Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A goodbye to my beloved wife

A goodbye to my beloved wife

I haven't posted much anywhere in a very long time due to being a caregiver to my wife, Carol. She was valiantly fighting metastatic melanoma for 2 1/2 years, enduring surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and countless scans, tests, drugs and treatments, losing her battle on November 17th. This Christmas was the most depressing, sad occasion that a person could endure. I long to hold her again, feel her gentle touch, but it's not to be. We had been married just a few months shy of 50 years and she was my life, the type of woman that you're proud and happy to be with. High school sweethearts into our golden years. I have family nearby so it's not that I'm alone, still there is a most significant part of my life gone. She was my travel partner, sometimes shooting partner, spotter, cheerleader, wife, lover, best friend. She was quite a shooter too, one time she ran 15 pigs in a row with her Contender! Man, was that a happy day for us!

Last Christmas, out of the blue, she surprised me with a rifle, one that I casually mentioned a month or so earlier. Deep down I realize she knew that would probably be her last Christmas and made it memorable for me. Over the years she often managed to surprise me at Christmastime with gifts like a PACT chronograph, digital camera, and many hobby related items.

Attached is a picture of Carol from April of 09. Her hair had just come back after chemo and was only about 1/2" long. In the early fall she lost all that hair again after having whole brain radiation. No person should have to endure all that she went through. I'm sure there's a special spot for her in heaven and no one deserves it more than she. Carol was 67 years old.

I really lost interest in hunting and shooting during her illness and will now try to rekindle that fire from the remaining tiny ember still glowing.

I hope your Christmas was merry and have a happy new year. And give your wife a loving hug too. It'll make you both feel good.

Frank

"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
    Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, NRA Life
    PRPA, Annual member

Gosh,I am so sorry for you. What a truly moving and in many ways,admirable,story.
    The two of you had together what a lot of folk can only dream of.
    Live with your fond memories and know that you are among brothers here.
    I am thousands of miles away but offer anything I can as I know many here will.
    You know full well that she would want you to continue enjoying our great hobby.
    Rest easy my friend.
    Regards,
    Tony

Boolit Master

You are a lucky man to have had all of those great years. Now, knowing how much your wife loved you, think about what she would want you to do. She would not want you to greive your life away. Instead she would want you to do the things that make you happy. The next time you bang that steel just say this one is for you dear. She will smile down on you.

Larry

Boolit Master

Very sorry for your loss. Words cannot do it justice.
    Last edited by square butte; 10-29-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

My condolences, God bless you. Scot
    Charter Member #148

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

A very sincere "so sorry for your loss" from here, remember those good times often.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Frank indeed you were given a great life partner. Carol is still with you for sure. Many people around the world would give anything to exprience the love and memories you two made together. we are here for you Frank.
    " I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere"
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    Very sorry for your loss. Words cannot do it justice.
    Stay strong brother.

Boolit Master
    my prayers are with you Frank, and thank God for good memories.

m
    Look twice, shoot once.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Sorry to hear this, Frank. My best to you.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    My condolences. Sounds like you had a wonder partner to share your life with.
    7br aka Mark B.

On the internet, I am 6ft tall, good looking and can dance.

Boolit Master

I'm SO sorry, I don;t know you, but you have my best wishes. Be well, and take care.
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Master

Steel Banger I was really touched by your posting and forgive me for saying so. I know I sound selfish but you have made me appreciate what I have in life much more. I can really feel your pain brother by just imagining myself in your situation and wish there was something I can do to help. If there is anything I can do to get you through this, please ask. I would be honored to help in your time of need.

Frank you have my sincere condolences I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like you and Carol enjoyed a wonderful life and you have great memories to cherish. Be strong friend and she is with you in your heart and mind. Steve

Steelbanger, I too was touched by your loss and am so sorry . My thoughts and prayers are with you friend. You have lost what all men seek in life and some times never find. Her memory will live in you so she is never faraway from you. I will also say this....Don't give up on life...she wouldn't want you to. Take care.
    I don't know you....but I have met you a 1000 times

Wow, what a tear jerker. So sorry for your loss. She looked like a real nice woman.

Cherish the memories she gave you, it's not the toys but the memories that we truly give each other.

Moderator Emeritus

Frank, mere words will not express my sympathy. I hope the good memories you have keep you company.
    grit yer teeth an pull the trigger

Moderator Emeritus

I am sorry for your loss. Best wishes at each Holiday as that loss will bring memories back. Gianni.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

In Remebrance

The post you made serves as a fine testament to your wife, what more could she ask for? My sincerest condolences, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.