RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: the fever has hit me (pixs)

the fever has hit me (pixs)

is any one started counting down the days till deer season we have 79 more days till bow season and look what keeps poping up in the back yard

My idea of gun control is a firm grip

Funny how much better they look in tall grass, mine are ugly as hell standing in my tilled garden.

jim

Quote Originally Posted by kenjuudo
    Funny how much better they look in tall grass, mine are ugly as hell standing in my tilled garden.

jim
    are you making fun of my tall grass
    My idea of gun control is a firm grip

Quote Originally Posted by kenjuudo

jim
    What gerden? You have a garden?!? Dern deer keep eating every shrub, bush or plant my wife puts out!

There oughtta be a bounty on 'em around here!

Dennis

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucks Owin
    What gerden? You have a garden?!? Dern deer keep eating every shrub, bush or plant my wife puts out!

There oughtta be a bounty on 'em around here!

Dennis
    If the deer are truly bothering you, they are simple to snare and no one needs to know but you.

I remember one night just East of Susanville, CA. I had to slowdown to 15 MPH for about 50 miles, at that time in my life that was the most deer I had ever laid eyes on in a few hours.

good luck

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    If you want to keep the deer out of the garden, and away from your shrubs. Get some Irish Spring soap. A few bars hung on a fruit tree will protect them. Don't need to unwrap the bars, just stick some wire through them, and hang from a branch. You can also scatter them through the garden. Hang them on a stick a couple feet from the ground.

Banned
    Ric,

That doesn't work, at least not on all deer. I worked part time in a hardware store in a small town up in Ohio that had a terrible deer problem right in town. Folks use to come in all the time asking what would keep deer away. Everything was tried like the soap, human hair, etc. The one thing I heard, but didn't know anyone trying, was tiger poop!!! It was told to me that since the tiger is one of the greatest predators, that all animals recognize the scent of it's poop...as a great predator. I did talk to a person that worked at a zoo and said they give away every bit of tiger poop they have.

Now as an aside I read a university study about whitetail deer. In a test they had an area where deer would come. The wanted to see what animals deer don't mind and which ones they do. Well this area the deer frequented, they laced with cow manure, horese poop, sheep poop. Nothing, the deer paid no attention to it. Next they tried coyote, wolf, and dog poop. Viola!!! no deer, the deer would not come back. So maybe there is something to predator poop. Then again, maybe I don't know Jack Shyt.

Joe

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Maybe one of the cosmetic labs can come up with the smell of a tiger, lion, or whatever predator, and market each scent seperately. The chemicals used would necessairly have to be commensurate with the carrier used, and that can pose a real downer for the guys making the "smell" accurate enough to work. ... felix
    felix

Banned
    Felix,

Sound easier, and cheaper, to go run to the Bum Factory and get the real thing.

Joe

Boolit Buddy
    HAR!

Lastnight, at 12:30 a.m., I went on Safari.

Equipped with me Magnum (.22 that is) and 3 cell light, I decided that enough is enough. I will not elaborate....but I came home with an empty magazine and I didn't miss. The buzzards are at work and the canine critters will enjoy goat for a few days.
    I'm shufflin' thru the Texas sand..... but my head's in Mississippi

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Joe, I ain't got no tiger poop handy. And I recall the deer weren't all that impressed around here, with dog poop, either. They would still come around. The Irish Spring works for me. Or, maybe it was our agreement, if they left my stuff alone, I wouldn't eat them!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi
    Or, maybe it was our agreement, if they left my stuff alone, I wouldn't eat them!
    What!?! Did you give up venison?!?

You must have a heck of a lot of Elk in your freezer!!
    Regards,

WE

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Trespass, thats a capital offence isn't it? At least for deer I think it is,
    Mick.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."