Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: **LBT LFN Rifle Bullet Group Buy**

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Bodine View Post
    Not a problem. Now if I had the order in, that might be a problem..
    That was pretty much my take on it as well.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Jeff , I think I'll get on board with this one , order is in your PM box . I forgot , I'll need a nose punch with that as well so please include that with the price you send me .

Thanks , Jack

Could I send a chamber slug from my M14 and have Veral pick the boolit (weight, size etc.) he thinks best fits my gun within the constraints of this GB? This with me understanding that what I get is mine like it or not. I trust Veral more than myself when picking a boolit. I want the heaviest boolit that can be made to fit my chamber and the LFN design.
    Jay
    EDIT: I am slow, I know this. After reading first post over many times I still dont know about the weight. You dont list that as criteria for ones order. I see there is 2 different weights for a .310 LFN listed on Verals site.I understand the process for a "custom" order but am confused on this one. Is weight an option? If so I can slug my gun and measure the bearing length minus the ogive length and match that to a "stock LFN" .310 boolit listed. Do I make sense what I am asking?
    Last edited by mroliver77; 03-01-2010 at 03:20 PM.
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mroliver77 View Post
    Could I send a chamber slug from my M14 and have Veral pick the boolit (weight, size etc.) he thinks best fits my gun within the constraints of this GB? This with me understanding that what I get is mine like it or not. I trust Veral more than myself when picking a boolit. I want the heaviest boolit that can be made to fit my chamber and the LFN design.
    Jay
    EDIT: I am slow, I know this. After reading first post over many times I still dont know about the weight. You dont list that as criteria for ones order. I see there is 2 different weights for a .310 LFN listed on Verals site.I understand the process for a "custom" order but am confused on this one. Is weight an option? If so I can slug my gun and measure the bearing length minus the ogive length and match that to a "stock LFN" .310 boolit listed. Do I make sense what I am asking?
    The only limitation is this has to be an LFN design and no small calibers. That would fit your criteria very well. You can either do the measurements yourself like you said, or you can have Veral do them for you and make the boolit fill the chamber/throat.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mroliver77 View Post
    Could I send a chamber slug from my M14 and have Veral pick the boolit (weight, size etc.) he thinks best fits my gun within the constraints of this GB?
    I think your question has been asked and answered earlier in this thread:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...0&postcount=17

Boolit Master
    Jeff, I have a question about the flat nose...

The only restriction is the nose design which will be a flat point LFN style bullet. (Sorry guys no 22's)[/B]
    I think I understand correctly that Veral's cataloged LFN/FN bullets have a nose cut to bullet diameter-0.130". This results in a range of meplat sizes such as shown in this chart:

My question is whether Veral will allow this dimension to be a variable with the understanding that we are not trying to bend the rules to get ourselves a spitzer. For example I'm considering a 375 caliber rifle bullet for use at low velocity. Veral's standard formula (0.375"-0.130") results in a 65% nose. Substituting 0.110" would result in a larger 71% meplat.

I have Veral's book and this would be in an effort to achieve maximum performance on game using his DV theory, etc.

Boolit Master
    Jeff,

An email is on the way to you.

Best regards,

CJR

Boolit Buddy
    Jeff - email on the way, ordering two molds.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Idaho

PM sent

Moderator Emeritus

I will ask him for you.

QUOTE=Ed K;827959]Jeff, I have a question about the flat nose...

I think I understand correctly that Veral's cataloged LFN/FN bullets have a nose cut to bullet diameter-0.130". This results in a range of meplat sizes such as shown in this chart:

My question is whether Veral will allow this dimension to be a variable with the understanding that we are not trying to bend the rules to get ourselves a spitzer. For example I'm considering a 375 caliber rifle bullet for use at low velocity. Veral's standard formula (0.375"-0.130") results in a 65% nose. Substituting 0.110" would result in a larger 71% meplat.

I have Veral's book and this would be in an effort to achieve maximum performance on game using his DV theory, etc.[/QUOTE]
    If you do not stand for something, you stand for nothing.

You can't spell "restore" with h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y.

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorfan View Post
    The only limitation is this has to be an LFN design and no small calibers. That would fit your criteria very well. You can either do the measurements yourself like you said, or you can have Veral do them for you and make the boolit fill the chamber/throat.
    I don't have one boolit in my complete line of mold offerings. All are for bullets. Sure send your chamber slug, and your phone number, and I'll call and iron things out so neither of us get dissapointed by my choice.
    Jay
    That's the best way to be sure the bullet, not boolit, will chamber. You can have any weight that will chamber or that you ask for. If you give me the bearing length that will fit, I'll set the mold lathe up for that and go. Will call and talk it over if you like. Veral

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.

Moderator Emeritus

I will ask him for you.

QUOTE=Ed K;827959]Jeff, I have a question about the flat nose...

I have Veral's book and this would be in an effort to achieve maximum performance on game using his DV theory, etc.
    [/QUOTE]

No, the pattern is fixed in form. Go with the WLN if you want more whack. It's the same meplat as the WFN, which is .090 smaller than body diameter.

DV is not a theory, but a formula for calculating wound diameter size, all based on fact, though the numbers are just calculating numbers.

Moderator Emeritus

Just a reminder that this group buy will close on March 31st at midnight. I will need you commitment to participate by then if you want a mold.

Jeff

Boolit Mold
    Jeff,

I'd like to place an order for a few molds. PM is on its way shortly!

Thanks in advance.

IceKing02

4-cavity mould

I am in for a 4-cavity mould,from the Master of mould makers.My 96/11 needs a better bullet mould.

Boolit Master
    Bodine,

PM sent your way.

As I indicated, very short on info but would like a LBT mold!

Not sure I can get enough info - QUICK ENOUGH - to join this Group Buy.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Moderator Emeritus

As long as I have your commitment you will be fine.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty Deary Ol'Coot View Post
    Bodine,

PM sent your way.

As I indicated, very short on info but would like a LBT mold!

Not sure I can get enough info - QUICK ENOUGH - to join this Group Buy.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Master
    Bodine,

A second PM headed your way.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Jeff

PM sent with question.

Blacksmith

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Jeff

Order sent via email payment sent via PayPal.

Blacksmith

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast