RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Lee TL356-124-2R in Glock 19?

Boolit Bub

Lee TL356-124-2R in Glock 19?

Okay, I have decided to cast bullets for my 9mm pistols first and will go after the other calibers later. I have decided to go with the Lee TL356-124-2R mould first because I dont yet have a sizer/lubricator. I am sure I will be buying one sooner or later.

Does anyone have any experience with this bullet (unsized) in the Glock 19 with factory or aftermarket barrel? I know Glock says not to shoot lead bullets in the factory barrel, but I might try it and clean often to see how it works before buying an after market barrel.

I will also be shooting these bullets in a Kahr PM9 and a Sig P239, so if you have any experience with this bullet in those guns please chime in.

Oh, I should also add that I will likely be shooting straight WW or maybe a 75/25 WW and lead mix.

Not that exact bullet but the TL TC in the same weight. My Glock 19, both factory and aftermarket will only chamber a .356 bullet. I have tried and tried to get a .357 bullet in there and it ain't happening. Slow powders are working for me.
    "And finally, the Baby Bear looked and he said, "Somebody's sleeping in my bed, and the bastard's still there!" But Goldylocks had a Remington semi-automatic, with a scope and a hair-trigger!"

I load that boolit in my CZ 75B over 3.5 grains Bullseye and it functions perfectly and is a good inexpensive plinking round. My two-banger drops them at .3565 and I shoot them un-sized. Since you state you're aware of the controversy with Glocks, I assume you've read the very helpful sticky on this forum. If not, its a good balanced discussion on the subject.

The Truth about Glocks and Cast:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=33855
    Last edited by awaveritt; 02-05-2010 at 06:00 PM.