WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Save Winchester

Save Winchester

Got this link from over at the Gunblast.com site. Those who love their Winnies as I do might want to check it out an lend their support. Happily, 26,000 people per day are doing just that! Who knows, might send a message to to Washington....

Dennis

www.savewinchester.com

Boolit Master
    Quote from the sight " I date the beginning of the end for Winchester from that time; the Company never really recovered from the debacle of 1964."

I agree.....Buck
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Winchesters failing is of their own making. In the face of a huge demand for lever and pump action carbines and rifles like the '73, the '92 and the '62; Winchester in their infinite wisdom brought us a short action bolt gun chambered for magnum cartridges that may have satisfied an esoteric arguement for a beltless magnum, yet did nothing to meet any real demand for either firearms or cartridges that were in demand by real customers with real money to spend.

USARC is finding out the hard way what happens when a compnay ceases to be responsive to the market it relies on for it's welfare. I feel bad for the employees who are paying the heaviest cost of USARC's lack of insight. It is difficult to feel bad for those who created this failure.

Personally, I would rather not see Winchester thrown on the ash heap of history. I LIKE my Winchesters both old and new. Shooter support will hopefully help convince Michael Blank to save this firearms icon from extinction. Read Gunblast's article for the entire story:

The Effort to Save Winchester
    by Jeff Quinn

April 25th, 2006

A few months ago, the shooting world was shocked to hear the sad news that Winchester would no longer produce the Models 94 and 70 rifles, nor the Model 1300 shotgun. The shotgun part didn’t really bother me, as I never liked the 1300 anyway. I hated to see the demise of the Model 70, as the latest ones built seemed to be getting better all the time. However, I was heartbroken to learn of the demise of the beloved Model 94 levergun.

Right after the announcement that Winchester was closing its doors at the New Haven firearms manufacturing plant, there were rumors that other gun makers were looking into the purchase of the facility or at least the equipment and manufacturing rights, but nothing came to fruition, and the cause seemed hopeless, at least to me.

However, there is now in progress an effort to revive the plant in New Haven. It is being led my Michael Blank. I do not know much about the man, except that he is the owner of St. Louis Arms, and that he has a background as an investment broker and also in the gun industry. He has been in contact with everyone involved, from the mayor of New Haven to the owners of the plant in Herstal, Belgium. He has put everything on the line in this endeavor, and I wish him the best of luck.

To learn more about the effort to save what is perhaps the greatest name in American firearms, go to the website: www.savewinchester.com.

Whether you are interested in investing in the project, or just to offer your moral support, go visit the website for the latest news on the project, or to voice your opinion of which Winchesters that you would like to see resurrected.

Mr. Blank is running against time in this effort, and I pray that he can pull it off. Other American gun makers have nearly expired in the past, but were brought back from the brink by enthusiastic, hard-working men with a vision. Michael Blank has a vision of a resurrected Winchester. Let’s offer our support.

Jeff Quinn
    Last edited by Bucks Owin; 04-29-2006 at 01:29 AM.

Boolit Master
    You know that Marlin has already bought all of Winchester's machinery
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika
    You know that Marlin has already bought all of Winchester's machinery
    No, hadn't heard that. Apparently S&W were thinking of getting into the act....

Where did you hear about Marlin?

Thanks,

Dennis

Hope it's true!

Banned
    I posted that a month ago in the other winchester thread. I have a friend that is a machinist at a shop in colorado that made parts for Winchester. He told me of all the parts they had made that they scraped because there was no funds for them.

Joe