Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: star lubesizer

How do you keep it from doing that? I've cast some fairly hard bullets, but even they would have gotten dinged by the drop into a container.
    They are only dropping about 4-5 inches into the container. No different then dropping them from the mold onto a towel or pile of cast boolits. If they do get dings I don’t really notice them, its minute and nothing to loose sleep over. A microscopic ding aint nothing compared to the ding its going to have when it hits the steel backstop.

One could catch the bullets with your hand as it’s dropped from the star, but I found this to be too much of a pita.

Tumble lubing is the one that I think would ding up the bullets the worst, but it is still a very popular method for some folks.
    Appalachian American

When told the reason for daylight savings time the Old Indian said, “Only the Government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket.”

Boolit Grand Master

It's been almost three weeks since this thread started, has starbits ordered a Star yet?

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    It's been almost three weeks since this thread started, has starbits ordered a Star yet?

Rick
    Not yet although I did decide to buy new instead of compeating on eBay for an unknown. Just a matter of time and money.

Eric

Boolit Grand Master

What is hindsight worth? This just posted this afternoon, coulda, woulda, shoulda grabed this up for you.

Show Castboolits thread

Too late now.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    What is hindsight worth? This just posted this afternoon, coulda, woulda, shoulda grabed this up for you.

Show Castboolits thread

Too late now.

Rick
    Thanks for thinking of me Rick. I'm sure somebody is smiling today.

Starbits

Does the star fit gas checks in the same way that the other lube sizers do?

can the die size be ordered in any size (eg 313, 314, 315, 316 etc.), or do they only come in off the shelf sizes?

Thanks - Rollmyown

Yup, it does gaschecks, too.

Get your dies from Lathesmith. He will make you whatever you want.

Gotta get the Star first, I also have to factor in postage cost to Australia and the heater too. Hopin' it's not gunna stir up the silverfish in my wallet too much!!

Thanks

Boolit Master
    cbrick, I too have a star die that is marked SAECO. I don't remember if I ordered it or where it came from. I think it may have been a special order item....Wes
    The problem in America today is, there are to many fools making to many rules that don't apply to themselves. Now just wait until the new pres. takes office and see what happens!!!!!

Boolit Master

rollmyown - guess you may have noticed, a number of Australians are on this site. I find it interesting the members from around the world. My Star is an old one but I hear the new ones are good, but do get your dies from Lathesmith.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Boolit Mold
    Just and FYI--I ordered a star sizer about a week ago--they said it would be a couple/few weeks until they had them in and would ship.

Rollmyown,

I live in West Australia and ordered the Star sizer, heater and air feed assembly from Magma.

I even called Arizona and spoke to a very nice lady who sorted me out.

All the gear arrived in perfect condition in about 10 days, our dollar is quite strong against the USD so now is the time to buy.

I looked at NIOA's price for a Lyman 4500 and it was $450.00!!

Go the Star mate, you will be very happy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123