RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wheell weight prices/

Boolit Master
    Took a tire into our local family tire store, and saw that his wheel weight barrel was better than half full. I asked him "how much?" He told me whatever the scrap metal place would pay him, he would take. I asked him to call and check the price please. I looked in the barrel, and on the top it was all lead weights, looked good to me. He called me back and said the scrap place was paying 5 cents per pound for wheel weights, and that was good enough for him. I had to pause to catch my breath, and in as calm a voice as I could muster, I asked him to double-check that number. He called me again and said the price is a nickle per pound. I told him that sounded fair to me if he was happy, and reminded him that last year I paid him 40 cents per pound for 800 pounds. He's a man of his word and said it is mine for a nickle. Told him to put my name on it, and that I would pick it up the day after Christmas. Santa came early this year!

my scrap lead guy buys for 30-40cents a pound sells for 70 cents a pound for clean scrap he sells clip on lead wheelweights for 40 cents a pound ..
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

Boolit Buddy
    At a nickel a pound l dont think l would have left without that bucket

Boolit Master
    I found a couple places in my area that have sold me scrap wheel weights for 20 and 30 cents a pound. One recycle place will sell them for 80 cents per pound. That seems pretty pricey unless they've separated out the iron and zinc. (I'm running close to 15-percent rejects on the weights I've bought, so it might be worth the 80 cents/pound if it's all usable.) None of the big places -- Walmart, Firestone, Sears, Midas -- will sell to individuals anymore.

Richard

Richard
    Isn't a 9mm just a .45 set on stun? -- Amy W.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
    -- Niccolo Machiavelli

USPSA A32025
    NRA Life

Boolit Mold
    All of the little tire shops here won't even sell them to me. They say they re-use them and are quite rude about it. One little scrap yard will sell me lead for 80cents #. That's pretty high, but I can dig through the barrel and the last time I got 50-60# of ww, 30-40# roofing lead, and 4-5# of pewter for $80. I figure the tin was worth the lead gouging.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345