Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

View Poll Results: What version do we want?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • .314+-98gr Keith

15 88.24%
  • .314+-98gr SWC

2 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a 32 Mag GB mould RCBS SWC or WC

HONCHO EMERITUS

Thumbs up Make mine a Keith!

The more I look at it the more I like that 32-98-K. Great job 45 2.1! Sure is nice to see them all together for comparison.
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

Boolit Master

Yep, 98 K for me too, I'm such a sucker for a real Keith boolit!

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Buddy
    98k for me.ive had good results with different weights of keith bullets in my 357.as long as it will drop .314+ with WWs.

Boolit Grand Master

I would go for either the 98 Keith or the 98 RF. I much prefer the crimp groove on those two. I don't have a Cowboy lever gun in this caliber but if I did I would definitely go for the 98 RF. It should function well in the Marlin. The Keith may or may not.

So, final with me is I will go with either the Keith or RF.

Dale53

Banned

my old single six birdshead would shoot it into an inch. My sp101 will do 3/4 of an inch. Terry Merbach bumbed a bunch from me and said his 4 smiths two in .32 special and two in 32 mag all shoot it into an inch. My buddy Al has a buckeye and said that with 32 mags it will go under an inch and just slightly over with the 3220. Now one thing you cant expect the first load you throw together to shoot an inch in any handgun. It takes a little work. But this bullet seems to work well with aa9 and lilgun on the heavy side and with bullseye on the light for me. One thing to keep in mind with the .32s is ive allways had a little better luck with them cast a little hard. In my guns i cast them out of 5050 ww/lyno and size to .312 A good starting load is either 9.5 grains of surplus wc820 or the same of lilgun. One more thing thats odd looking at my .32 data is that mag powders with 820 and lilgun have allways gave me alot bettter accuracy then standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by 45 2.1
    Lloyd-
    What kind of accuracy does great entail? I have never gotten this boolit to shoot better than 1 1/2" at 25 yds. My other boolits will beat it handily.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 05-08-2006 at 05:52 AM.

Boolit Master
    count me in on the 98 K or 98 SWC design.

Doc
    Last edited by Bodydoc447; 05-08-2006 at 09:22 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Another vote for the 98 K

-SSG Klaus

Boolit Grand Master

How many have we got on the list? I'm ready to go...

Dale53

Quote Originally Posted by Dale53
    How many have we got on the list? I'm ready to go...

Dale53
    Good point,It doesn't look like we have 25 though? Lets give it till this friday and then decide which mould .

Sean

Boolit Master

Rf

Quote Originally Posted by Dale53
    I would go for either the 98 Keith or the 98 RF. I much prefer the crimp groove on those two. I don't have a Cowboy lever gun in this caliber but if I did I would definitely go for the 98 RF. It should function well in the Marlin. The Keith may or may not.

So, final with me is I will go with either the Keith or RF.

Dale53
    I definitely agree with Dale 53 on the Round/Flat design as I'll bet the leverguns will love it. as for the Keith design, my bigger Marlin is finicky about feeding the SWC designs but eats up the round or round/flat ones.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 475/480
    Good point,It doesn't look like we have 25 though? Lets give it till this friday and then decide which mold .

Sean

ARGH!! I wish this wasn't right now..... Anyone want to buy my barracuda project car? Then I can replace the hot water heater... and buy a few more molds, and powder, primers, grrr owning your own home is a royal pain in the backside right now.

Greg
    NRA Life Member
    "Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety." - Ben Franklin, 1776
    Vis Sis Mis!

HONCHO EMERITUS

Talking I hear ya!

Quote Originally Posted by GregP42
    ARGH!! I wish this wasn't right now..... grrr owning your own home is a royal pain in the backside right now.
    Greg
    I'm in the same boat as of late! Just look at it this way, for all the hard work that you put into the place you deserve a little fun. Besides, when was the last time you had a chance to pick up a "Keith .32 six-banger."

Ramen Noodles aren't really that bad, are they?
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Ramen Noodles aren't really that bad, are they?

Yep, when you eat them about all the time to afford things you want, you learn how to make them taste pretty good.

Boolit Master
    The last time the group buy section went crazy like this I was on a Ramen diet for about 8 weeks. I wasn't sure if I had tapeworms or ate too many noodles. This too shall pass, as it is said. This .32 Keith is a truly providential for me. I just bought a new SP101 in .32 mag. The 120s shoot way high (I have ordered a new higher front sight) and this might split the difference.

Doc aka "Ol' Noodles"

Boolit Buddy
    Gang, on further reflection, I kinda like the RF design also; it's very close to the Meister that I currently shoot & both of my Rugers like, albeit a little heavier. So, put me down for either the Keith or RF; whatever the majority wants to go with.

P.S.- not to fond of Ramen but it will keep body & soul together, I prefer the Scotch Buy Mac & Cheese it stretches out the chili quite well.

-SSG Klaus
    Last edited by klausg; 05-09-2006 at 10:15 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

I can't honestly say I have a cash flow problem. My problem is I am trying to not go "nuts" and buy every group buy out there. MOST of them appeal to me but I just don't NEED most of them.

However, this particular GB does indeed pique my interest seriously. I AM READY!

I am continually amazed with all of the interest in the .32 H&R Magnum. I thought that I was the only goofy person around.

I have all of the .32's that I need but I have been looking at that Ruger SP101 with increasing interest. Please tell me that it's "junk" and I won't like it. Please, please!

Dale53

Boolit Master
    Dale,

Man, I hate to do this to you but it is a dream! Even came from the factory with a pretty decent trigger. The front sight needs replacing because I like heavier bullets like the 120s from the group buy a while back. Shot those into nice groups but about 6 inches above point of aim. SDM Fabricating made a S&W partridge sight .220" height that fit the SP101 for a fellow named "Woody" on the sixgunner veteran site. He put me on to them. I corresponded with Scott Mulkerin who is going make me one, too. I'll report on it when I get it. Not too much of a gamble for $25 delivered. In any case ought to make a real dandy woods-bumming gun.

I was thinking I was the oddball, too. I have a real affection for the .32s, magnum and otherwise. My wife has a Ruger single six "vaquerolito" she really enjoys.

Doc
    Last edited by Bodydoc447; 05-09-2006 at 01:09 PM.

HONCHO EMERITUS

Quote Originally Posted by Bodydoc447
    Dale,

Man, I hate to do this to you but it is a dream! Even came from the factory with a pretty decent trigger................. In any case ought to make a real dandy woods-bumming gun.

Doc
    Just what I didn't need to hear! You guys are gonna make me cry!!!!!!!!!
    -Matt

Boolit Grand Master

Doc;
    >>>Man, I hate to do this to you but it is a dream!<<<

I was afraid you were going to say that. Lord have mercy! I already have a S&W stainless 4" kit gun, a 16-4 (blue 6" with full underlug barrel), a TC Contender with a 10" SSK (JD Jones) barrel and a TC Contender Carbine (22"). I "really" need another one. It Could happen...

Dale53

Boolit Master
    Dale,

<<SUPPORTIVE MODE ON>> You really don't need one. There are just really , really nice. <<SUPORTIVE MODE OFF>> REALLY nice.

Doc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast