Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: .38 boolits in a 380?

.38 boolits in a 380?

so my wife has expressed an intrest in a 38 specal revovler. i looked into a mold to load with, and found that lee makes a 6 cavity 105 grain mold (.038"). it immediatly got me thinking about my 380's i do not think there would be any problem sizing these down to .356" at all. anybody tried this?? i have thought about a 380 mold, but absoloutly hate the thought of a 2 cavity mold only for it. the mold i looked at is a lee 358-105-swc. i guess the only possible issue would be feeding a swc through an automatic. i do it in the 40 s&w with no issues, but the 380 is already so short, i dont know if i would have to seat the boolit any deeper.

Boolit Master

Not a problem in sizing them down if the .380 will feed them. Lyman lists a load for the 125 grain 358242 125 grain version so what you have should work......if it will feed./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

I shoot them in my Walther PPK/S. My favorite load is 4grs of AA #5 and seat them at .955. 2.4 grs of Red Dot is not bad either. Feeds flawlessly. My most accruate boolit for my .380 . Sizing them to .356 is not an issue.

Boolit Master
    Might not need to size them down at all. Slug first, worry about sizing later, if at all.
    Sometimes you gotta wonder if democracy is such a good idea.