Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Win 95 30US

In Remebrance

Win 95 30US

Just looking for a price check on a Win Mod 95, the original one, not the re-issue, in 30-40 Krag, about 22" barrel, fair condition, not a minty job, barrel sights, no recv'r sight, wood is ok, nothing special. And no, it's not for me.

You can't even give a good guess without photos. Unless it is a carbine version with the top wood, it is not likely that it came from Winchester with a 22" barrel. Standard was 26". The amount of blue left makes a big difference in price. I would guess a low of $700 to a high to $1,250.

Five years ago, I bought a 1899 vintage Win 95 (30 US) with about 70% blue and original finish on the wood. The barrel had been shortened to 24" and it once held a Lyman 36 sight, now gone. The price was $750 and I almost broke my arm reaching for my checkbook.

Boolit Master
    There's a 95 SRC in 30-40 at one of the local shops around here in about 75% with a nice bore. The price on that one is $2150
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    I think Charger might be a little low, also. I have been looking also and have seen several from $1,500 to $2,000 in a condition that sounds a lot like what you described. They were definitely NOT mint at those prices. 75% tops.

Boolit Buddy

Smile

My FFL has two SRCs, nice condition for approx $1600 and $1900. Nice for their age, but he has had them about a year with no takers. I would bet that about 1300 would buy the one and maybe 15-1600 for the nicest. I have a Browning 1895 which really shoots great. Still see them on occasion around the Net for $750ish.

Bob

Looks like prices have gone up...I am glad I got mine when I did.

Boolit Grand Master
    I looked at a NIB Rising Sun 1895 a few months ago in 30-40......was $950 IIRC.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy

Smile

I paid $550 for mine in the late 90s. I really like it with cast. I have considered one in 30'06 but never saw one at a reasonable price when the lust was on me. I love '03 Springfields and am not sure I need another type of '06 that would cost me more than another nice 03.

My 1895 has been drilled and tapped and a Lyman rear aperture sight is on it. I think the one that fits it is the same one for the 1886 Winchester. It really made a big difference in accuracy.

I think I get as many people stopping to watch me shoot that rifle and remarking on it ("Wow! What is that thing?") as I do when I shoot the chrome plated Springfield Mark I ("Wow! I didn't know those came in stainless steel.")

Bob

Everything Winchester took a hefty jump in price right after the plant closing announcement. Even beat up old 94's of recent manufacture jumped $100-$200 overnight. Nicer collectable versions of most models have gone way up, at least in this neck of the woods.
    Born OK the first time.

In Remebrance

I figured around $700.00 would be fair, I guess I was low. I thought the barrel was cut, now I'm sure. I don't think this is going to my friend if the price goes much higher than $700.00. An '03 or Krag or Win 70 in similar condition (yes, photo's would help) would be a $250-350.00 gun. Thanks guys.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpr. Bret
    I figured around $700.00 would be fair, I guess I was low. I thought the barrel was cut, now I'm sure. I don't think this is going to my friend if the price goes much higher than $700.00. An '03 or Krag or Win 70 in similar condition (yes, photo's would help) would be a $250-350.00 gun. Thanks guys.
    I got a sporterized Krag recently with a period Lyman peep sight . And I have about $300 tied up in it.
    This gun was "sporterized" a good while back . Whoever did it went to a fair amount of trouble and did a good job. Normally I do not like that type of thing , but for some reason I liked this one. The sight and the fact that the bore is bright didn't hurt either
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines