Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Guns sticky

Buy a safe don't put money on a door if the walls are still just drywall. If this room has cement walls I'd give the green light.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by daniel lawecki View Post
    Buy a safe don't put money on a door if the walls are still just drywall. If this room has cement walls I'd give the green light.
    Yeah, that makes sense....sure would like to make this closet idea work though. It's in the right spot in our house.

Boolit Master
    Colt Single Action Army,.357 Magnum,7.5 inch barrel,blue and case finish,SN 63774SA.Stolen in Tacoma,Wa. in 1980.Still on Tacoma PD stolen list.

Boolit Master
    I think that the motto for safe company`s is this."If you got the money,honey,we got the time".
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Perma-Banned
    Nothing worse than a thief, a liar is a close runner up but nothing really matches the thief! Just the thought of some low life scum of the earth rummaging through your belongings is enuf to turn me red in anger! Sorry to everyone on here that's went through this, I hope your items are recovered.

I had my Browning Citori stolen on Monday morning in Greenfield Indiana. I just ran across some pictures I have of it and would like for you guys to help me recover it.....hopefully! Thanks CASTBOOLITS

Note the finish issues on the barrels! This helps it stand out from the crowd. It was in a black soft browning shotgun case.

12ga Citori Serial # 10573NP753

My 1998 Citori was stolen from my truck which was parked in my driveway in Greenfield IN. The gun has some spots on the barrel where it rusted in the past. I cleaned the rust off with steel wool but there is still some discoloration (bare steel looking) circles on the barrel.. Modified flush mount factory choke was in the top barrel. Improved flush mount factory choke in the bottom barrel. Was in a black soft Browning brand case. I am pretty sure it was 28" barrel model

PM me or contact the Hancock County Sheriff's Office with any info.

Thanks again Guys and Gals!
    The road less traveled ain't for the faint of heart

Boolit Master
    My old service weapon was stolen years ago from my residence. It is a S&W model 39-2. Serial is A705146 I can provide service records from my old department, though I have long since retired
    "Investment" is the new "Throw money at it!"

Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents!
    Oh my!

Boolit Bub
    I had a Century 45/70 revolver stolen 1985, serial number 295.

Boolit Mold
    Here's some better news, one of my buddies was robbed 5 weeks ago. They got away with some things and tried to get his gun safe up the stairs. 2 weeks ago they were back, pried his safe open and got away with all of his guns. They missed the game camera he mounted on a fence post, they had the ***, 2 of them, in 2 days.

Boolit Master
    Outstanding.Hope they get hung by the family jewels with rusty razor wire.
    Leo
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Mold
    Nothing lower than a thief, a person that would rather steal from a honest person, than work to get the same. I had a friend that came home a few months ago and caught a man in his house stealing. He held his gun on the man until the police arrived.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Sad thing about stolen guns, After one of my Colts too a walk about I learned a few things. When its pawned they are not required to run the numbers to see if its stolen, If its traded in at a gun shop its not required to have the numbers run, So you gun can get stolen and sold traded time and time again and no red flag shows up. Oh if you find your gun in the pawn shop and they paid him for the gun you have to give them their money back.
    Now I am not a expert and this makes no sense at all but one of the reason so many guns never show back up.
    But if your gun is use in a crime they run the numbers and they contact lets say ruger, Then the find when it was shipped to the dealer which tells them which gun shop it was sent to along with the year and month it was shipped. Then they contact the gun shop and start looking in the book from that date froward until they find the buyer. After contacting the buyer if they sold the gun or lets say they traded it in at another gun shop and maybe can give a date they did the search goes on so maybe they get to the last guy that bought the gun going to use the word legal or on the books. And they tell him we found your gun and then that person should be able to get it back.
    Now on the other hand you buy your gun from a buddy or a fellow you trust and they find it the local police here tell me the gun goes back to the last one on the books no matter if you have a bill of sale or not then its up to your buddy or trust friend to give it back to you.
    Story for you guy buys a pistol from a fellow they are buddies and he loans it to one of his buds for one reason or another that guys gets depress and shoot himself. The first guy tells police that is his pistol and really like to have it back but its not on the books as his gun. The answer he gets is the last guy on the books can claim the pistol and if he wants to let you have it back fine if not hes out and has no claim to the pistol.

So I hate to say this but all these laws and paper work we have to keep everyone safe really is worthless and it the paper trail dies or they are lazy it stops.
    So if you got it new and your first on the list in the books or you have your numbers and report it stolen the red flag if the police ever run the numbers in a traffic stop and it shows you reported it stolen you may be in luck I am still waiting for a few to show up. But I am not holding my breath.

Disclaimer I am not a Lawyer or in Law enforcement just what I found out after having to file a police report about a stolen gun and asking ?s Things my work different in your area but kind of hopeless around here.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Master
    rp, what you say is not necessarily fact. If your firearm is reported stolen, that info goes into nics. you need to update it annually. get copies of your police reports with the ser.# documented. pawn shops are required by federal law to search data records thru nics for stolen reports. police depts have pawn shop liasons that do this. they do it here where I live.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Well are gun shops required to do the same search ? And as I stated I am not a lawyer or can not speak for what happens in your area just what I have seen here. I think if a thread was started on how many firearms have been returned it would be a lot shorter. This world is meth up and getting worst.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Master
    agreed

Boolit Master
    if a gun shop sells a stolen or an unknowingly stolen firearm, they are just plain flooking stupid.

Boolit Grand Master

Taking any the chance of selling a stolen gun is jeopardizing their livelihood. It is their future and any value in the company from the past.
    It would take a fool to do that.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by iron mule View Post
    45nut this is a good idea i have been keeping a list in my shop of guns stolen from my cas shooting pards and will start adding the ones reported here from my cast boolit pards also
    mule
    Many gunsmiths are now doing this.
    One of gun shops, gunsmith has a computer app for firearms, of which stolen guns is part of the program. The one he has is where a report was filed with LE.
    He has called LE several times when they show up.

Shiloh
    SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Several years ago I bought a Win 12 from a local shop. All rules and regulations were followed.
    When the LGS bought the gun it was entered in his records, with the guys ID that he got it from.
    Months later LGS calls me and told me gun had been stolen. A theft ring that had been breaking
    into rural homes in the northern part of the state, had been selling to individuals. The police and
    ATF were checking dealers records, when they found the Win 12 was one of these guns. They
    back tracked and found the crooks. The LGS returned my money, which he didn't have to, last
    guy with gun is loser. This gun had been through 2 legal sales before found. The sales were all in
    good faith, buy the book. Now my LGS does do a computer check. If they want to pass some new
    gun control, I think it ought to be a Federal offense to steal a gun. A mandatory sentence would
    take the "fun" out of it.

Boolit Master
    Yep.Mandatory 5 years no parole for each gun stolen.If multiple guns stolen,the convictions would have to served consecutively.(My spelling sucks).
    Leo
    Otto von Bismarck

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast