Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: RCBS sent my mould back

Boolit Buddy

RCBS sent my mould back

They changed or realined the guide pins and it is better than new.
    Free of charge

Boolit Grand Master

Std RCBS customer service. Perfect work for free.

Hard to beat.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    I called them to see if I could get a new handle for a very old hand priming tool, they didn't have anymore since they've been out of production maybe 20 yrs., but they offered to send me a new model. I couldn't accept it with a clear conscience, I got my money's worth, but what service.

RCBS has customer service that is above and beyond. They have come through for me 3 different times. The only complaint that I have is that I do not want to contact them for parts any more - they keep refusing to let me pay.

Boolit Buddy
    About 3 years ago my kids bought me their large tumbler for my birthday, last Summer the shaft that holds the bowl broke loose from the motor housing ( tiny spot weld) I called customer service and they offered to replace the unit with the small one , the large size was no longer made, I told the lady I really wanted the bigger model and I thought I could repair it, she said go ahead and give it a try, if it doesn't work, call and we will replace it. It worked and is still running strong, but what fantastic service !!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dualsport View Post
    I called them to see if I could get a new handle for a very old hand priming tool, they didn't have anymore since they've been out of production maybe 20 yrs., but they offered to send me a new model. I couldn't accept it with a clear conscience, I got my money's worth, but what service.
    Good on you! It's nice to see someone not take advantage. If it was a year old and broke, fine. A 20 year old primimg tool has given you a fair service run.

Boolit Buddy
    I called them and told them i lost some stuff in the flood here. Things like checking weights for scale during the mad thrash to save what we could.
    I was willing to pay since not a defect or any problem on their end. And was not asking for a favor in anyway shape or form and did not tell them anything other than the stuff was lost.
    But they were not going to take my money no way no how! I told them I was willing to pay but they refused to take my $$
    Last edited by 340six; 01-24-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Had a bunch of similair issues with them. Nothing but good stuff to say about them. I quit buying their stuff on ebay and second hand. I feel bad not dropping some business on them. So after years of second hand stuff and them repairing it for free. I now just get it right from them brand new. When you do right, it comes around

Boolit Master
    Funny - my experience with RCBS warranty service is kind of spotty. I had a bullet mould issue with them years ago and they were great - quick replacement and problem solved. Just last year I called them because I needed some parts - got new o-rings for my Lube sizer but when I told the lady that the Chapman ratchet tool for turning the lube pressure screw was gone bad she just said "we don't have any of those - we haven't sold them for years" and that was it. Too bad - can't replace your broken / worn out tool because we don't have any.
    <
    When I asked about a replacement for the cracked and split powder reservoir on my old Duo-Measure she said the same thing - "They pretty much all go bad from age. We've replaced a lot of those but we don't have any left. I hear some guys have fixed them by making their own reservoir from metal or plastic pipe - you might want to try that."
    <
    A lifetime warranty - unless we run out of parts. Maybe you can fix it yourself.
    Hmph!
    I still like a lot of Big Green's products but I have to admit that I was disappointed by their "lifetime" warranty service.
    <
    Uncle R.

Boolit Master
    Uncle, funny they'd do you like that and be so good to so many other guys. You aint swearing at her or nuthin', right? Considering how generous their warranty policy is(usually), if it was me I'd run that by again. They do say 'lifetime' and normally back it up

servive is ABOVE & BEYOND I e mailed them requesting several screws for my RCBS molds 3 days later I received an e mail saying they had been ordered .
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

parts

why would you expect to get parts when they no longer make that .you got your lifetime warrenty.you dont expect to live forever do you.I need some sizer dies for a meepos luber. since they have not been made in 50 yrs I sould be mad at them????.
    WILDCATT

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

UNCLE R:to try and help now there may be another brand that fits your measure.
    if you look at hornady and redding their measures may be the same.I have a RCBS green machine and broke a part a couple times,they sent me replacements.
    I knew they were used.but they worked and I learned not to break the part.I dont expect to get any more.as the machine has not been made in 30 yrs.
    WILDCATT

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dualsport View Post
    Uncle, funny they'd do you like that and be so good to so many other guys. You aint swearing at her or nuthin', right? Considering how generous their warranty policy is(usually), if it was me I'd run that by again. They do say 'lifetime' and normally back it up
    Nope - I wasn't swearin' at her.
    To tell the truth I didn't say much - just maybe "Oh, I see. Well - um, okay - send me those O-rings I guess." I was actually kinda surprised by her response - especially after all of the praise I've read over the years about their warranty.
    <
    My cousin bought a Redfield rifle scope many years ago - probably in the late 60s. When it was maybe 20 years old it started giving him trouble and he sent it for repair under the "lifetime" warranty. He had the box, the warranty papers and even his purchase receipt. (Pretty methodical guy!) Redfield told him they couldn't repair it because it was too old and they had no parts - so they offered him the chance to BUY a new Redfield scope with a small discount (maybe 20%) off the list price. He considered that to be shabby treatment - and so did I.
    <
    Quite simply, if they WANTED to really honor the warranty they could have sent him a brand new scope as a replacement. And if RCBS had wanted to really honor their warranty for me they could have offered me a brand new powder measure - or as far as that goes a new lubesizer. Heck - Chapman still makes those little ratchets - I found 'em for sale on the web after my phone call. If RCBS doesn't have 'em for replacements it ain't because they can't get 'em.
    <
    It's not a question of "Did you get your money's worth?" I expect that I did. I used those tools for years and years. It's not a question of "Can you really expect those tools to last for the span of a man's lifetime?" I'd admit that sometimes and for some tools such a guarantee might be a bit unrealistic.
    It's a question of "Did they honor their promise - did they keep their word, or not?" RCBS did not for me - and I ain't impressed.
    <
    Uncle R.