Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2010 nevada cast bullet shoot

Boolit Master
    Question to BruceB,
    I will probably be camping up in Paradise Valley on Thursday and Friday nights picking opals and maybe harassing coyotes so will get underway early into Winnemucca on Saturday. What time do festivities start on Saturday either at the range or in town in the morning?
    Quilbilly (aka Ward)

On Heaven's Range

There's not much of a schedule for this get-together.

I'll probably get to the range sometime before 0800, and there will likely be a few people out to lend a hand with set-up at that time.

Shooting usually starts around 0900, and we generally fire the team matches on separate days....one each on Saturday and Sunday. The Sunday team shoot is often the last event of the weekend, finishing it up with a blast.

In case you're not familiar with the area, just follow the signs for the county landfill and shooting range, which you'll see BEFORE getting to Winnemucca itself when coming south from Paradise Valley. Go up the mountain maybe a half-mile beyond the landfill, and there are excellent signs to follow to the range.

It won't be long now!
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    As long as the stock market behaves itself (or starts behaving itself better than it has this week), I'm almost ready to go. I have most of my ammo loaded and enough time/components to finish the loading. I took my Winchester 94 up to the range this afternoon and tested it with the Lee 230 RN TL boolits, as well as with the Lyman 452424 SWCs and it feeds either equally well. I couldn't remember whether the SWCs would feed or not. I haven't shot the carbine for a number of years. I'm looking forward to the fun and fellowship.

Regards,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

Was that place called the Griddle or something like that where we meet for lunch on Friday?
    Jane and I should be there Thursday sometime. Just wish this global warming would stop, got an inch last night and it's still comming down, YUK.
    I can't bring my farm of sillywet targets this year as we will be driving Janes Neon. I even think all those baby sillywets would take up too much space and weight.
    I also have had orders from the doc to take it easy as I had a heart attack last week and wow did that throw a monkey wrench into getting more loads and guns ready. Seems you can't win for losing. Either way, we are so looking forwards to seeing all of you there Friday....
    Walt

The GRIDDLE

Hey to Walt and Jane!

Yes it is the Griddle. Looking forward to seeing you two and all the rest of the Greatest Group of folks I know!

Walt...you take care of yourself.

See you all soon (There will be about 10 of us)
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

I've decided I'm also bringing the 4" S&W .32 H&R. I cast up 250 rounds of the RCBS 98gr SWC for it this evening, to go with the 50 rounds I already have loaded. Man, that's a nice mould. It took about five casts to get it up to temp, then it just turned 'em out as fast as I could cast and clear the mould. Not a single cull in the batch. It's easy on the lead, too. 250 rounds only dropped the level about an inch in my RCBS melter.

I have all my room reservations made and I'm going to download a couple of audio books to listen to on the way up. Glenn Beck's "Common Sense", Bill O'Reilly's "Bold Fresh" and possibly another. Can't wait to get on the road.

Regards,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

On Heaven's Range

One week to go!

Yep, just one week. I hope everyone has already made those hard decisions about what to bring.

We'll miss some of our long-time regulars at this Shoot; for instance Mr and Mrs Onceabull (Idabull) have to pass on this one due to medical eventualities. 45nut falls into the same bracket, and maybe some other folks do as well. You will be missed.

Al Nelson (Swede) of Night Owl Enterprises has informed me that he will be unable to attend....BUT, he is being very generous in providing a gift certificate or two for the winners thereof to select an NOE mould! In thinking about this (dangerous, I know) it seems to me that the winners of Iron Sight Group and Scope Sight Group (both rifle events) might be a logical place to award these prizes.

45nut has sent along a couple of the Cast Boolit flags, and they will add some color and interest to the proceedings. I'd like to find a nice Stars and Stripes, too.

As in years past, we'll have an early-comers lunch at 1 pm REPEAT: ONE pm, at The Griddle restaurant, right on the main street. After that, all we have to do is pick up the tables and chairs , donated yet again by Brown's Hardware.

