WidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Load Data Lee Precision

View Poll Results: How many molds do you own?

Voters
1295. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-10

521 40.23%
  • 11-20

314 24.25%
  • 21-30

156 12.05%
  • 30+

304 23.47%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How many molds

I have 57.

Boolit Buddy
    More than I thought!
    37 total:
    2-22 cal;
    5-30 cal;
    10-32-20/32 mag;
    9-38/357;
    7 round ball/black powder;
    2-43 Spanish;
    2-45-70

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    You need at least one for each bore diameter, more if handgun, muzzle loader and/or rifle share a bore diameter.

If you had asked me at the range, I'd have guessed 25-30. I just counted them here in the shop: 48 . And I'm sure I "need" quite a few more. They range from .22 to .45 and include most common diameters. Some for handgun, some for rifle, some for ML. Some are multi-purpose.

I wish Hornady would grind up a new set of dies and produce some of the gas check diameters they've dropped over the last several years. I'd like to grab another 2-3K of the ones I'm short on --- I stopped writing mid-sentence and checked their web site -- Surprise! They're making most everything again! .22, .243, .25, 6.5, .270. 7mm/.284, .30, 8mm/.32, .338, .348, .35, .375, .416, .44, .45, .475 and .50! That covers all my needs and is a welcome sight. I guess the problem is that I tried to determine availability by checking Midway and Midsouth web sites. Neither carries all the available diameters. I guess I'll have to order directly (Ouch! $$).

Regards,

Stew
    Last edited by AZ-Stew; 01-28-2010 at 01:53 AM.
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

Molds

I have several .45 cal. rifle molds but lately I get a singe mold for each specific rifles characteristics.
    -Remember-
    Anything is possible if you don’t know what your talking about.

Boolit Master

I lost track many months ago. I know I have at least 8 Lee 6 bangers. I just got a MIHEC .44 6 banger that is a jewel of a mold. I bought 3 molds for my 50-90. I have two for my .223, three for my 6.5 x 55 Sweede, two for my 327 Federal Magnum, two for my .30 Carbine Ruger BH, 4 for my 9 MM's, one for my .380, a dozen or more in .38/357 and about 6 or so for my .45 acp and a handful for my 45 Colt. Then I have a few for my '29 Winch 94 in 30-30 and some more for my M-1 Garand and a Lee GB in .323. About 60 molds at last count.

It is a disease.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

So I have noticed a certain trend. Once you get about 20 or so molds everything goes nuts and all of a sudden there are 50. So I have realized that I do 'need' a few more. A collar button 458, a stackable 44, and round ball mold for each one of my calibers. God this is an addiction.

Adam

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sometimes View Post
    All you guys like this need to get the duplicates out to the Swap & Sell and allow us less fortunate folks to beat ourselves silly getting to the bargains and help ourselves improve our condition (Conservative POV), or I could've said give them to those of us less fortunate to "spread the wealth around" so we can be like you (Liberal POV). Pick your poison!
    Actually , I have tried to clean things up around here and some of the molds went at giveaway prices and some I have just given away . I have been working with one particular style recently , I have four molds from three different makers and they may get sold too . Maybe it's best to just say , I don't have a clue how many I have .

I would like to point out that bullet molds are a little like shoes , you don't wear workboots with a tux and oxfords don't go well in the duckblind but....... they both cover your feet . Some of us may be lucky enough to have and another may be like Emelda Marcos . Conservative ? liberal ? I'm clueless there too but I do know which end of the tube the round comes out

Show your significant other how much you love them today ...... give them a bullet mold

Jack

Heres a question I've often wondered about. do you store your molds with the handles on or off? I've got 11 molds so far to date and all have handles attached to them, This takes up a lot of room in storage but never liked removing them. Plus the cost factor involved in buying handles for each mold.
    NRA Life Member

Moderator Emeritus

Rockchucker, I have around 50 Non-Lee 2 cavitys and only around 12 handles. They get swapped as needed.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    More than a few, but never enough.

Boolit Master
    I have sold in the past 3 weeks 12 molds on this forum. I still have 28 but that includes a number of Lee molds which I'm not sure they count because they are so inexpensive. I do like my Lee molds, as well as my Lyman and RCBS molds. I have never met a mold that I did not like! I'v had a few That I could not get to perform in a particular firearm though.

Boolit Master
    MLV: I know about the age thing and the total number I had until recently was 40. Of course I'm not in the bussiness that you are. I like your articals but I just can't get into the full auto thing. I pray for more stuff on BPRC. I don't shoot BPRC but we have a local SASS club and our long range shoot has a 535yd buffalo, plus verious other shorter distances. I think most of us shoot smokless.
    Last edited by 45-70 Chevroner; 01-30-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Boolit Master
    Sorry about that but I pushed the key twice.

Boolit Master

Really had to go and count them. Rifle, pistol, and ML totals 96 plus 3 on order from NOE and a couple of GB's that have'nt bloomed yet.
    Think it's time to sell some!

Larry

Moderator Emeritus
    Seem to remember it was 60 odd last time I bothered to count them and I knew that wasn't all of them just what I could find and I 've bought a wheen or so since that.

Just stocking up for when I retire in a couple of months and I can sit down and get better acquainted with them all, I'll be cash poor but time rich.

Been stocking up on stuff over the past few years for this time a coming.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    The H&G molds have their own handle for each block . All others get stored without a handle .

Jack

Four, at this counting. But that's only for BP. I haven't started casting for cartridge yet!
    Ask me next month......

I'm not sure, somewhere between 11 and 20. I'm pretty new at casting, I just started last summer, so I'm sure I will acquire more and more of them. At least they are cheaper than new guns (for the most part).
    "The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Landric

Honcho for NOE .38-200 Mk. I British Round Nose Group Buy

Boolit Master
    Need a couple for the .243 and perhaps another .30 cal. and one more for the .45/70. Then I think I'll be pretty well set.

Lucky Joe
    "There's always a way."

Boolit Master

As the needs change, seems like so do the number of moulds. I don't think any of will ever be happy. Probably at least 30 right now on hand, but I think I have a couple on the way too.

Doug

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast