MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain your avatar and name.

Boolit Master

A friend of mine saw a comedy routine making fun of Geraldo Rivera and tagged me with the nickname, a play on my real first name. So many people have used it for so long it might as well be my real name.

I'm interested in genealogy and have traced my father's family back to the 1600s near Weisbaden, Hesse. The avatar is the coat of arms of Hesse.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Mold
    My user name is from a radio call sign given to me almost 48 years ago in a far an distant place.

Old Hickory, (Andrew Jackson) has always been one of my favorite "charictors" in American history. He stomped the British at the Battle of New Orleans, was shot in a duel and went on to take careful aim at his opponit, (front sight-breath-squeeze-fire!) and mortally wounded him, opened the White House to EVERYONE on his innoguration. Besides, he's the only one of my admired American charictors to have a good nick-name and wouldn't mind if I used it.

My avatar is just my 4" S&W 629-3. It's one good gun.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

southpaw - cuz I am left handed

My avatar is me and my son with our big catch this past summer.

The sig lines are some of favorite sayings that I have heard. The first one is from one of the guys that hunts with us ( or I hunt with him one of the two) and the second is something that my dad has said a time or two. example: Hey Jerry (my dads name) what do you think the best way to frame this wall out is (he was a farmer for the first 20 some years of his life and a contractor the rest, about 50years building houses). Dad- gives a very detailed way of going about framing the wall. guy- Huh. well I was thinking... Dad- ah but what do I know I'm just a dumb farmer.

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

Boolit Master
    Mine is a combination of my first name initial and a truncated version of my last name. The present avatar picture is just something I found on the internet that reflects my sense of humor. I change them from time to time as the mood strikes.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Bub
    Most of the guys on the department have nicknames. Several years ago while in the office finishing some reports, one of the guys called me "Big Country". That nickname got around our department and several other local departments and I have been called that ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Name comes from 35 plus years of casting and reloading. Picture comes as a result of 31 years in the Air National Guard flying jets. My favorite was the f-4 Phantom. 14 years , and 3500 plus hours. Hope to retire in 3-4 more months. Bob
    Them F-4s are FANTASTIC aircraft, Bob! I don't know much about how the Air Force felt about them "flying tanks", but for us "Mud Marines" on the ground, they were always a welcome sight when things got "uncomfortable." Flown by Marine and Navy pilots, they got the job done at "pruning" level!

I've never been in the cockpit of any aircraft, and I've never been closer than probably 300yds from a F-4, but in my opinion...It's the best aircraft for close ground support ever made! They're nothing short of flying tanks!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

My user name is my name. John Novotny, the avatar is something special. It is a 1919 Baldwin steam engine that sat in the park, where I live, for ages. A group of fellas here decided it was time to restore her, I didn't think they would ever get the job done. But 10 years later they ran their madien voyage.

oldhickory, could'nt have put it better myself. The hardest thing I think i've ever done was in 1991. I took one of our last Phantoms to the bone yard out in Arizona. We landed, shut down, and started to walk away. Something made me turn around. It was almost like the old girl was looking at me saying where you going? Where's the fuel truck? You leavin me here? Kinda get moist eyed every time I think about it. Everyone of those jets had a personality. It was almost like she knew she would never fly again. I walked over and kinda rubbed her nose like you would do an old dog.
    You work with the same machines for 14 years, you kinda get to know them, and get attached to them. Sorry to be so long winded. Bob

mine is way to easy!! if you seen my pic I'm a little Phat man ... and the other is

Boolit Master
    I've shot IHMSA silhouette since 1980 except for a 5 year period when my financial situation did not allow. Started back in 1990 with a match my brother & I started sponsoring here in my home town, smallbore only. Up until that time I had never shot a perfect score (40x40). Anyway, at that first match, on my first entry, I shot a perfect score with my High Standard Trophy in Production category.
    Last edited by high standard 40; 01-10-2010 at 05:54 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Enjoyed reading everyones story.

Archmaker - because about 1998 I started to make Takedown bows and have migrated to longbows and I was consulting about computer security and needed to setup my own website. Archmaker.com was available so I took it, still have it after 12 years. Nothing on it now, but maybe I will revive it one of these days.

Moderator Emeritus

Mines pretty easy, My name is Trey, and I like 45's. Also Trey means 3, so 345. Clever aint I.
    The avatar is just a gun related smiley I like.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Master
    heavyMetal, well when I signed in the first time it was what I use in my hobby and I figured what could be better as a handle!

My avatar? Heaviest piece of metal that shoots I could think of. I have no idea what the writing says at the bottom of the picture, been asked a couple time.

The avatar was posted by one of the moderators a couple Christmas's ago and I like it very much even if it's not parked on a Camel!

Boolit Master
    Nothin' fancy here; My first initial and my last name (no relation to Ron Snover as far as I know).
    The avatar was sent in an email. The crown of the barrel in the picture says "Smile, wait for flash." It's probably photo shopped but a lazer engraver or EDM could do it.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    462 was my Air Force job code, maintaining and loading F-100 and F-4 weapons systems.

oldhickory: If you were there in '68/'69, I hope some of what I loaded helped you out.

oldtimer: When it came to the F-4, it was love at first sight. Worked on the E Model for two stateside years.

Recluse: I share your feelings and sentiments.

Avatar is John Wayne as Hondo Lane, in the movie "Hondo". To me, Hondo represents the beliefs, values and morals that were the foundation upon which America was bulit. Since I was born 100-years to late, it is easier to relate to Hondo's time than it is to the times in which I live.

462, nice to see a few of us "old" guys still around. All of my time was in the RF. Bob

I got my screen name when I was loading these in to the trailer

the police happened by and things got interesting, until my neighbor a home land security guy told them He's okay that's just dukenukum getting ready to take out the aliens. my avatar is Tibby the cat ( short for Tiberius ). I was getting ready to go to the range when he cuddled up to my .45 auto.
    http://adventuresinopencarr.blogspot.com/
    even my cat has a gun
    Trust in GOD and the Mauser.

Boolit Buddy

My handler is my name and the avatar is something I found on the net and really believe children show be taught from the start.
    "An armed society is a polite society" R.A. Heinlein 1907 - 1988

my handle WACO is simply the first two letters of my first and last name
    WAlter COats
    my avatar is me out in the shop with my .44 ruger blackhawk
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7