Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever love a dog? I did,and he died today

Boolit Master

As my name implies, I am a dog guy so I understand your loss. A good dog is hard to part with and I hope like heck that I meet up with mine in the end. I would like to sit back and just have a conversation with those fine friends as I miss them.
    Michael

Boolit Master
    I have never had greater or more loyal friend than mine. I still remember all of then. When one has been called home another one seem to be sent to keep me company. I will be buried with them.

A dog dead...i buried/burned 11 of those muds...some will hit you deeper, some you will forget in one month.
    The truth...you will never forget them.
    My deepest sympathy is with you, this is something a human will never get used to, not even after 11.
    My oldest now is 12 years, one of 5 and one of 3, they will go.(avarage life for my breed is 8 to max 10 btw).
    Good luck.
    Caster/reloader for 45 years.
    Many thanks to this forum to help me shoot lead in semi auto(223) and my 308 (dad) rifle!!!
    Find the puppy in my profile pic..(4 dogs)

Moderator Emeritus

Cactus Farmer I am so sorry for your loss! Dogs are so important to us and they are with us virtually all the time. Mine refuse to allow us to have bad day! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Buddy Jr for you sir!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

So sorry and have loved a few. We now have a cute 11# white fuzz ball that just turned 10 and is just like a child. Dreading the inevitable but the years of love and joy are worth the pain at the end.

Moderator Emeritus

Post is from 2009 folks. Sorry for any loss but not a recent event.

I truly feel your pain, condolenses!

Lost my old faithful last year after 17 years and said there wouldn't be another. That was until the daughter presented a little mini dashound! So help me I'm smitten again!

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Great looking pup B.A.W!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Farmer View Post
    My toy poodle died today. 4 years old and the light of my life.....A joy to my soul.
    He met me every day at the door and was always happy to see me........slept by my head every night and "knew" when I had a crappy day......Damn..........No sleep for me tonight. Buddy was my pal. Maybe the girl poodle he just mated with will make a Buddy junior......I'll pray for that. Someone in heaven just got a great dog.
    I am truly sorry for your loss; A family member that was just called home; I have had many family members called home over the last 74 years; each a very special family member in there own right........ A new dog, a new family member; will not replace BUDDY, but will make his loss easier; BUDDY will never die; he lives in your heart and memory for ever... My condolences......

Boolit Master

Don’t wanna take anything from the OP but his post was more than 14 years ago & hopefully have moved on from a terrible loss.
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12