Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: "360 200Gr SWC NOE Group Buy"

EDK, I hate the winter too, always have, and I'm only 37, so I guess that makes me more of a wimp. I'd much rather it be 95 than 25.

I cast a very small set of PB and GCHP boolits. I'm headed to the range Wednesday unless something comes up, so I'm going to try and load up a few rounds for the Handi-Rifle .357 Max before then, and maybe a couple to try in a handgun. I probably don't have enough cast for both though, so I'll probably stick with the .357 Max for now.
    "The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Landric

Honcho for NOE .38-200 Mk. I British Round Nose Group Buy

Smile

My mould just arrived today ! I am seasoning it as I type this and hope to get a little casting in later today . Thanks again Al , for another terrific looking mould !!! Best of the season to you and yours and to all a happy, safe and prosperous new year !

Boolit Master

Testing and OT

I couldn't stand looking at these boolits and not shooting some any longer. I used 3.5 of TITEGROUP in 357 brass, sized to .358, lubed with a concoction of LLA/JPW and some carnuba (that got it too stiff to tumble/dip lube with unless it is heated.) I'd been using this with the MIHEC 148 grain HBWC on the DILLON, so it was just adjusted for the longer nose.

It was 40 degrees and overcast. Used a 5.5 inch Original Size VAQUERO in blue/cch with blackened original sights and an ALPHA PRECISION trigger job. I got 2X2 inch groups after getting the bore conditioned to the lube....as good or better than the gun has done with what I've fed it so far. A little work with sizing diameters might be interesting...I have a .361 die from LATHESMITH that really helped my 357 Cowboy Rifles, but these are .360 as cast. (My groups with the 44 VAQUEROS afterwards were about the same as these.)

Winter really cuts down on my shooting. Leave for work at 5:30 AM and get home at 4:30-to-5PM. Vacation this week, but first cold and now melting snow makes it hard to get down to the shooting range out back. Six inches of snow on top of wet leaves on a steep slope! I stretched 5/8 nylon rope from tree to tree for a hand rail.

Boolit Mold

360 - 200gr swc

Hi Swede. Received my mould yesterday. It looks great. Cant wait to prep & cast my first boolits. South African greetings to all shooters joined on this site. Smous

Boolit Mold
    Hi Swede. Received mine on the 31-12. It looks great. Cant wait to cast the first boolits.

Smous

Anyone have any experiences to share yet?

Landric

Boolit Mold

Rounds for Sale?

Would anybody out there be willing to mold up and sell a 100 rounds?

I'd love to give them a try!

Mark Workman
    119 S Pine
    Little Rock, AR 72205

Boolit Mold
    Hi Swede. Is this GB over & done with or is there still may be an extra 4 cav PB. I have a 2 cav PB. Shot about 150 rounds with my Llama Com III 357 in front 5.8gr of our MP200 (South African) powder. Doing +- 1000 ft/s. Using it for pin shooting. Its shifting the bowling pin with easy from a 900mm table. Even sized a few to 356 and that felt even beter than the 357 size. Going to test more. Smous

Quote Originally Posted by Smous View Post
    Hi Swede. Is this GB over & done with or is there still may be an extra 4 cav PB. I have a 2 cav PB. Shot about 150 rounds with my Llama Com III 357 in front 5.8gr of our MP200 (South African) powder. Doing +- 1000 ft/s. Using it for pin shooting. Its shifting the bowling pin with easy from a 900mm table. Even sized a few to 356 and that felt even beter than the 357 size. Going to test more. Smous
    Smous, I think all Swede has in stock on this mould are a 2 Cavity 2PB and a RG4 4 Cavity 4GC. Here is the link to the sale thread on this mould:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=100258

If neither of those work for you, I have a 4 Cavity 2PB 2GC that I might be willing to part with. Its new, I haven't cast anything with it as of yet.

Or, if a round nose would work for you, I'm trying to get a buy started for a 200 grain RN intended for the .38/200 loading of the .38 S&W. Here is a link to that:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=105122

Quote Originally Posted by MarkWorkman View Post
    Would anybody out there be willing to mold up and sell a 100 rounds?

I'd love to give them a try!

Mark Workman
    119 S Pine
    Little Rock, AR 72205
    Mark, I'd be happy to cast you some up, but I'm not sure how soon I could do it. Perhaps this weekend, perhaps not.

Landric

Haven't shot it yet, but just something to look at:

Sized to .358 in a Lyman 4500 with Carnauba Red.

Boolit Buddy
    Louisianaman was kind enough give me a ziploc bag full of some of these that he had cast up. Loaded them up with a best guess load that would be as quiet as possible from a 18.5" Handi Rifle. I was VERY pleased with the result.

I have no idea of the elevation, but we were in a pretty hilly part of Kentucky. Temp was mid 70s.

Caliber .357 mag

Bullet: NOE 200 LSW - Seated to crimp normally in the crimp groove.
    Powder: Red Dot, ~ 4.2 grains
    Brass: mixed
    Primer: Winchester Small Pistol

S&W 686 2.5" - 829.9, 846.02, 842.78, 804.53, 874.76, 833.44
    Avg 838.57 fps and 312.37 FPE
    Feels warm but not hot, moderate blast and flash, easy to shoot. Thumps swinging plates soundly.

H&R Handi Rifle 18.5 " - 1051.96, 1060.55, 1053.52, 1051.32, 983.58
    Avg 1040.16 and 480.6 FPE
    This combo was so quiet that both the locals shooting normal 22 rifles and the ClassIII guys shooting the surpressed 22 rifles had to walk over and check it out. Nobody could believe that it was a .357 mag load and didn't have a suppressor. It was FAR quieter than the .38 loads that I tried in that rifle, presumably because the longer, heavier bullet seated deeper into the case starting to move more slowly resulting in a very good burn. Initially I am VERY pleased.

I only had 18 rounds loaded to test, so I did not shoot it for groups out of either gun yet. I hope to load up some more this weekend and play with them some more. I am particularly eager to try them in a couple lever actions and see how they perform.

Revolvergeek: always a pleasure!

I currently have this bullet loaded in a 32-1 and 33-1 that I carry regularly, plus a 32-1 and 33-1 that reside in living room drawers. It's also in a Victory in the upstairs den, as well as an Enfield in the garage that generally serves as a truck gun. They're loaded to low 600's and cast from pure lead, with just a little tin to help fill out the mold. I guess you could say I like this bullet--a lot!

My speedloaders and strips carry either a 193ish LRN 358430 group buy bullet or some 214-15g as-cast .35 Remington bullets, with noses suitably flattened to form a nice meplat. Either of these loads fits more quickly into the cylinder than the sharp shoulder of this LSWC, but otherwise I have no complaints. The LSWC's shoot so smoothly and accurately from that Victory in Fairbairn-Sykes point shooting that I have great confidence in it.

My wife's 32-1 (car/carry) and 33-1 (bedroom) are loaded with Lee 140s (147g as-cast) at about 685, i.e. factory duplication loads with a sharp shoulder, in deference to her comfort level with that recipe.

Is this still an active buy?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112