• 45 Colt

270 23.10%
  • Other

136 11.63%
  • 41 Mag

23 1.97%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Pistol Caliber

.45 ACP is what I shoot the most but a close second is a tie between my .357 and my 7.62 Nagant.
    http://adventuresinopencarr.blogspot.com/
    even my cat has a gun
    Trust in GOD and the Mauser.

Boolit Master

I can't answer this question as I shoot all my pistols pretty much the same amount so don't have one that I shoot most. Unless you consider the 22 lr caliber which I don't as it is for hunting and tin can shooting.
    With the current shortage of everything I shoot a lot less than I used to and if everything had to be put in one caliber I am not sure which I would choose as some work in pistol and rifle and some are just plain make large holes. So it would most likely depend on which one I grabbed at the moment.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range. txpete's Avatar
    I like them all but there is just something special about launching the 358429's out of my redhawk.
    pete

Ruger BH .45 Colt. It can plink with little recoil (my 12 yr old loves it with cowboy loads) or surpass the .44 mag for hunting. Pretty versatile IMO. Another fine choice would be the .357 mag, fine accuracy in a good gun, mine's a 6" M19, and can do 90% of what a handgun is good for while being frugal with the powder and lead.... JMO...Dennis (Wheelgunner, but will someday get a new fangled self-loader in .45 ACP)
    Last edited by Bucks Owin; 12-21-2009 at 06:11 PM.

45 Colt
    but 32 H&R, 38 Special and 45ACP are not far behind.

-ktw

9X18 Makarov

45 colt

Boolit Master
    I note with 235 votes in -- although 45 acp leads -- it is about 60% revolver calibers, 25% semi-auto calibers, 15% other. Interesting.
    Paul

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pmeisel View Post
    I note with 235 votes in -- although 45 acp leads -- it is about 60% revolver calibers, 25% semi-auto calibers, 15% other. Interesting.
    My reasoning for this: Maybe some here are like me and hate trying to locate their precious brass when they are done banging away at the range. I shoot an over under at the trap/skeet/clays range for the same reason....I do not lose none of my old style AA hulls that way.

I voted 38spcl, but the 38spcl , 357mag and 357max are all too close to really pick a true winner at this house. For the first time in alot of years I can make the following statement............there are no longer any semi-auto CF handguns that live in my house. I sold/traded off all the brass losers and have went back to revolvers/singleshots exclusively. Did I mention I hate losing brass?

Boolit Master
    I'd have to say .475 Linebaugh -- it's what I shoot the most. But ask me in a couple of months and the .500 Linebaugh may suplant the .475 (I just got my .500 and I am still get acquainted with it).

Boolit Mold
    9mm is my favorite

Boolit Grand Master
    Welcome to the board, CoolBarrelBill.

I'm late to this party, and the question is a conflicted one for this here mid-caliber addict. What caliber gets carried the most--what caliber gets shot the most--which caliber is most useful--which one is easiest to make accurate?

Despite my affection for the 32s, the 357 Magnum wins out for all-around favorite. There is almost always a can of emptied 357 brass laying around, waiting to be tumbled and refilled. The caliber just does so many things so darn well.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

Okay Ill bite, but this one is tough. It will probably be the 38 special. But like many others the 45LC and 44mag is sure fun as well as all the 32s.

Boolit Master
    I continue to be amazed at the popularity of the .32's in this poll. I have some .32 H & R cast boolit loads made up if the weather would clear up enough to get to the farm. (I'm probably repeating myself, but what the heck.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Hard to pick just one, however I carry my Sig 1911 in .45 and it gets shot everytime I go to the range which is every other weekend. My GP-100 gets a work out most of the time as well. I also am shoting my FN 5.7 alot. Too many choices not enough time to shoot them all.

shoot the 38sp most with 148gr wc cast from a lee six cavity tl . It is always one of the 38 's that goes with me to the range . Although I also shoot up a mountain of 45lc,44sp 44 mag 9mm and all the 32's I guess i love them all but that 38 always goes with me .

Boolit Mold
    Wow! This one really stirred em up-huh! Can't really say I have a favorite but I shoot most of them. I guess which ever one is the newest at the time. Just bought a Braztech M92 in 357 magnum and I own a S&W 586 so I guess 357 is my favorite--right now. I also like the 44 magnum very much-- then there's the 44 special----45 Colt----the 45 ACP-----9mm-----32 magnum--------Oh well!!

I voted "other" because there was no 44-40 on the list.
    It is the caliber I shoot the most. I have two single action revolvers, 2 marlin 94's, and a combo12ga/44-40 ( that I carried hunting all fall)

Quote Originally Posted by Daveb View Post
    Wow! This one really stirred em up-huh! Can't really say I have a favorite but I shoot most of them. I guess which ever one is the newest at the time. Just bought a Braztech M92 in 357 magnum and I own a S&W 586 so I guess 357 is my favorite--right now. I also like the 44 magnum very much-- then there's the 44 special----45 Colt----the 45 ACP-----9mm-----32 magnum--------Oh well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sprue View Post
    Being the fact that the Poll question is asking what caliber / round you put down range, the most..... I find it interesting that no one at all has voted for the 380 or 40 cal. In my locale 'round here, all the brass to be picked up is either 9mm or 40 and lots of it. 380 brass is found, seldom.

I know that factory 380 ammo is scarce so thats possibly a good indicator according to the Poll or then, is it.

Again, the Poll question is: What round do you send down range - most ?

Its not a question of choice (no reason to get nervous ) although I know the thread Title may be a little misleading if you don't read closely.

I love all my toys equally too, but here, 38 Spl goes down range more than any other cal.

Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Prosperous New Year !
    Re-read the initial Poll Question

Sprue ™

Boolit Master

Ahhhhhh, to stir the pot.

I notice I was the first to select .380. It was my selection not because I would select it first for a gunfight, but because it is the one I always have on me. If I would be heading for a gunfight, I would take my 12 ga.

As for my first choice of pistol calibers, it would be 10 mm.

Happy New Year to All!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast