Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Lathesmith's Star dies

Boolit Master
    Hi Jimmie, sorry about that, I must have overlooked making them with a single row of holes. I'm be happy to swap them out for you if you like, or send you some shot to plug those. Just let me know.

Thanks,
    lathesmith

Lathesmith I currently purchased a new star from Magma Eng and am looking for a flanged style sizing die and punch for my 454 cassul. Currently using the lee 300gr gc mold but may also get a couple others in the future. Most of the mold designs I am looking at are singe lube groove however some are dual grooved so the die needs to consider both styles. I am thinking that 2 rows of holes will be the way to go. I am still working out the die sizing as the cylinder will just fit a 454 sized slug through it but have not slugged to bore as of yet.
    The star is also equipped with the bullet feeder.
    currently I have a magma die for .460 for my 45-70s and my also purchase 2 locking punch nuts as it seems to help with the change over for one caliber to another.

need to figure out payment and ordering details so I can finaize details and order

Thanx
    warren

Boolit Master
    Hi Warren, reply sent, check your Private messages.

Thanks,
    lathesmith

Boolit Mold
    Chris, I need a .502 size die for my Ballisti-cast sizer. Send me your link to maypoman@comcast.net

Thanks

Boolit Master
    Will do, thanks.

lathesmith

Lathesmith I did the measurements as mentioned in the post that started our original conversation.
    I will need the following items for my Star sizer.

Please fab the dies with only the number of rows lube holes to suit the bullet drawings shown. Just to minimize plugging extra rows with shot.

1 punch, locking punch nut and a flanged style sizing die for the two bullets in the 46-420 and 46-360 dwg below. Sized to .4595

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46-360HG.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	148707Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46-420HG.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	148708
    1 punch , locking punch nut and a flanged style sizing die for the bullet as shown in the 45-300 dwg below. Sized to .454
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45-300LG.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	148709
    note as mentioned before I am running the auto feeder on the star this is the main reason for the flanged die request.

Instead of shipping to Canada I will get you to ship them to family in UTAH as I will be there in 3 weeks for our annual hunting trip.
    let me know the cost and I will send the PayPal payment and shipping address to you as soon as I can

If you need any further info or questions answered let me know... be happy to answer them for you sir.
    Thanks Warren
    Relaxation = Hunt Fish n Camp

Boolit Master
    That sounds fine Warren, PM incoming to confirm details.

Thanks,
    lathesmith

Lathesmith
    PayPal payment sent please let me know you recieved it address included in the payment notes
    Thankyou sir

Looking forward to this

Boolit Master
    Got you taken care of Warren, thanks.

Boolit Mold
    Chris
    I sent an email but it looks like PM may suit you better. I am looking to purchase a 22cal flanged type with a flat punch. PM sent.
    Life Member ......​ NRA

Chris I got the dies n punches..... thankyou. Can't wait to put them to work. Just got back from the hunt in Utah and tagged a nice 5x6 bull.... been busy cutting meat lol. Next task cast lube n size .... dies will get put to good use soon.

Boolit Master
    Congrats on the successful hunt Warren! Sounds like you have enough meat to last awhile, and will be back to casting and sizing soon.

Boolit Mold
    Chris,
    Received the Star die today ..... looks great ..... thanks alot. Looking forward to using it. Will be ordering more soon ....again thanks

John

PS. You should put your name on them instead of the one on it .... LOL
    Life Member ......​ NRA

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the feedback John, I appreciate it!

Boolit Mold
    Chris,

I need a .378 diameter star sizing die and cupped bullet punch for this die. How do we do business? I would prefer to order over the phone or by regular mail. I would need a phone number or address. Thanks in advance.

Boolit Master
    Hi Alan, message sent by email, let me know if you don't receive it.

Thanks,
    lathesmith

Boolit Mold
    Hi Chris,

Got the e-mail, appreciate the response. Will send more info via e-mail.

Alan

Boolit Bub
    Good Morning,

Just checkin' on the cost of a .452 die and mailing address. Thx in advance . . . K. Curtiss, Sierra Vista, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by lathesmith View Post
    Hello all, as many of you know, I specialize in making dies for the Star, Magma Star, and Ballisti-cast bullet sizing machines. You get what I consider to be a good value in die making--at a reasonable price! Currently, I offer the standard factory flange-style dies, these run $42 shipped. These dies are hardened to better than 50+Rockwell. I have a "standard" lube hole design, that consists of 3 rows of holes spaced .125 or so apart, with the first row approximately .750 from the top of the die. If you want or need something different, just send me a message and we can discuss your needs.

I also make punches for the Star; the regular flat punch runs $15 and a "dished" punch runs $17 Plain punch nuts are $4 each, and the punch nuts with setscrews are $7. These ship free if purchased with your dies. One more item I also offer for the Star: a roller L-handle. These run $28 each shipped.
    Update: I now offer punches and punch nuts with setscrews for the Ballisti-cast MK VI sizer. The punches are the same price as listed above for the Star. The punch nuts with setscrews are $4 each, or $35/10.
    Your dies normally ship about a week after I receive your payment; check or money order for payment is fine. If you wish to order or have questions about your Star die and punch needs, just send me a PM or email and I'll do my best to fix you up! I'll be adding and updating this listing in the next several days; thanks to all of you here at the forums for making this possible, with a special thanks to Ken.
    Good shooting,
    Chris

Boolit Master
    Hi SS,
    Reply sent by private message, check your inbox.

Thanks,
    Chris

Boolit Mold
    Hello Chris
    New to this castboolits form. I would like to purchase a set of your dies and top punch for my Star, Magma Starlube-sizer in size .458 for 45/70 gov cast bullets. Could you please inform me how to go about purchasing these.
    Thanks
    CTW AMMO
    Calvin

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast