RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: First attempt at paper patching

Boolit Buddy

First attempt at paper patching

I just acquired a Ruger No 1 in 9.3X74R. Unfortunately no mold to be had, just jacked bullets. I had just received a group buy mold #358318 from N.O.E. The mold dropped boolits at .360 with ww and with a couple wraps of Fidelity onion skin paper I had boolits at .367.
    Yesterday was the test and I was not expecting a great deal.(think the worst and never be disappointed) I shot three loads, two with the #358318, one using gas checks and one without, all with a charge of 21 Gr's of 4759. The other load is with an old Lyman mold boolit #358009 which also dropped at .360. No gas check on the boolit. The charge was 20 Gr's of 4759. The first group with the #358318GC measured 1.6 in at 100 yds. The second group without gas check measured 1.7 in at 100 yds. The final group with the #358009 without gas check measured 1.3 in at 100 yds
    Not too bad for a first attempt at paper patching and the first fifteen rounds down the pipe. Can't seem to get photo bucket to post pictures of the targets other than the one attached which shows nuttin.
    Bullshot
    Bob
    You make your own reputation. No one makes it for you.
    NRA Benefactor

Boolit Master

Cool

Very nice find & good start Bob. Now try it in your hiwall with a 180/200 gr boolit. You might be suprized at what you'll find. mike
    Gun control 1ST ROUND ON TARGET.

Boolit Master
    Good going bullshot
    My 358318 mold from NOE was lost in the mail, but Swede was kind enough to build me another one and it should be here in a few days. I just bought a 9.3X74R myself in Oct. and really looking forward to PP the 358318 to shoot from said rifle.