Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9.3x72R

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamar View Post
    here i am bringing an old thread back to life. recently picked up one of these rifles and wondering what dies are people using for resizing brass and where are you finding brass? I am located in Canada.
    HAHA! This thread was exactly what I have been looking for ! I am currently using a set of 9.3X57 dies for sizing and seating my 9.3X72R, but they are not ideal as the brass on the 72R is much thinner than the 57, so I do not have much neck tension. A friend suggested I try a bit of crimp, soo will try that this afternoon.
    David
    scopes and bags are cool, but palm rests 'n' irons RULE!

Boolit Buddy
    I recently purchased a German drilling, 16x16x 8.7x72. Brass and dies arrived today. I had already made a chamber cast and slugged the barrel.
    Groove diam is .355, regular 9.3x72R brass chambers but NOT with a 9.3 bullet. Chambers properly with .358 bullet, but my short 200 gr. bullets barely sit in the neck when engaging the rifling. End of chamber shows a very tapered lead from .385 down to just above bore diam at .357. Dies I received were made for .358 bullets as well so I am in good shape. Need a much longer bullet than the 200 gr. Cast I have here.

RichardB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123