MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's it cost to go to your local gun show?

Boolit Master
    No cost to park, and as I have a buddy that always has a table, I have a pass to get in as a vendor....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    I refuse to pay for the privelege to get in somewhere to spend my money!!
    Jeff

Sometimes ...when you compare the cover charge/admission fee to what you would pay to go to the movies...well...sometimes the people watching at a gun show is more entertaining than any movie...more bang for your buck so to speak.

The people smelling at the gunshows, though, is another matter entirely.

I avoid the gunshows.

My one local gun club only charges $35 per year and has a dealer's account with Graf's. We used to have an account with Zander's too, where we could order in guns.

Boolit Master

There are two varieties of Gun Shows here in Vegas. One is crossroads of the west and the other by some old fart.

Both charge about $11 bucks or more at the door and the parking at Cashman Field is $3 for which you get nothing. They just hold you up in the driveway and provide nothing in the way of security at all. I usually park across the street behind a boxing gym and walk a block and save three bucks and prevent my vehicle from becoming a target for the thieves which abound in the area.

I leave nothing in view inside the cab of my truck and use a lock which immobilizes the vehicle as it holds the brake pedal up and you cannot stop the vehicle even if it is stolen. It can be towed but not driven away. It has worked so far.

The gun shows have been taken over by the couch rambos. The wannabees and their ilk have taken over and during the last three shows I went to I bought nothing and wasted my time. I am tired of looking a cheap goods from overseas in the form of 17 inch bowie knives, every part I could want for a AR 15 and assorted crapola that has little to do with shooting and hunting.

What firearms are there are overpriced and the primers and powders are mobbed until they run out of everything and that is usually by 2 PM on opening day.

Refreshments are very dear and lousy. I plan on staying home during the next one this weekend in VEgas.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery8mm View Post
    Jeff

you dont go to movies. to concerts: to plays: to the zoo: to state and federal parks ?

so even though a promoter has gotten a bunch of vendors from around the states to come to your locale, with stuff at price youcannot buy in your locale, you will not spend money to save money...

they are gun SHOW's where you have the oportunithy to spend money ...just like every venue i mentioned above..

no one forces you to spend money...but most of the rest of the world likes the deals the make at gun shows...
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Jeffery, what would it cost you to drive to the stores of a couple hundred gun dealers?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery8mm View Post
    Jeff
    Just curious if you go to your State or County fairs and if any of your Tee shirts or caps have advertising on them? If so did you buy them?
    I think we pay to get in anywhere we spend money be it Wal-Mart or Neiman Marcus, parking and entrance are all included in the cost.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

60 to 145 miles one way, $7 and $8 at the door, $1 coupons plentiful, free parking.

$1 at the annual Labor Day VFW show in Hillsville, which features a town wide Flea Market with 250,000 of your closest friends and guns EVERYWHERE.

And here in the almost free Commonwealth of Virginia, money and a handshake suffice for private sales.

Boolit Master
    Most expensive would be the 1500, $3 parking and $10 entry. Least expensive would be local shows, usually free parking and $5 entry.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Boolit Master

Five bucks at the door for three days, free parking. 25 dollars a year gets you a Montana Weapons collecter Society card, its good at most gun shows in the state for free admission.
    Most stuff there is on the high side, some is not. There are three a year in Bozo, the December show usually has the least good stuff cheap. The March and July shows are where somebody will get a table to unload used reloading tools and an odd mould or two.
    Some times I can buy a used book from Mike Venturino.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Master

Went to Tucson in Oct, guns were over priced, a bunch of other stuff too . . . primers were good price $30 . . . free parking, $9 entry, but $1 coupon, they "check" your gun! went through everything in about 3 hrs.

Tombstone free parking, $8 fee $1 coupon available, most things over priced, took me 45 mins . . . checked my guns!

Why do they have to confirm my gun is unloaded, then zip tie it and put a sticker on it? Drives me nuts!
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master
    I cannot premember if I posted yet in this thread, and it's tooooo long to go back and look. World's Largest Arms Show is Tulsa, Oklahoma, put on by Joe Wanenmacher (I am not an agent). It's at the Quick Trip/Expo Center at the county fair grounds and it is ten acres under one roof. It's freakin' huge! And, it's almost all guns. Lot's of walking. Lot's of good stuff. Some trail mix, t-shirt, mall ninja, and art tables, but held to a minimum. Last time I went went it was $10 at the door. Worth it? Only if you are shopping with a discount of some kind...
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Master in Heavens Range

$7 in the door, free parking, PITA in a wheelchair.

Sam
    Muddy Creek Sam
    |__
    ( o )\_
    USN 100% Disabled
    Dark Lord of The Soot
    SBSS# 2137
    LASSOOS#1957s
    SASS VET #131
    http://www.muddycreeksam.com

My Feedback!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=66946

Boolit Buddy
    "Why do they have to confirm my gun is unloaded, then zip tie it and put a sticker on it? Drives me nuts!"

Because they have no way of knowing you're not the mouth breathing dipstick with the IQ lower than a cinder block who had the unintentional discharge that nearly got 'em shut down a little while back. Be glad that there still are gun shows at all.

Gerry N.

$7 parking and $10 to get into the door. The shows get worse and worse. Good to get primers and powder.

Marlinreloader

Free parking and IIRC $4 entry for the two shows we have up here annually. Yippee.

As a vendor the last few years, table is $20 for the weekend.

I always run a gun show special and take off the price of the entry fee on the first item purchased off my table. If you buy something from me, I save you enough to pay for your admission. And no I don't mark everything up $4 and screw someone. The $4 comes off my normal every day retail price and I usually have a 10-15% sale on my ammunition at the show on top of that.
    "A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." - Aldo Leopold

Live generously.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 123.DieselBenz View Post
    Went to Tucson in Oct, guns were over priced, a bunch of other stuff too . . . primers were good price $30 . . . free parking, $9 entry, but $1 coupon, they "check" your gun! went through everything in about 3 hrs.

Tombstone free parking, $8 fee $1 coupon available, most things over priced, took me 45 mins . . . checked my guns!

Why do they have to confirm my gun is unloaded, then zip tie it and put a sticker on it? Drives me nuts!
    THE ZIP TIE is an insurance move that they did ensure the gun was empty and not in a fireable condition when let in.
    THE STICKER is to id guns as owned/not sold. sold guns typically has a different sticker. it is to minimize thieft. try walking out with a gun and no sticker..see what happens.

mike in co

Boolit Master

Never heard of either, but kinda makes sense, at least the sticker part . . . I normally carry a gun (cc) when I'm out and about, just seems silly that people can trust me taking my gun loaded into a bank, or even bar/restaurant, but not into a gun show . . .
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Ah, but you are hardly likely to be showing it off, handling it and otherwise have it unholstered in the bank. In a gun show, ALL those are fairly likely.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 123.DieselBenz View Post
    Never heard of either, but kinda makes sense, at least the sticker part . . . I normally carry a gun (cc) when I'm out and about, just seems silly that people can trust me taking my gun loaded into a bank, or even bar/restaurant, but not into a gun show . . .

like i said its an insurance thing...no loaded guns....i cannot imagine what the ins would cost them if they allowed ccw.

we had an attendee FAIL to clear a gun with the front door/police. got to a dealer and was looking for a trade. handed the gun to the dealer....who pronptly shot himself. yes the dealer errored...always treat a gun as loaded..BUT within the show, we EXPECT them to be empty.

stupid dealer, stupid customer, stupid gun show operator.....can't wait to see how the law suits go.

mike in co
    Last edited by mike in co; 12-10-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast