Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Miha 41 GC and PB results

Groo here
    Cant find pins How much

Groo,

Check post 193 of this thread. There is a link to order.

Brian

Groo here
    Ordered pins paypal sent Good Good Good

Boolit Master
    I find my 41 mag mold cast 10 grains heavier due to new taper of the pins. On the plus side the bullets drop like rain from heaven from the mold

Boolit Master
    I've got mine too, haven't tried them yet, but I'm sure all is well. Thanks to Miha for taking care of this small glitch. A classy businessman.

MICHIGAN,but rather be in alaska,or montanna
    FINALLY GOT MINE TODAY, couldnt wait casted out 150 rounds. like my other molds from mihec,, like my others-tis a thing of beauty. has a scarry start,hex pins were really snug fit. ,then started to cast,had alot of waste returns untill both mold and pot came into temp range.,,then i noticed wrinkle heads,with smooth bodys,so i backed off and let the mold cool somewhat,then sprayed completly out with crc brake cleaner,,,(THAT WAS THE TICKET) remembering what i read,and mihec siad to run hot,,i did so, and started to get keepers right away,i had not one problem with the bullets dropping of the hex pins,,,BUTTER BABY!! i casted out 150 rounds like it was nothing. So who has loaded,and shot these hex hp bullets,load used?? im planning on sighting in a new scope and using these for deer hunting out of my ruger super blackhawk bisley hunter that has been tweaked in all the right places. im excited to shot some of these. if there anything like his 45 270 mold,,i got another winner!!

Boolit Master

Results with 25-1 at 950fps

Water jug at 9 yrds. Universal Clays 6.5 grain 210 g HP 25-1 alloy(950FPS)
    Last edited by Shooter6br; 11-26-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Groo here
    what is the slug weight, what in HP ?????????/

Boolit Master

weight

i get 212 grains with the HP. I beleive due to greater taper on the pins accounts for heavier weight.i also use 25-1 alloy which should weigh alittle more. Oh yes I got close to 100% weight retention with the slug pictures above

Boolit Buddy
    So I finally got around to casting a couple hundred with the new pins. Mixed 50/50 WW & soft with a little tin. Tried one each of the round pin and flat sided one, and the round one drops off easily. Not so with the other, though I think they could be polished smoother to make work.

But then I had a real tough time seating the gas checks. These are the Gator checks and they seem to be a bit small!?!

Any insights?

Boolit Buddy
    And to expand on my previous post, the base of the boolit where the gas check goes measures .394.5 - .395. The gator .416 gas checks measure ID at .388 - .389.5.

Me thinks a bigger gas check is in order!?! Which one?

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    The Lyman 41 thin check is required. The Gator has them, too. Remember, there are three different 41 checks. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Felix. Where might i find these? Does Blammer sell them? Anyone want some .416 Gators?

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    He should! There is no problem in doing so. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master
    UP date-- I have not order my pins yet but will -- the hps from my mold and metal weigh 195-6 gr - I am using my .41/454 -- mv is 1660-- I have had to work at it some but the round will give 1-1.5 inch at 50 yards for three shots-- --have not shot at 100 but back down the field road we use and shot at 180 steps-- three shots with me holding the 6-3 o clock post on the top of the box --not the best aiming point and put three shots into 7" -- I have never shot past 100 so for my first time I was happy -- and will try again with a good aiming point-- anyway at normal swamp hunting range 80 steps or less-- I am good to go -- I really like this mold-- new pins will only add to -- specs-- I do not know the hardness of the metal --softer than ww bu not softer than tape on --bullets expand well-- air cooled -- carnuba red lube -.410 to fit cyclinder throats-- .416 Gator checks -- which are very tight -- I will use the thin ones from now on no hassle-- except i have glue them on --gun is a 5.5" RedHawk in.410 GNR-- no need in giving the load as no one else is likely to have one --it is a nice and very accurate gun with lots of power

Boolit Buddy
    GLynn41,
    Are you saying that you need to glue on the Lyman thin GC's? I just ordered some of them from Blammer and was hoping that they would just press on and be good to go as the .416's were way too tight.

Do get the new pins as the round tapered ones drop off great. I like the mold and the boolit, but if I have too many more hassles with it, I will sell and just buy JHP's.

Quote Originally Posted by GLynn41 View Post
    416 Gator checks -- which are very tight -- I will use the thin ones from now on no hassle-- except i have glue them on --gun is a 5.5" RedHawk in.410 GNR-- no need in giving the load as no one else is likely to have one --it is a nice and very accurate gun with lots of power

Boolit Master
    The Gator checks I have will not stay on with the alloy I am using and my mold --so I use crazy glue-- I do not know about any one else's-- what you are getting were made with this mold in mind -- what i have i have had for a while--2 years?-- so hopefully yours would be different-- even with a few hassles I would rather still my Mhia mold than buy jhps

Boolit Master
    took a doe at 50 yards with the 198 grain HP one shot -- i have ordered the new pins finally -- but this mold is accurate and the hp seems to be good killers-- I am happy

Boolit Master
    Hey Glynn41, i took two deer with my original hps from this mold this year, one at 103 of my steps and one at 94 of my steps. Both fell in their tracks. Have not recovered a spent bullet yet. I am only shooting these at around 1100 fps, but have been well pleased with their performance so far.
    My mother always said I was the Flower of the Family, The Blooming Idiot

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112