RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Lee 310Gn 44 Boolit in 92 Rossi.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar

Lee 310Gn 44 Boolit in 92 Rossi.

has anybody used this boolit in a carbine? I shot at a Cowbow Action Match the other week and they shot a pistol silouette match using the pistol calibre rifles. It was a hoot, but I thought that the heavier bullet could be driven near to the 1400fps cieling which should produce good results on the rams.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Buddy
    Mick,

I keep checking this post to see if there is any response as I would like to try this boolit in a Win Legacy in .44 myself. I too am curious as to how it performs in a rifle.

BS

Boolit Grand Master

A friend used this bullet with good results (Ruger .44 mag auto). I can't give you any loading data, however.

Dale53

Moderator Emeritus

WC820, 1550 fps, Rossi 92. Shoots good , kicks like a mule. Gianni.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

Gianni;
    >>>kicks like a mule<<<

You ain't seen NOTHIN' until you try that bullet in a 4" model 29 Smith. I believe that I can feel the revolver "screwing off" the bullet when fired. Serious recoil, that's for sure. It's not just the recoil but also the torque.

Dale53

Boolit Grand Master
    Dale--

I'm glad I'm not the only one who discerns torquing with M-29's, esp. the 4" with high-value loads. They are not much fun. Toned down to 1200 FPS, the Keith #429421 becomes right civilized.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar

Got torque with my Blackhawk as well.

With the 240Gn boolits and 24Gns 296, My 5.5" NMSBH twists significantly due to the torque (Winchester recommended load is 24Gn with jacketed and 25 Gn wiith lead, but the biggest load allowed to be dumped by the Lee autodisk is 24, so I go with that). It also moves my face around- into a big grin
    mick.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master

Speaking of torque with a .44 Mag

The Colt Anaconda has a left-hand twist, which torques the revolver clockwise. With right-handed shooters this is not a problem, but with a left-hander like myself, it throws the frame away from the cylinder without the meaty part of the hand to back it up, at the same time as the gun going back in recoil will get away from the cylinder lock if the spring is slightly weak.
    Results: with heavy loads the cylinder popped open every shot. Had to send it back to the factory twice to get a fix. Sold it to a friend in coastal Alaska, who was happy with it until he got a S&W 629, and wanting money for another gun sold it back to me.
    (Another moral to this story - if you sell a good gun you like, insist on a right of first refusal to buy it back if your friend doesn't like it after awhile.)