What do y'all think about a beer-only bar? There's a pleasant room at Sid's Restaurant for the Rools Kommittee get-together on Friday night, but the place is limited to bottled beer (and soft drinks, of course). If this is not adequate, the Flying Pig is still available, with its full bar. Please state your opinions IMMEDIATELY, si?

Mamma Mia....eleven years of doing this, and it's just as much fun as ever.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Bottled beer? Nirvana! Bill
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Moderator Emeritus

I'm still off alcohol so either is fine if their food is OK. Moldy Joe will be prepping for a trip to Afghanistan co of the US Govt. and will not be attending nor will his son Levi. My secret weapon as of this morning is my son Matt who should be able to make it after last being at # 3 I think. Gianni, a short 9-10 hours away.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

I'm going to be there guys!
    Been looking for work and that is why I was hesitant to commit to this. I've been offered a job but I don't have to start until Tuesday May 25th.
    Either place for Rools Committee dinner is fine with me. I've been dry for 17 years now.
    Man, I'm really looking forward to this!
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It is that time again. Jane and I will get there and amid doc and lab appointments but be there come H### or high water. I do have a request ,and that is, if any of you attending have a .490 roundball mould that you can part with I could use it. I have a couple mini cannons that are .50 bore and am tired of launching .44 patched boolits out of them.
    Still haven't gotten out to my "Private" range I set up over the hill and run the much needed tests but so goes life. Looking forward to the 1 o-clock lunch. This is gonna be great to see and BS with all of you again. Walt

Super Moderator

..............Sid's works for me. It's almost across the street from the Santa Fe, so for me 'n' Al it'll be easy to crawl back to the room

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by NVWalt View Post
    It is that time again. Jane and I will get there and amid doc and lab appointments but be there come H### or high water. I do have a request ,and that is, if any of you attending have a .490 roundball mould that you can part with I could use it. I have a couple mini cannons that are .50 bore and am tired of launching .44 patched boolits out of them.
    Still haven't gotten out to my "Private" range I set up over the hill and run the much needed tests but so goes life. Looking forward to the 1 o-clock lunch. This is gonna be great to see and BS with all of you again. Walt
    I "ll dig around Walt, I was bringing my 50 to shoot [Lyman Plains pistol] and don"t recall if I have one other than the Lee combo mold.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    Walt and Gianni,
    I've got an extra .490 that I'll bring. I'll put it on the list of stuff not to forget!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Banned

Well darn I don't know how I can make it this year now. I'm down in the bay area picking up a machine, got to come back down for my nephew's HS graduation week after next. The fuel and time is gonna kill me.
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 05-16-2010 at 11:16 AM.

Banned

Proud Notable mention- my nephew's name is Alex Tilghman Conner.

Sam Elliott plays Alex's great great grandfather- the legendary Sheriff "Bill Tilghman" in the movie "You Know My Name".

The kid wants to come up and work with his uncle Pat and do some hunting and fishing so I may have some company and help soon.

Alex's Grandfather was also a WW2 vet and war hero in my eyes, so this kid comes from some tough American stock.

Bruce,

I'm going to vote for our gang. Sid's is my/our choice. Looking forward to seeing you and all the GREAT folks. We will see you at the Griddle a few B 4....1.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Doggone, I'm sorry I haven't been paying attention for the last couple of days.

I won't be able to make it for the lunch on Friday. I'll still be on the road between Vegas and Winnemucca. As for the Rools Committee meeting in the evening, I have no preference. I'll probably only drink beer, anyway, so I'll let the others decide. This is my first trip up for this prestegious event, so I'll observe and make few comments.

Itchin' to get underway,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"

Boolit Master
    Sid's will be fine for the wife and I.

I guess I'll be bringin' my press and reloadin' supplies out to the range again!
    Someday, I'm goin' ta quit procrastinatin'...

Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend.

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Bottled beer and Sid's works fine! See everyone there!
    Best Regards,
    Tom

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast