Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: PP research

Boolit Master

PP research

I am just getting done reading the NRA article in CASTPIC concerning casting bullets and PP. In the article it takes a lot of information from previous articles in the NRA mag. Does anyone know where I could lookup past articles in the NRA Mag.? After I post this I am going to the NRA website and see if they have anything on there site. Kevin

The work the NRA did is useful to know about, but we have learned a lot since then. There is more useful information here on this site than the whole of the NRA's work. But other than what you have found, the big NRA book that has a compilation of articles is the only place I have seen it written down. Those books are out there, but the price they bring makes them not very attractive since there is no new information there compared to what you can get here.

-Nobade

Boolit Master
    I second what Nobade is telling you. The NRA technique is a good place to start, but there is more recent information here on the site that will get you better performance faster.

Read pdawg_shooter's tutorial in the stickies, give it a try and then post specific issues that you are having. The folks here are great at getting you up to speed and successfully paper patching. I have found that the NRA information worked in their rifles with their supplies and techniques. Each rifle is a law unto itself though, so at some point early in the game you need to jump off into the unknown and just do it. Keep good notes, listen to good advice and you will be successful. Your rifle will tell you what it needs if you listen.