Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Wideners
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lead Ingots For Sale - Buyer's Choice

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettT/C View Post
    I need to buy WW for casting bullets and want to know the wait time on orders?

Thanks
    Brett

Hi Brett,

I should have all clip-on WW's smelted within the next week. I am aiming actually of completing this task this week, but much depends upon the weather. And, I have presently have 12 people on the waiting list (according to my notes, but when the time comes, I will have to double check by comparing my notes to the PM's and posts here in this thread). You would be 13th; and I simply may not end up with enough ingots for all on my list with the present supply of raw WW's on hand. I will do another post after I finish casting the clipon WW's, to advise the actual pounds of ingots I have in stock - then start contacting people on the list. I will be spacing out shipments to a few people at a time (to save on my back and the postal clerks' backs as well).

As you can see by my previous post, the actual "yield" of ingots is obviously less than what I collect (due to the non-meltables, the garbage, and also, the stickies are cast separately).

I am on call to pick up WW's, so I never know when I will be getting more.

So, to err on the side of caution, if you can purchase WW lead elsewhere, then you may want to do this since I may simply not have enough on hand to sell to you. I will place you on the list (but with no obligation whatsoever) and, if I don't have enough with this batch, you'd be next in line with a new batch.

Again, I will report back when I have the clipons cast.

Thanks!

~ K
    My Feedback Thread!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

For current pricing and lead information, please see Post #1 of my VS thread:

**** http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ice&highlight=

And to see what I am up to, please visit my Facebook page!

Boolit Mold

I am interested in getting 2 boxes of range lead if you have any in stock.

Boolit Mold
    Quick question. Does any of you use this lead for fshing sinkers? Any reason it wouldn't work? Thanks from the new guy

Boolit Mold
    sent pm

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun Kid View Post
    sent pm
    PM received and responded to.... in addition to requested email. THANKS A BUNCH.

With kind regards,

~ Kathie
    My Feedback Thread!

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfisherman View Post
    Quick question. Does any of you use this lead for fshing sinkers? Any reason it wouldn't work? Thanks from the new guy
    Hi,

Not that I am the person you perhaps had in mind to answer your question, I can tell you that I have many customers (many from the Ebay) that use my lead for fishing sinkers and downriggers. Both my range lead and WW lead has worked quite well. I had a customer, who also is a forum member, buy over 1000 pounds of my range lead for his fishing sinker casting operation.

~ K
    My Feedback Thread!

Boolit Mold
    Captain You were exactly the person I had in mind to answer Thanks much.

Boolit Mold
    Captain,
    PM sent your way.

Vendor Sponsor

Clip On WW status

Hi to those on my WW Clipon ingot list;

I finished casting yesterday, and I have enough lead to satisfy the first 13 people on the list who have been waiting for this lead.

I plan to start contacting a couple of people at a time to see if still interested; if not, I will simply move to the next person on the list.

Today is stickie casting; and I will contact those on the stickie list once this task is complete.

With kind regards,

~ Kathie
    My Feedback Thread!

Boolit Bub

WW status

Hi Kathy;

PM sent.

Thanks
    Glenn

Vendor Sponsor

Lead operations ceased at the moment due to tornado

Quote Originally Posted by birddog 6 View Post
    Hi Kathy;

PM sent.

Thanks
    Glenn
    Hi to all,

I am sharing with you the PM I have sent to some people inquiring about WW lead (all has been cast).

After reading what happened, I trust people will understand. And I made the news, but was too busy to watch TV off the outside antenna.

With kind regards,

~ Kathie

And my PM follows:

All lead processing/handling/packing, etc has ceased due to a tornado touching down across the street from my house and my having a neighbor's 40-50' tall maple tree fall on my roof. It broke a skylight, I think dimensions are around 3 by 5 feet; propelling thousands of shards of glass throughout the room (which houses my printers and computers). Fortunately I was not in the room at the time. I had over 2 inches of rain water in my kitchen since part of this tree landed on the other side of my house and punched a hole in the flashing of the kitchen's skylight.

Trusting you understand.

