Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Postal Match Rules

Boolit Master
    Yea I am sure he meant any gun you can shoot with one hand. Guess that will leave out the S&W X frame huh.
    Since I have substantial influence and persuasion with the official scoring judge all target enhancement donations should be directed to BS Sr. not Jr.
    BIC/BS

OK, I did mean Handgun, and I meant any kind of handgun, auto, single shot, revolver, etc.

I changed the 50 yard bench class to revolver.

There is no target enhancement service.
    Last edited by Bullshop Junior; 02-18-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds great!

Can't wait to get time to go to the range.

Thanks for the effort to put this together!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

I added a 50 yard single shot handgun class.

I have only got Targets from one member so far. We need more targets. We can't the one member come in second place in a 1 man match!
    Last edited by Bullshop Junior; 03-14-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Boolit Master

Ends May 15th right???

Hey I'm on the paper at 10yds now with my revolver JR, hang in there with me I'll get you a target yet...............

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Be patient,we had the very first decent weather week since november,the snow has just began to thaw.

I'm trying to talk my grand daughter into shooting this match and the milsurp, I supply the guns and ammo. She's 17 and has won the local turkey shoot 5 of the last 5 years. You guys don't mind gettin' beat by a girl do you? My right eye has gotten so bad I may have to learn how to shoot left handed, but I'll get in the pistol events as soon as the spring winds lay here in north AR.

Boolit Master
    News anchor was talking to the local weather guy yesterday on the evening news discussing the DAILY forecast. The anchor asked the weather guy when the wind would stop blowing. Without missing a beat the weather guys says, "oh, June or July..., " and keeps right on talking daily forecast.

Sooooo, when the wind stops blowing...

I canceled high power last Saturday due to wind. We shot a few prone targets for practice and then took it to the house.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Gosh, Corky, we need to apply some Ken-tuck instincts. Windy yesterday, but not so bad down here last Saturday and Sunday that we couldn't hit a can at 80-100 bobbin' in the H2O. Reminds me, gotta' make a call or two. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Grand Master

Well, it took me forever, but I finally got to the range and I have a target for 50 yard iron sight lever. Looks just under 3 inches to me, but the official Judge will rule.

Shot some 50 yard revolver too, but the results were plain embarrassing.

Boolit Bub
    Do you need to receive the targets by the 15th or is that the last day for shooting?

Boolit Grand Master

15th is the last day for shooting. He'll wait a week after that for targets in the mail.

A target ,at last.

I shot a target,at last.
    This spring,I was plagued by foul weather and active Italian cowboy shooting and ,at last I shot a fifty meters with my Marlin 30WCF carbine.
    Nothing to boast about,I tried a 6 cav ranch dog mould,and as you can see I can keep inside a BIG and steady boar.
    The sons of sows do not keep steady in the hunting fields,they do run.
    Hope you 'll go on with theese matches,they are fun and I hope the next time I'll do better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CAST BOOLITS POSTAL match.jpg  

Boolit Master
    I like the postal matches too. Too bad that with our large membership we cant get any participation though. So far Jr. has received a total of 1 target from outside our house. I may be 100% wrong and it may be 2 targets but not more.
    He gave what like three months or more for the match. He and I have submitted targets from Alaska so weather would not seem to be a reason for non participation.
    He even personally invited some folks from CB that often claim to have an edge on others and claim to do quite well but no show. I just cant help to wonder why.
    With all the talking, and info sharing, and all the other CB shooting related discussions going on here with so many telling of so many great successes with thier CB shooting and only one target submitted? How sad!!! From a group that is supposed to be all about CB's, SHAME on you!!!
    No offence meant, just humiliation.
    BIC/BS

I have mailed the red target in the picture this morning,shipped by priority mail.
    This week end I am going to a so called Long Range Match(just 200 meters )at a range south of Siena.
    I'll have to shoot the course of fire of that match, eat some Pappardelle with wild boar sauce and came back home on monday evening.
    ON tuesday I'll shoot a scoped rifle at 100 yards and a Mod. 17 Enfield at 50.
    And I am going to mail them on the next morning.

Though our climate is not Alaskan it rained every other day in the last two months .Not the best weather for rifle shooting.
    Our pistol range is nearly all covered,and that we can do in any weather,

Boolit Master
    Good man Giorgio!!! You have joined the ranks of the few, the proud, the brave.
    BIC/BS
    Last edited by Bullshop; 05-12-2010 at 07:22 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    I like the postal matches too. Too bad that with our large membership we cant get any participation though. So far Jr. has received a total of 1 target from outside our house. I may be 100% wrong and it may be 2 targets but not more.
    He gave what like three months or more for the match. He and I have submitted targets from Alaska so weather would not seem to be a reason for non participation.
    He even personally invited some folks from CB that often claim to have an edge on others and claim to do quite well but no show. I just cant help to wonder why.
    With all the talking, and info sharing, and all the other CB shooting related discussions going on here with so many telling of so many great successes with thier CB shooting and only one target submitted? How sad!!! From a group that is supposed to be all about CB's, SHAME on you!!!
    No offence meant, just humiliation.
    BIC/BS
    WOOOO HOOOOO! I'm guaranteed a top ten finish!

You aren't the only one that has noticed that there are a number of folks that type great groups, but never seem to have a target available.

Boolit Master

Well in my case, I saw this thread a couple of months ago and then promptly forgot about it.

Having said that, I do need to go to the range next week. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday. I need to do some testing with my .270 Win. With any luck at all I'll have a target worthy of submission for Class #1 - 100 yard - Scoped Rifle - Bench Rest
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have to admit I just noticed this thread!! Had I more time I would have loved to send in a target. its to bad you'all could have got a good laugh at my group or lack of.
    Remember the average response time of a 911 call is over 4 minutes. The average response time of a .357 is around 1300 F.P.S.