Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Lee dies

Boolit Master

Lee dies

I need some opinions on the Lee collete neck sizing die and the Lee Factory crimp die. How well does each die work and will I get improved accuracy using these dies....dale

Boolit Buddy
    Dale, 90% of my dies are Lee. I reload for several different caliber, both handgun, and rifle. For rifle, I have always been able to come up with a MOA load, using Lee dies. The collet dies work GREAT. The only restriction is, you must use the resized brass for that gun, in which it was last shot. This adds to the accuracy.

Factory crimp dies are also outstanding ! Have them for all my rifles. I'm very happy with my LEE dies. Don't be a snob, give 'em a try.

=1 for Cast-n-blast. If you are going to load 35 Remington without going through a big die-setup learning curve, the Lee Factory Crimp die will be very useful with that caliber. I use Lee Factory crimp dies even on bolt-action calibers.

What are you loading for?

Lee collete neck sizing die and the Lee Factory crimp die. ?????

Lee dies,, work great,,, I have them, and will buy more

As to your question.
    What are you loading for?

I have neck sized for my single shot 30-06 bench, gun,,,

Neck sizing is not for any semi auto ammo,,,

Lee Factory crimp die,,,, works great on my .223 AR ammo,, If I were loading for a bolt gun, I would not bother,,, crimping with that die, as the seating,,, die, will crimp them enough,,,

But as loading goes,,, We just can't leave things alown,,, and we keep tinkering.

Jim M

Boolit Master
    "I need some opinions on the Lee collete neck sizing die and the Lee Factory crimp die. How well does each die work and will I get improved accuracy using these dies...."

Doesn't matter what you're loading for, Lee makes good dies. They are, on average, fully on par with any others of their basic type. Both guns and dies do have a tolerance range. So, if we get a die set that matches our gun very well it's luck, not "die quality", as such.

The Lee collet die is, IMHO, the best neck die for factory rifles on the market, at any price.
    The Factory crimp dies are also the best of that type available.

But, NO ONE can honestly suggest to tell you that using any tool or method or component, etc, will improve YOUR accuracy! All you can do is try what you're interested in, see if it helps.
    Last edited by 1hole; 12-11-2009 at 02:58 PM.

Boolit Master

I like the collet dies, but I am not fond of the factory crimp dies.

Both work great for me. I have many different companies dies but I get my best results using these two together.

Marlinreloader

Boolit Master

Most of my dies are Redding but I do have a couple of Lee's. I have several of the collet dies and the factory crimp dies. I have found the collet and crimp dies to be excellent. The only fault I have with Lee is in their seating dies. The seating stem aligns itself to the boolit instead of aligning the boolit to the case. For seating cast I use my homemade Hornady style dies.

Larry

Boolit Master
    Dale,

I use the Lee collet neck sizing die for three bottle-neck cartridges. Don't know if accuracy is improved but reckon, at least in theory, that it should. If nothing else, working the brass less is advantageous.

A .30-30 Lee Factory Crimp Die works as advertized, for a Winchester Model 94.