Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pp another way

Boolit Master

Bullshop, what lube are you using?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hip's Ax
    Bullshop, what lube are you using?
    Most often I use BS#2 a black powder lube if I am not shure what powder they will be used with. If I know it will be smokless powder I use Speed Green.
    BIC/BS

The freebore throats are not being made any more they would shoot but were very time consuming to do so with . there is a fellow up in the dakotas that shoots origional loads and has checked numerous origional rifles .. if they have a 15 degree throat and a tight chamber theyshoot very accurately . my load in the 110 is 90 gns of Kik 2F and a 3/8 grease wad between 2.30 veg wads .. it shoots very clean .I use a blow tube with 2 breaths just so as not to tear the patch and my bullets are 447 before wrapping and will fall into the barrel from the breach end wrapped .. I have a taper in the bore so they will not fall thru the muzzle .I also use a 550 with 100 gns Kik 2F and it works well also these are shot out of a 15 # sharps .

i have a 26 in barreled rifle I made up for hunting and am trying to get it to work with these loads as they are clean .. I just have to work through the torque of the rifle and it will be fine........Dean
    lover of 74 sharps
    MYWEIGH scale merchant
    " i'll tell the story 10 different ways before I'll lie to you."

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar

Talking PPs

Thanks bullshop, I'll have to give them a try. Now a 230Gn 452 Boolit, Paper wrapped and travelling at warp speed in my 45/70? I'd like to see that!
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 4fingermick
    Thanks bullshop, I'll have to give them a try. Now a 230Gn 452 Boolit, Paper wrapped and travelling at warp speed in my 45/70? I'd like to see that!
    I used to load a 200gn swc .451 patched for small game in an origonal trap door carbine. It shot good enough to pick the head off a grouce at 30 yards or so. I shot them real light cant remember the load but was like a 22. Never did think of trying to engauge warp drive. That would be a job for a siamese not a trap door.
    BIC/BS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12