MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Case tumbler RPM question...

Quote Originally Posted by fecmech
    Fellows--I'm almost ashamed to show this but here it is my case tumbler. Consists of an old electric motor, some scrap helicopter bearings,some 2X4, a broom handle, a 3lb. coffe can and other scrap laying around. It will do about 200-300 pistol cases in about 1-1.5 hrs using Nu Finish car polish and cob media. I use the plastic lid from the coffee can by snapping it on and running a piece of masking tape around the edge. Cases are separated from media using one of those mesh lingerie laundry bags. The only thing I purchased was the two pulleys. Hardly an engineering marvel or joy to look at but it's been polishing cases for over 20 years now! Nick
    Looks fine to me!

In fact it looks kinda like what I envisioned as a tumbler I want to build using an old sewing machine motor and rheostat and 2 lb coffee can.....
    I just wonder if the lil' motor will have enough power....

Dennis

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LAH
    Well ANeat , that's A Neat tumbler. I have a couple plastic 55 gal. drums I thought might make a nice tumbler if I get back in the brass business. Thanks for the pictures. Is that a plywood base or metal?............Creeker

Thanks; The base is plywood, I didnt think the bottom of the bucket was strong enough by itself. There is a black iron pipe flange screwed to that, I just thread the bucket on and off when I empty it.

If I needed to do more I think I would go the route of a cement mixer.

Adam

fecmech/aneat,

Looks great!!!! Basically boolit casters are ones who are economicaly minded and creative.
    FREE MEN OWN GUNS, SLAVES DON'T ----- GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Boolit Mold
    Here's a picture of mine. Bought tumbler tumbler base and motor off ebay, made drum from 6 inch pcv. Rotates about 30 rpm. Works fine for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My Thumbler Model B runs at 24 RPM.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Banned
    It depends on the size of the baffles inside of the drum. HOWEVER, with that in mind ROUGHLY 1 RPS IS IDEAL. Mine runs at just under 1 rpS and I would like to slow it down a touch. 1 revolution per second is 60 rpm. So the ideal is from 30 rpm to 50 rpm.

Banned
    +1 on 30 to 50 rpm, I made one of each. search youtube, I made mine using heavy duty windshield wiper motors. 1 uses 1/2 x 3/4 aluminum angle from HD the other 3/4 x1 nylon cut at a 45* for baffles, both work well. I bought 2 gal buckets and screw on leak tite gamma lids from uline (cause I couldn't find them locally. with 5# of stainless pins, lemishine and car wash/wax I can doe 1000 9mm in 1 1/2 hr.

Boolit Master
    My Thumbler Tumbler with the 12 lb rubber drum turns 40 RPM
    EDG