I am on generator power (12KW Generac run on propane). Had a restoration company come in last night to clean up the mess of glass; and set up dehumidifiers and heaters; I had tank filled yesterday and it was at about 85%; in about 19 hours time, it is now at 30%. I shut down the heaters. All power had been shut off to my section of town, and last night, the other part of my town has power. So, my section has been without power since about 2:45PM Thursday afternoon. I tried to get another fillup, but being 11:45PM when I started to make calls, it is too late. So, it has to be emergency service, and one company that I used in the past, wants an extra $200. So, I shut off generator, and I think I will run for a few hours at a time to keep a freezer and regular refrig/freezer running. In the freezer, I have about 100 pounds of Waterloo Buffalo meat, and cannont afford to lose this. I will do research on how long stuff remains frozen when power is lost. I seem to recall around 18 hours. So, I will probably run generator in 8 hours increments; 8 on, 8 off, and hope that my side of town will get its power back. << Did some research after writing this. I found from USDA website the following, so I will make adjustments accordingly: Keep the refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible to maintain the cold temperature. The refrigerator will keep food safely cold for about 4 hours if it is unopened. A full freezer will hold the temperature for approximately 48 hours (24 hours if it is half full) if the door remains closed. Obtain dry or block ice to keep your refrigerator as cold as possible if the power is going to be out for a prolonged period of time. Fifty pounds of dry ice should hold an 18-cubic foot full freezer for 2 days. Plan ahead and know where dry ice and block ice can be purchased.>>

I have thousands of dollars of damage down to my home and my home comes before lead. But I won't forget you.

I will write back once my home situation gets better; I have plywood and tarp over the upstairs hole; and tarp on downstairs hole. More rain is expected.

Take care for now.

~ Kathie
    My Feedback Thread!

Boolit Bub
    Kathy;
    So sorry to hear this.

PM sent

May God bless
    Glenn

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Oh No! Prayers for a quick recovery Kathie!
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Bub
    Kathie, praying the best for you...

Boolit Buddy
    Stay safe Kathie!

See if a friend has a gasoline generator available and you can keep the freezers going while you arange for more propane.

Good luck!

Vendor Sponsor

Tornado Update

Hi,

Just want to let you know that the power was restored 5:30PM Saturday, the day I had looked at the tank and the dryers and humidifiers used 50% of the 80-85% propane in the tank. I decided to shut off the equipment and shut down the generator. And, thankfully, I did not have to take any further action due to power coming on.

What I did not tell in the post, that I had the police called to my house on Friday morning (generator had been running since Thursday afternoon). It was a professionally installed generator, not exceeding noise limits, and had been installed in 2003. It self exercises once a week. A neighbor complained about it, and there had been a reverse 911 call from the Mayor's office (I am not on this alert call system, sign up is voluntary), but apparently this lady is. And the story relayed to me was that it was an ORDER from the mayor to have people TURN OFF their generators. This made no sense to me. So, in VERY BRIEF comments here, the officer did not state how this ORDER was conveyed. I had asked to see it in writing. Oh, I learned today at the mayor's office (to get the correct info), that the message was sent out - but not an order - but the mayor asking people to refrain from using generators due to possible fire and safety hazard. Anywhoo, I told the officer that my generator was professionally installed, had permits, and was signed off by the town's building inspector. From this, it went on to odor of propane, then the police calling the building inspector, a SGT and eventually LT arriving. After 2 hours, I was able to keep my generator running. I had if off for just a few moments initially when asked to turn it off. But more on this later.

It was stressful enough to go thru what I did, but to have the busy body cause me more grief.

Well, what goes around comes around.

More later.

~ K
    My Feedback Thread!

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Not gonna be pretty there when things really,,REALLY go bad.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Boolit Master

That neighbor will probably be the first one begging at your door for assistance in a real emergency.

Boolit Master
    I bet it makes you feel good that you did it all above board! Does your neighbor know your situation? The next time she is building a fence, or you see a new water heater in the back of her truck I would call the county!
    Lotta people die in bed: Dangerous place to be!

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast