ie for 0, 00, 000 and 0000 buckshot? Not all is the same mold but a six cavity for each size? Thanks all, 10 ga
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

Boolit Man
    000 is .360, and 0 is .320 (.30 is #1), but yes, go on ebay and the seller is skiesunlimited, just search for "buckshot mold". He doesn't have a ton up right now, but keep watching, or send him a message. He does all of the above sizes. Well, not .40, but he does .38 for 0000. They are 20 cavity molds that cast a LOT of buckshot in no time (but take a little practice). $35 a mold, $5 shipping for up to 3 molds.

The molds don't have a sprue cutter built in, you cut them off manually with a pair of flush cutters (I think if you buy 3 he sends you one, or you can buy it for $5 from him, same price as they are at walmart).

I love them and own 4, and looking to buy one more to round out my collection (I've got #4, #1, 00, and 000, looking to get a #2).

Other than that, I'm not sure why lee doesn't put their round balls into 6 cavity molds for people who want buckshot (obviously muzzle loaders aren't going to need that kind of volume )

Boolit Master
    Skiesunlimited is a member here. You could send him a pm. He is on page 18 of the S member list.

anachronism
    he also sells on Gunbroker. Avoid Ebay!

Boolit Man
    Ah, yes, forgot he sells on gunbroker too. Mentioned ebay because he had been posting most of his molds on there.

I messaged him through ebay and then conversed through direct emails. He nicely offered a better deal directly (saving on Ebay fees).

I had asked about blemished molds and added that I heard about him from others on the forum.